|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, Even God Needs Help.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Juan when he is sent to prison?
(a) Eighteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
2. What is in the pack that Don Victor brings on his back upon his return to his family?
(a) A huge bundle of firewood.
(b) Gold and money has has earned.
(c) A large dead deer.
(d) Ribbons, dried meat, and other gifts.
3. What does Don Victor give to Don Manuel to help him through the wedding ceremony?
(a) A tamale.
(b) A glass of Tequila.
(c) A glass of wine.
(d) Some bread and fish.
4. What special gift does Don Tiburcio bring to Dona Guadalupe for her family to share?
(a) A large box of chocolates.
(b) A honeyed ham.
(c) A small pack of colorful papers.
(d) A big bottle of wine.
5. Why does Socorro throw out all of her husband's clothing?
(a) She needs to move and cannot take them all with her.
(b) She recognizes that she should donate them to others.
(c) She is going to buy him all new clothes for his return.
(d) She is angry and wants to say good-bye to him forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lupe first sees Don Victor coming towards the village, what does she think he is?
2. Why are Juan and Epitacio thrown into jail?
3. How long does Don Victor believe it will take his family to gather enough gold to buy their way to the U.S.?
4. What does Dona Guadalupe offer to make for Don Benito?
5. Who is having trouble keeping the secret that they have discovered gold?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)