|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(b) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they are women.
(c) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the war is coming to their village.
(b) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(c) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(d) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
4. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
5. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(b) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(c) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(d) No, it was not successful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
3. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
4. Who is eloping with Maria?
5. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)