|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first response to the police from the museum?
(a) Dead silence.
(b) A grenade thrown into the street.
(c) A mutilated Rembrandt.
(d) A gun shot.
2. What are the ages of Coalhouse's followers?
(a) From sixteen to seventy-two.
(b) Eighteen to twenties.
(c) Men as old as sixty-five.
(d) Near Coalhouse's age.
3. What lecture does Emma Goldman give Younger Brother?
(a) That he should travel to the West Coast.
(b) That he should organize the union in Father's business.
(c) That he should learn another trade and make some real money.
(d) That he should forget Evelyn and get on with his life.
4. What had Morgan once done for the U.S. government?
(a) Subsidized the military.
(b) Imported gold for the national treasury.
(c) Arranged a loan that kept it out of bankruptcy.
(d) Served as Secretary of the Treasury.
5. In reality, who are the baron and his daughter?
(a) Movie actors from Edison's studio.
(b) Tateh and The Girl.
(c) A labor organizer and his niece.
(d) A Vaudeville father and daughter act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
2. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
3. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
4. Why does Coalhouse accept Younger Brother's help?
5. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
2. What suddenly worries Sarah after the Fire House incident?
3. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
4. What plans do Father and Mother make to get away from the Coalhouse problem?
5. What is Sarah's funeral like?
6. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
7. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
8. What does Sarah try to do to help Coalhouse?
9. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
10. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)