|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(b) Just because.
(c) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(d) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
2. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. Is the strike successful?
(a) No, it was not successful.
(b) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(c) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(d) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
4. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
5. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Southern California.
(b) Central California.
(c) Eastern Arizona.
(d) Central New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)