|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
(a) He gets away when the generators fail.
(b) He is taken to jail.
(c) He is executed in a volly of gunfire.
(d) He is attacked by Willie Conklin.
2. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Simply, like a laborer.
(b) Fashionably for his day.
(c) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(d) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
3. Who becomes alarmed when a full military assault on the museum is suggested?
(a) A museum curator.
(b) The District Attorney.
(c) The Bovernor of New York.
(d) J. P. Morgan.
4. What resemblance does Morgan see in Henry Ford?
(a) A resemblance to Napoleon Bonapart.
(b) A resemblance to Thomas Jefferson.
(c) A resemblance to a golden eagle.
(d) A resemblance of Sethi I, Pharoah of Egypt.
5. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
(c) New York City.
(d) Atlantic City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
2. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
3. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
4. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
5. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
2. What happens on Houdini's tour of Europe?
3. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
4. What suddenly worries Sarah after the Fire House incident?
5. What does Sarah try to do to help Coalhouse?
6. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
7. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
8. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
9. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
10. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)