Section 1, Rain of Gold
1. What is Espirito searching for in Chapter 1?
(a) A place to hunt.
(b) Drinkable water.
(c) His sister.
2. What is Espirito offered for the golden rocks in the springs?
(a) Ten percent of the gold.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) A large ranch of his own.
(d) All the clothes and food his people could need.
3. What is the one condition that Espirito and his people put on the spring when they sell it?
(a) They are only allowed to stay for six months out of the year.
(b) No digging allowed, they can only take rocks at the surface.
(c) They must pay taxes to the community to live there.
(d) They must not impose on the community.
4. Who does the second owner sell the mine to?
(a) A British oil company.
(b) Espirito's grandchildren.
(c) A large American mining company.
(d) The Mexican Federales.
5. Why does the first owner sell the spring?
(a) He does not sell it. It is stolen.
(b) The nuggets are depleted.
(c) The war makes it too dangerous.
(d) He has to move back to his home country.
This section contains 5,802 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)