|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the trial, how does Evelyn depict herself at age fifteen?
(a) As a waitress who wanted to be an actress.
(b) As a simple minded girl who would do anyrthing for any man.
(c) As a spoiled rich girl who destroyed men.
(d) Sitting in a velvet swing as a wealthy industrialist ogled her calves.
2. What happens when a woman striker is shot?
(a) The strike leaders are arrested for complicity.
(b) The workers attack the police.
(c) Tateh gets elected leader.
(d) The militia is called away.
3. What does Father notice as the expedition sails out of the harbor?
(a) How the temperature is already dropping.
(b) A fireworks display in thier honor.
(c) A rag ship arraving with new immigrants.
(d) The U.S. Navy escort ship.
4. Who was the royal person who came to see Houdini fly his plane?
(a) The King of Spain.
(b) Queen Victoria.
(c) The Prince of Wales.
(d) The Archduke Ferdinand.
5. What is Goldman's political stance?
Short Answer Questions
1. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
2. As the strike wears on, what is being done for the children?
3. Why does Evelyn call the old man Tateh?
4. Who is on the mind of Mother's Younger Brother?
5. What is the newspaperman, Jacob Riis, writing about at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Franklin Novelty Company do with Tateh's books?
2. Why is Houdini thrown out of Bellevue Hospital?
3. What becomes the fashion among the rich in turn of the century America?
4. Who are the famous psychologists who visit New York at this time and what is their reaction?
5. What is Perry's attitude towards the Esquimo people?
6. How are Tateh and The Girl rescued from being separated?
7. What is Evelyn doing with Younger Brother after Tateh and The girl leave?
8. What does The Boy think bronze statues are?
9. What is the gossip about Evelyn's disappearances to visit The Girl?
10. What does Younger Brother do for a political rally in Rye, New York?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)