|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What innovation of Henry Ford's was about to revolutionize American manufacturing?
(a) The invention of the diesel truck.
(b) Spray painting by machine.
(c) Better conditions for the factory workers.
(d) The assembly line production of automobiles.
2. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(a) Buying a Model-T.
(b) Getting married.
(c) A new poem.
3. What happens to Sarah as she tries to approach a man she thought was the President?
(a) She is trampled by the crowd.
(b) She is turned away and not allowed to come close.
(c) She is hit in the chest with the butt of a rifle.
(d) Sheis stoned by the crowd.
4. Why does Coalhouse accept Younger Brother's help?
(a) Younger Brother has joined the Communist Party.
(b) Younger Brother knows where Coalhouse's son is.
(c) Younger Brother has dyed his blong hair black.
(d) Younger Brother says he can make bombs.
5. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is not the father of the girl.
(b) He is not a baron at all.
(c) He fears American mothers.
(d) He is from noble German royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Ben Reitman in San Diego?
2. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
3. As the procession crosses into Brooklyn, what is seen settling on the rails of the Brooklyn Bridge?
4. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
5. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
2. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
3. What is Sarah's funeral like?
4. What plans do Father and Mother make to get away from the Coalhouse problem?
5. When the police cannot find Coalhouse, what does Father do?
6. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
7. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
8. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
9. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
10. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)