|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, A Time of Miracles.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because of their efforts in starting a strike, what happens to Lupe and her sisters as employees?
(a) They are punished by having to work longer shifts.
(b) They are promoted above all the other workers.
(c) They lose their jobs but soon find new, better ones.
(d) No one will hire them after the strike.
2. Victoriano is badly beaten after trying to defend what from the bandits?
(a) A food he has just hunted.
(b) His sister.
(c) The gold his family has collected.
(d) His dog.
3. What is Don Tiburcio's dying request to his wife?
(a) He asks her to clean the fireplace and then leave.
(b) He asks her to make sure she never remarries.
(c) He asks her to burn down their house and leave.
(d) He asks her to bury him next to his mother.
4. Towards the end of Chapter 7, what do the soldiers do in response to the angry crowds they see in the village?
(a) They do nothing and wait for the villagers to calm down.
(b) They attack those who are rising against them.
(c) They flee from the village.
(d) They taunt the angry crowds.
5. Which of Lupe's sisters organizes a strike so that women can get paid for the work they do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lupe and her sisters refused pay when they are working in the fields?
2. Is the strike successful?
3. Why do the Mexican workers work under such horrible conditions?
4. Why does La Liebre decide to have Victoriano hanged in the town square?
5. Why is Victoriano looking through the discarded ore for gold?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)