|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the New York City papers get the story, what happens with Chief Conklin?
(a) He becomes hated as the perpetrator of the act of revenge.
(b) He has to go into hiding.
(c) He becomes a state-wide hero.
(d) He becomes a target for former abolutionists.
2. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
(a) Asking Sarah endless questions.
(b) Drawing pictures for Sarah.
(c) Playing with the baby.
(d) Reading to Sarah.
3. In reality, who are the baron and his daughter?
(a) A Vaudeville father and daughter act.
(b) Tateh and The Girl.
(c) Movie actors from Edison's studio.
(d) A labor organizer and his niece.
4. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is from noble German royalty.
(b) He is not a baron at all.
(c) He fears American mothers.
(d) He is not the father of the girl.
5. After his mother's death, what does Houdini set out to do?
(a) Learn all he can about reincarnation.
(b) Find a true medium who can communicate with the dead.
(c) Sue the doctors who did not keep her alive.
(d) Find a baby that was born at the exact minute she died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
2. What could The Boy see in the polished rear doors of the Pierce Arrow hearse?
3. When a reporter looks up Houdini to get his reaction to the escape, where is he found?
4. What does the family learn about Coalhouse Walker, Jr.?
5. Why is Houdini's mothers grave covered with a mound of small stones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
2. Describe Morgan's buildings on Madison Avenue in Murray Hill.
3. What happens on Houdini's tour of Europe?
4. Why does Father return alone to New York, leaving the family in Atlantic City.
5. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
6. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
7. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
8. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
9. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
10. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)