Section 1, Rain of Gold
* Espirito finds a sweet water spring with gold in it.
* He and his people allow the gold to be collected but say no digging is allowed.
* The mine is sold to a large American mining company.
* This novel follows three generations of two families and their stories in Mexico, through the Mexican Revolution, and their migration and life in America.
* We are introduced to Dona Guadalupe and Don Victor, and their four daughters and one son living in the mining town of La Lluvia de Oro.
* Soldiers come into town, including Colonel Manuel Maytorena and his wife Socorro, who stays with Dona Guadalupe's family because she is pregnant.
* On Lupe's first day of school she is bullied by Rose-Mary, another student from a rich Mexican family in town.
* The Colonel is in charge of building a road out of the valley that...
This section contains 2,319 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)