|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Father and The Boy go in spite of the tension surrounding Coalhouse's being at large?
(a) To Coney Island.
(b) On a drive through Harlem.
(c) A Giants baseball game.
(d) To see the Statue of Liberty.
2. Who were most of the mourners at Sarah's funeral?
(a) Musician friends of Coalhouse.
(b) Father, Mother, Younger Brother, and The Boy.
(c) Hired mourners.
(d) New York policemen.
3. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) She recovers.
(b) She dies.
(c) Sarah losses her memory.
(d) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
4. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
(b) J. P. Morgan.
5. Who arrives in a white town car and shoots a policeman and bombs Municipal Fire Station No. 2?
(a) Coalhouse and Younger Brother.
(b) Masked men as undercover policemen.
(c) Several black men holding shotguns.
(d) Coalhouse and some Italians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
2. What does Morgan bring back from Europe every year?
3. Where do Younger Brother and Father die?
4. Why is it a busy time of the year for Father's business?
5. What does the family learn about Coalhouse Walker, Jr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on Houdini's tour of Europe?
2. How does Mother's and Father's relationship change in Atlantic City?
3. Why does Father return alone to New York, leaving the family in Atlantic City.
4. How have the fortunes of Tateh and The girl changed?
5. What becomes fashionable because of Morgan's obsession with Egyptology?
6. After Coalhouse arranges for his gang to escape, what happens to him?
7. What is the beginning of the trouble with Coalhouse Walker?
8. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
9. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
10. What does Sarah try to do to help Coalhouse?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)