|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On board the Roosevelt, how does Admiral Perry live?
(a) He shares a cabin with Father and Matthew Henson.
(b) He takes an Esquimo woman for a bed warmer.
(c) He is the most comfortable with a player piano in his cabin.
(d) He lives as ruggedly as the Esquimos.
2. What does Perry do after the flag is set up?
(a) He rolls in the snow.
(b) He dances a jig.
(c) He has sex with an Esquimo woman.
(d) He takes photos.
3. What is Goldman's political stance?
4. Where do Tateh and The Girl go to warm up after spending the night in the train station?
(a) A Philadelphia Department Store.
(b) A synagogue.
(c) A movie theater.
(d) A small cafe.
5. What does Father notice as the expedition sails out of the harbor?
(a) A fireworks display in thier honor.
(b) A rag ship arraving with new immigrants.
(c) How the temperature is already dropping.
(d) The U.S. Navy escort ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened often when Freud was around Jung?
2. What change is obvious in Younger Brother?
3. What do Mameh, Tateh, and the Little Girl do to make a living?
4. What does Father find on Mother's bedside table?
5. The winter The Boy was skating on the pond, where were Tateh and The Girl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the second generation Irish feel about the new immigrants?
2. What infatuation comes over Mother's Younger brother?
3. Why does socialite Mrs. Stuyvesant Fish bring Houdini and circus freaks to her house?
4. What causes Harry K. Shaw to propose marriage to Evelyn Nesbit?
5. What does Tateh notice about The Girl on their train trip.
6. What is it that Evelyn Nesbit does not understand when she sees The Girl tied to her father?
7. What sight as they sail out of New York Harbor depresses Father?
8. What is Mother's concern about Younger Brother?
9. What does the Franklin Novelty Company do with Tateh's books?
10. What happens when Tateh is working in the Mills in Lawrence, Massachusetts?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)