|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They flee from the village.
(b) They taunt the angry crowds.
(c) They attack those who are rising against them.
(d) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
2. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
3. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
(b) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(c) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(d) He wants to be a successful businessman.
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
(a) Because a new, larger mine is opening up in another city.
(b) Because the Americans shut down the mine.
(c) Because the war is coming to their village.
(d) Because they are sick of working for the Americans.
5. Who has convinced Maria that she should elope?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is eloping with Maria?
2. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
3. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
4. Is the strike successful?
5. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)