|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They did not have many options for employment.
(b) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(c) They needed work very badly.
(d) All are correct.
3. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) An old pistol.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) A heavy hatchet.
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(b) Just because.
(c) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(d) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
5. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(d) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
2. Is the strike successful?
3. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
4. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
5. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)