|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Tateh and The Girl go to warm up after spending the night in the train station?
(a) A small cafe.
(b) A Philadelphia Department Store.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A synagogue.
2. What does Father notice as the expedition sails out of the harbor?
(a) A fireworks display in thier honor.
(b) The U.S. Navy escort ship.
(c) How the temperature is already dropping.
(d) A rag ship arraving with new immigrants.
3. How has The Boy changed?
(a) He has begun to copy Mother's Younger Brother.
(b) He has lost his interest in science.
(c) He is taller and has lost some of his fat.
(d) He is like a stranger to Father.
4. What causes the Little Girl to stop working?
(a) She falls and breaks her hand.
(b) She gets tuberculosis.
(c) She is forced to go to school.
(d) She is kidnapped by pimps.
5. What does Evelyn receive in her divorce settlement?
(b) Nothing because of her affair with Younger Brother.
(c) One dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father see in his bathroom mirror after he returns?
2. What does Evelyn do with most of her money?
3. Who took up the dare to escape from The Tombs?
4. In the late 1800s, what seemed to happen in one hundreds?
5. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Boy recover from the trash?
2. What are Tateh's plans for him and The Girl as they leave New York?
3. What sight as they sail out of New York Harbor depresses Father?
4. What does The boy see Mother do in the back garden?
5. What does The Boy think bronze statues are?
6. What crime is Harry K. Shaw accused of committing?
7. What is Mother's concern about Younger Brother?
8. What is the nature of Evelyn's testimony in Harry's trial?
9. What infatuation comes over Mother's Younger brother?
10. What does the Franklin Novelty Company do with Tateh's books?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)