|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
(a) Gambling on the horses.
(b) Going to Broadway plays and waiting in the alley for the stars.
(c) Learning how to tap dance.
(d) Writing poetry for the newspapers.
2. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(a) Buying a Model-T.
(c) Getting married.
(d) A new poem.
3. After his mother's death, what does Houdini set out to do?
(a) Find a true medium who can communicate with the dead.
(b) Sue the doctors who did not keep her alive.
(c) Learn all he can about reincarnation.
(d) Find a baby that was born at the exact minute she died.
4. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(b) His last birthday party when no one came.
(c) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(d) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
5. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
(a) To New Rochelle.
(c) To Evelyn's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Morgan once done for the U.S. government?
2. What finally really captures Morgan's attention in the world?
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
4. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
5. Why do the police pay little attention to burglaries at Father's fireworks factory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
2. What causes the theater to shake where Houdini is performing?
3. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
4. What causes Younger Brother to run out of the parlor one evening after dinner?
5. What remarkable innovation in manufacturing took place about this time?
6. What plans do Father and Mother make to get away from the Coalhouse problem?
7. Why does Father return alone to New York, leaving the family in Atlantic City.
8. That spring, what happens at the Matteawan State Prison Farm?
9. How do the police learn about the history of Coalhouse Walker, Jr.?
10. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)