Section 1, Rain of Gold
1. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(b) His sister.
(c) A place to hunt.
(d) Drinkable water.
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) A large ranch of his own.
(b) Ten percent of the gold.
(c) All the clothes and food his people could need.
(d) One million dollars.
3. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(b) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(c) They must not impose on the community.
(d) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
4. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) Espirito's grandchildren.
(b) A large American mining company.
(c) A British oil company.
(d) The Mexican Federales.
5. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) The nuggets are depleted.
(b) He has to move back to his home country.
(c) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(d) The war makes it too dangerous.
This section contains 5,802 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)