|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) Don Manuel.
(d) La Liebre.
2. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(b) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(c) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(d) His mother needs help paying the bills.
3. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Central New Mexico.
(b) Eastern Arizona.
(c) Central California.
(d) Southern California.
4. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
5. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) His dog.
(b) His sister.
(c) A food he has just hunted.
(d) The gold his family has collected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
3. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
4. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
5. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)