|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up driving a new Model-T in front of The Boy's house?
(a) A Negro man looking for Sarah.
(b) Harry Houdini looking for Father.
(c) Emma Goldman looking for Mother.
(d) Evelyn Nesbit looking for Younger Brother.
2. Where do Younger Brother and Father die?
(a) Younger Brother in Bellview and Father in the Hindenberg.
(b) Younger Brother in Mexico and Father on the Lusitania.
(c) Younger Brother in a train wreck and Father in the hospital.
(d) Younger Brother in Texas and Father in his bed.
3. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
(b) The new police chief.
(c) Fire Chief Conklin.
(d) Younger Brother.
4. Who cares for the baby while Sarah lay dying in the hospital?
(a) The Boy takes charge of the baby.
(b) Coalhouse comes and looks after the baby.
(c) Younger Brother moves into Sarah's room and cares for the baby.
(d) Mother holds the baby constantly.
5. How had Father gotten his start in business?
(a) He discovered a buried treasure.
(b) His rich uncle left the business to him.
(c) He was apprenticed to an Italian fireworks maker.
(d) As an orphan, when he reached maturity he inherited a small amount of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police pay little attention to burglaries at Father's fireworks factory?
2. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
3. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
4. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
5. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
2. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
3. What becomes fashionable because of Morgan's obsession with Egyptology?
4. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
5. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
6. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
7. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
8. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
9. What does Sarah try to do to help Coalhouse?
10. What plans do Father and Mother make to get away from the Coalhouse problem?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)