|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because the war is coming to their village.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
3. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They attack those who are rising against them.
(b) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(c) They flee from the village.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(b) Because they are women.
(c) Because they are poor workers.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
5. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(b) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(c) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(d) Just because.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
3. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
5. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)