|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A large dagger.
(b) An old pistol.
(c) A heavy hatchet.
(d) A bow and arrow.
2. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They attack those who are rising against them.
(c) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
3. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
(b) No one will hire them after the strike.
(c) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(d) They are promoted above all the other workers.
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) Just because.
(b) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(c) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(d) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
5. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(c) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(d) Because they are women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
3. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
4. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
5. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)