|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lecture does Emma Goldman give Younger Brother?
(a) That he should travel to the West Coast.
(b) That he should learn another trade and make some real money.
(c) That he should organize the union in Father's business.
(d) That he should forget Evelyn and get on with his life.
2. Where does Younger Brother go?
(c) Washington state.
3. Who comes to try and talk Coalhouse into surrendering?
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Willie Conklin.
(d) Emma Goldman.
4. Who were most of the mourners at Sarah's funeral?
(a) Musician friends of Coalhouse.
(b) New York policemen.
(c) Hired mourners.
(d) Father, Mother, Younger Brother, and The Boy.
5. What does the family learn about Coalhouse Walker, Jr.?
(a) That he is an accomplished pianist.
(b) That he is not the father of Sarah's baby.
(c) That he has connections to the mob.
(d) That he is an opera singer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
2. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
3. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
4. What is the result when the newspapers succeed in getting the Model-T raised from the pond?
5. How does Morgan dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Coalhouse arranges for his gang to escape, what happens to him?
2. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
3. What happens on Houdini's tour of Europe?
4. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
5. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
6. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
7. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
8. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
9. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
10. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)