|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
(a) Younger Brother.
(c) Fire Chief Conklin.
(d) The new police chief.
2. What does Coalhouse say that causes Sarah to cry and hold the baby?
(a) That he cannot marry her until his car is returned in new condition.
(b) That he will only marry her after he has killed the fire chief.
(c) That he will have to go away to make money for the wedding.
(d) That the wedding if off because he has no car now.
3. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
(b) Younger Brother rents them.
(c) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
(d) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
4. Who does Coalhouse plan to kidnap and exchange for Willie Conklin?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) Evelyn Nesbit.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Pierpont Morgan.
5. How do Father and Mother sometimes travel down the boardwalk in Atlantic City?
(a) They are pushed in wheeled, wicker chairs.
(b) They ride in a horse drawn hansom.
(c) They go on rollerskates.
(d) They go on a trolley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Younger Brother go?
2. Who captures Mother's interest in Atlantic City?
3. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
4. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
5. What had actually exploded that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
2. Describe Morgan's buildings on Madison Avenue in Murray Hill.
3. Why does Father return alone to New York, leaving the family in Atlantic City.
4. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
5. How have the fortunes of Tateh and The girl changed?
6. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
7. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
8. After Coalhouse arranges for his gang to escape, what happens to him?
9. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
10. What is Sarah's funeral like?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)