|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coalhouse accept Younger Brother's help?
(a) Younger Brother has dyed his blong hair black.
(b) Younger Brother says he can make bombs.
(c) Younger Brother has joined the Communist Party.
(d) Younger Brother knows where Coalhouse's son is.
2. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
(b) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(c) Fashionably for his day.
(d) Simply, like a laborer.
3. What had Morgan once done for the U.S. government?
(a) Subsidized the military.
(b) Imported gold for the national treasury.
(c) Arranged a loan that kept it out of bankruptcy.
(d) Served as Secretary of the Treasury.
4. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) His last birthday party when no one came.
(b) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(c) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(d) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
5. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
(c) To Evelyn's apartment.
(d) To New Rochelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morgan bring back from Europe every year?
2. What returns to Father at the sea in Atlantic City?
3. What are the ages of Coalhouse's followers?
4. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
5. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
2. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
3. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
4. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
5. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
6. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
7. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
8. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
9. What is Sarah's funeral like?
10. Describe Morgan's buildings on Madison Avenue in Murray Hill.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)