|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They attack those who are rising against them.
(c) They taunt the angry crowds.
(d) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are women.
(b) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(c) Because they are poor workers.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
3. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Eastern Arizona.
(b) Central California.
(c) Southern California.
(d) Central New Mexico.
4. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(b) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(c) No, it was not successful.
(d) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Victor.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
3. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
4. Who is eloping with Maria?
5. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)