|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the Emerald Isle Fire Station?
(a) Young brother goes to apply for a job.
(b) Father provides the bunting for a barbecue.
(c) Coalhouse is not allowed to pass and his car is vandalized.
(d) Coalhouse and Sarah get married.
2. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is not a baron at all.
(b) He is from noble German royalty.
(c) He fears American mothers.
(d) He is not the father of the girl.
3. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
(b) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
(c) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
(d) Younger Brother rents them.
4. What had actually exploded that night?
(a) A small canon.
(b) A homemade bomb.
(c) fireworks at Father's plant.
(d) The boiler of the overturned fire wagon.
5. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
(a) Going to Broadway plays and waiting in the alley for the stars.
(b) Gambling on the horses.
(c) Learning how to tap dance.
(d) Writing poetry for the newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Father's relationship with Mother after he returns from the Arctic?
2. What does Mother notice about the change in Sarah's face?
3. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
4. When the New York City papers get the story, what happens with Chief Conklin?
5. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
2. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
3. What brings Younger Brother back to life after his breakup with Evelyn?
4. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
5. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
6. How have the fortunes of Tateh and The girl changed?
7. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
8. When the police cannot find Coalhouse, what does Father do?
9. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
10. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)