|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
(a) He is executed in a volly of gunfire.
(b) He is attacked by Willie Conklin.
(c) He gets away when the generators fail.
(d) He is taken to jail.
2. After his mother's death, what does Houdini set out to do?
(a) Sue the doctors who did not keep her alive.
(b) Learn all he can about reincarnation.
(c) Find a baby that was born at the exact minute she died.
(d) Find a true medium who can communicate with the dead.
3. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
(a) Find Coalhouse a much better job.
(b) Repair the car and bribe the Fire House to return it.
(c) Pay Coalhouse's employer to increase his salary.
(d) Buy Coalhouse a new car.
4. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
(a) Asking Sarah endless questions.
(b) Drawing pictures for Sarah.
(c) Playing with the baby.
(d) Reading to Sarah.
5. What had actually exploded that night?
(a) A homemade bomb.
(b) fireworks at Father's plant.
(c) The boiler of the overturned fire wagon.
(d) A small canon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
2. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
4. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
5. In reality, who are the baron and his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
2. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
3. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
4. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
5. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
6. What brings Younger Brother back to life after his breakup with Evelyn?
7. What becomes of Younger Brother?
8. Why does Father return alone to New York, leaving the family in Atlantic City.
9. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
10. What happens on Houdini's tour of Europe?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)