Section 1, Rain of Gold
• Espirito finds a sweet water spring with gold in it.
• He and his people allow the gold to be collected but say no digging is allowed.
• The mine is sold to a large American mining company.
• This novel follows three generations of two families and their stories in Mexico, through the Mexican Revolution, and their migration and life in America.
• We are introduced to Dona Guadalupe and Don Victor, and their four daughters and one son living in the mining town of La Lluvia de Oro.
• Soldiers come into town, including Colonel Manuel Maytorena and his wife Socorro, who stays with Dona Guadalupe's family because she is pregnant.
• On Lupe's first day of school she is bullied by Rose-Mary, another student from a rich Mexican family in town.
• The Colonel is in charge of building a road out of the valley that...
This section contains 2,519 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)