|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(b) No one will hire them after the strike.
(c) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
(d) They are promoted above all the other workers.
2. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Victor.
(c) Don Tiburcio.
3. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(b) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(c) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(d) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are women.
(b) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(c) Because they are poor workers.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
5. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(b) No, it was not successful.
(c) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(d) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
3. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
4. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
5. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)