|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(b) Just because.
(c) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(d) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the war is coming to their village.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
4. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) The gold his family has collected.
(b) A food he has just hunted.
(c) His dog.
(d) His sister.
5. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They needed work very badly.
(b) They did not have many options for employment.
(c) All are correct.
(d) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
3. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
5. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)