|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is eloping with Maria?
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) La Liebre.
(c) Colonel Maytorena.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
3. Is the strike successful?
(a) No, it was not successful.
(b) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(c) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(d) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(c) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(d) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
5. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
5. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)