|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) All are correct.
(b) They did not have many options for employment.
(c) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(d) They needed work very badly.
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) A food he has just hunted.
(b) His dog.
(c) The gold his family has collected.
(d) His sister.
3. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
4. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Eastern Arizona.
(b) Central California.
(c) Central New Mexico.
(d) Southern California.
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(b) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(c) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(d) His mother needs help paying the bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
3. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
5. Is the strike successful?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)