|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
(a) Dollar signs and the Ford logo.
(b) Wallpaper with Ford cars going up and down.
(c) Pastoral mural wallpaper.
(d) Images of ancient Egypt.
2. Where does Younger Brother go?
(a) Washington state.
3. What does Younger Brother tell Emilio Zapata?
(a) That he can make bombs and repair rifles.
(b) That he knows President Taft.
(c) That he can get recruits from New York.
(d) That he is an expert sniper.
4. When the Negro man goes to the back door and asks for Sarah, what happens?
(a) Mother invites him in for tea.
(b) Mother goes upstairs but Sarah refuses to come down.
(c) The Boy asks if he can ride in his car.
(d) Mother tells him to go away and never return.
5. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
(a) It hits Father in the face.
(b) The umpire gets hit in the head.
(c) The Boy catches it.
(d) Everyone boos the pitcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote Morgan's favorite story, The Birthmark?
2. What lecture does Emma Goldman give Younger Brother?
3. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
4. How had Father gotten his start in business?
5. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)