|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the war is coming to their village.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
2. Is the strike successful?
(a) No, it was not successful.
(b) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(c) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(d) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
3. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) His dog.
(b) His sister.
(c) A food he has just hunted.
(d) The gold his family has collected.
4. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(c) Don Victor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
4. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
5. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)