|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Boy wishing for?
(a) To go with Father to the North Pole.
(b) A new bicycle.
(c) An exciting life like Harry Houdini's.
(d) A new car for his family.
2. Where does The Boy get some of Tateh's silhouettes?
(a) Evelyn Nesbit gives them to him.
(b) From a penny store in New Rochelle.
(c) Where Younger Brother had thrown them in the trash.
(d) At a flea market in New York.
3. To where does Younger Brother ride the streetcar?
(a) To the end of the line.
(b) To the Rialto Theater.
(c) To the community college.
(d) To Woolworth's.
4. What does Mameh finally do to make extra money?
(a) Work as a roommaid in a hotel.
(b) Submit to the advances of her employer.
(c) Dance in a burlesque house.
(d) Shoplift from small stores.
5. What type of labor was favored in the factories then?
(a) Female labor.
(b) Black labor.
(c) Irish labor.
(d) Child labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does The Girl like the strike?
2. Where do the police find the mother of the baby?
3. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
4. Who becomes Evelyn's lover?
5. What does Mother insist on doing with the baby and its mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Tateh's plans for him and The Girl as they leave New York?
2. What does newspaperman Riis find when he goes to the docks to interview Stanford white about housing for the poor?
3. Who are the famous psychologists who visit New York at this time and what is their reaction?
4. What happens when Tateh is working in the Mills in Lawrence, Massachusetts?
5. What does the Franklin Novelty Company do with Tateh's books?
6. What crime is Harry K. Shaw accused of committing?
7. What is the gossip about Evelyn's disappearances to visit The Girl?
8. What are the lead workers doing as Perry comes leisurely behind?
9. What becomes the fashion among the rich in turn of the century America?
10. What is the nature of Evelyn's testimony in Harry's trial?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)