|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(b) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(c) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
(d) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
2. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They needed work very badly.
(b) All are correct.
(c) They did not have many options for employment.
(d) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
3. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) No one will hire them after the strike.
(b) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(c) They are promoted above all the other workers.
(d) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(b) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(c) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(d) Just because.
5. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
3. Is the strike successful?
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
5. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)