|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(b) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(c) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(d) His mother needs help paying the bills.
2. What weapon does Dona Guadalupe give to her son after she frees him from being hanged?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) An old pistol.
(c) A large dagger.
(d) A heavy hatchet.
3. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they are women.
(c) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(d) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
4. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
(a) Eastern Arizona.
(b) Central California.
(c) Central New Mexico.
(d) Southern California.
5. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(b) Don Victor.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
3. Who is eloping with Maria?
4. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
5. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)