|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are women.
(b) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(c) Because they are poor workers.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
3. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They taunt the angry crowds.
(b) They attack those who are rising against them.
(c) They flee from the village.
(d) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because the war is coming to their village.
(b) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(c) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(d) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
5. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) A food he has just hunted.
(b) The gold his family has collected.
(c) His sister.
(d) His dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is the strike successful?
2. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
3. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
4. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
5. Who is eloping with Maria?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)