|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perry do after the flag is set up?
(a) He takes photos.
(b) He rolls in the snow.
(c) He dances a jig.
(d) He has sex with an Esquimo woman.
2. What does Houdini do in Germany?
(a) Learn to play the violin.
(b) Hang from a flying plane by his teeth.
(c) Learn to pilot a Voisin.
(d) Walk on the wings of a flying plane.
3. Who becomes Evelyn's lover?
(d) Younger Brother.
4. What does Evelyn hope for in her husband's trial?
(a) That her testimony will free him.
(b) That she won't have to testify.
(c) That he will commit suicide.
(d) That he will be found guilty and locked up for life.
5. What is worrying Mother back in New Rochelle?
(a) Father is still gone and she hasn't heard from Younger Brother in days.
(b) The roof is leading and there is no one to call a repairman.
(c) Little Boy is refusing to go to school.
(d) She is out of the money that Father left her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
2. What does Mother find buried in her garden?
3. Where do Tateh and The Girl go to warm up after spending the night in the train station?
4. What is Matthew Henson's special knowledge that make him invaluable to Perry?
5. What does Tateh have that finally makes them money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the police learn about the history of Coalhouse Walker, Jr.?
2. How do the second generation Irish feel about the new immigrants?
3. Why does J. P. Morgan want to meet with Henry Ford?
4. Who are the famous psychologists who visit New York at this time and what is their reaction?
5. What brings Younger Brother back to life after his breakup with Evelyn?
6. What does Younger Brother do for a political rally in Rye, New York?
7. What becomes of Younger Brother?
8. What are the lead workers doing as Perry comes leisurely behind?
9. What are Tateh's plans for him and The Girl as they leave New York?
10. What infatuation comes over Mother's Younger brother?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)