|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the trial, how does Evelyn depict herself at age fifteen?
(a) As a spoiled rich girl who destroyed men.
(b) As a simple minded girl who would do anyrthing for any man.
(c) Sitting in a velvet swing as a wealthy industrialist ogled her calves.
(d) As a waitress who wanted to be an actress.
2. What does Riis call his colored map of Manhattan?
(a) Better than a train schedule.
(b) A guide to the theaters.
(c) A colored chart of districts.
(d) A crazy quilt of races.
3. which immigrants are sent back home?
(a) Those from Africa.
(b) Those who are criminals.
(c) Those too old or ill.
(d) Thos who cannot read.
4. As the strike wears on, what is being done for the children?
(a) They are being boarded by wealthy families in other cities.
(b) They are given extra rations in the soup kitchens.
(c) They are enlisted to march in the picket lines.
(d) They are sent to private schools.
5. What happens with Tateh and his little girl after they left the Goldman lecture?
(a) They find a ship and return to Europe.
(b) They move into another tenement.
(c) Tateh decides they must leave the city where he had such bad luck.
(d) Tateh puts new locks on their door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry K. Shaw receive special privileges in jail?
2. What does Father manufacture?
3. Where are the immigrants ushered as they enter New York Harbor?
4. How has The Boy changed?
5. What happened often when Freud was around Jung?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Father sent off on his trip with the Perry expedition to the North Pole?
2. What are the lead workers doing as Perry comes leisurely behind?
3. How are Tateh and The Girl rescued from being separated?
4. What idea does Tateh have that makes them money.
5. What is Mother's concern about Younger Brother?
6. What does The boy see Mother do in the back garden?
7. What does newspaperman Riis find when he goes to the docks to interview Stanford white about housing for the poor?
8. What causes Harry K. Shaw to propose marriage to Evelyn Nesbit?
9. Why is Houdini thrown out of Bellevue Hospital?
10. What does Tateh notice about The Girl on their train trip.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)