|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
(b) Don Tiburcio.
(d) Don Victor.
2. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(b) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
(c) Because they are women.
(d) Because they are poor workers.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(b) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
4. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
(a) He is deliberately trying to anger the Americans.
(b) He wants to be a successful businessman.
(c) His mother needs help paying the bills.
(d) He is trying to get enough gold to make a ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
2. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
3. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
5. What area are Lupe and her sisters working in when they decide to strike?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)