|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
(a) They needed work very badly.
(b) They did not have many options for employment.
(c) They were at the mercy of American employers that were having difficulties of their own.
(d) All are correct.
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Tiburcio.
(b) Colonel Maytorena.
(c) La Liebre.
(d) Don Manuel.
3. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) Just because.
(b) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(c) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(d) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
4. Is the strike successful?
(a) No, it was not successful.
(b) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(c) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(d) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(a) Don Victor.
(c) Don Tiburcio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
2. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
3. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
5. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)