|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first response to the police from the museum?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) Dead silence.
(c) A mutilated Rembrandt.
(d) A grenade thrown into the street.
2. What does Morgan bring back from Europe every year?
(a) Art, rare manuscripts, jades, bronzes, tapestries, and crystal.
(b) Orphans he adopted every year.
(c) Skilled workers to work on his projects.
(d) Boatloads of gold and silver.
3. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(b) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(c) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
(d) His last birthday party when no one came.
4. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
(b) New York City.
(c) Atlantic City.
5. What worries Father after the baseball game?
(a) A pickpocket has taken his wallet.
(b) He thinks he sees Coalhouse in the crowd.
(c) He is afraid they have missed the train.
(d) He thinks he should not have left Mother alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the New York City papers get the story, what happens with Chief Conklin?
2. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
3. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
4. Who becomes alarmed when a full military assault on the museum is suggested?
5. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)