|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is the strike successful?
(a) Yes, but women got paid less than men.
(b) The story does not mention the outcome of the strike.
(c) No, it was not successful.
(d) Yes, women got paid equal to men.
2. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(b) They are promoted above all the other workers.
(c) No one will hire them after the strike.
(d) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
3. Which powerful person is killed by Victoriano?
(a) Don Manuel.
(b) La Liebre.
(c) Colonel Maytorena.
(d) Don Tiburcio.
4. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
(a) Because they are poor workers.
(b) Because they damage the produce as they pick them.
(c) Because they are women.
(d) Because they argue with the foreman too much.
5. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
(a) He and Victoriano are fighting over the same woman.
(b) He thinks the ore he has is more valuable than it is.
(c) He is angry because the boy talked back to him in a crowd.
(d) Just because.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
2. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the reader learn has fallen in love with Socorro?
4. Why are the people in the village leaving to find work in other areas?
5. Which of his daughters accompanies Don Victor back to the lowlands?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)