|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(b) All are correct.
(c) They needed work very badly.
(d) They did not have many options for employment.
2. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
3. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Central New Mexico.
(b) Eastern Arizona.
(c) Southern California.
(d) Central California.
4. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) His dog.
(b) His sister.
(c) A food he has just hunted.
(d) The gold his family has collected.
5. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
4. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)