|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(b) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(c) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(d) He wants to be a successful businessman.
3. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Eastern Arizona.
(b) Central California.
(c) Central New Mexico.
(d) Southern California.
4. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
5. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
(b) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(c) No, it was not successful.
(d) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
3. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
5. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)