|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who captures Mother's interest in Atlantic City?
(a) The fat New Yorkers.
(b) The family from Philadelphia.
(c) Baron Ashkenazy.
(d) A child who comes to play with the baby.
2. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
(a) The building exploded because of an earthquake.
(b) A fireman had thrown a cigarette into a gas can.
(c) Two of the victims had been shot; it was a case of murder.
(d) The fire started when a cook stove blew up.
3. Who shows up driving a new Model-T in front of The Boy's house?
(a) Emma Goldman looking for Mother.
(b) Evelyn Nesbit looking for Younger Brother.
(c) Harry Houdini looking for Father.
(d) A Negro man looking for Sarah.
4. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
(a) He is taken to jail.
(b) He gets away when the generators fail.
(c) He is executed in a volly of gunfire.
(d) He is attacked by Willie Conklin.
5. Who does Morgan want to meet?
(b) Evelyn Nesbit.
(c) Sarah Burnhardt.
(d) Henry Ford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
2. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
3. Most people think that it was the work of a group of armed men, but what does the newspaper suggest?
4. How do Father and Mother sometimes travel down the boardwalk in Atlantic City?
5. Who does Younger Brother attach himself to in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Younger Brother's first act as a revolutionary and outlaw?
2. Why is Emma Goldman arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
3. What does Sarah try to do to help Coalhouse?
4. What plans do Father and Mother make to get away from the Coalhouse problem?
5. What does Younger Brother do that the family is completely unaware of?
6. What happens to Sarah at the rally?
7. What does Father decide to do to make up for the time he has not spent with The Boy?
8. What is keeping Father busy that summer?
9. What does Morgan think about making automobiles available to the masses?
10. What brings Younger Brother back to life after his breakup with Evelyn?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)