|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
2. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(b) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(c) No, it was not successful.
(d) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
3. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her sister.
4. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) An old pistol.
(b) A heavy hatchet.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(b) Because the war is coming to their village.
(c) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
(d) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
3. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
5. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)