|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Little Girl to stop working?
(a) She is kidnapped by pimps.
(b) She is forced to go to school.
(c) She falls and breaks her hand.
(d) She gets tuberculosis.
2. What does Tateh have that finally makes them money?
(a) His new coat and tie.
(b) The Girl's new cloak and hat.
(c) His art supplies.
(d) The flip book he made for The Girl which he sells for $25.
3. Who is on the mind of Mother's Younger Brother?
(a) Nora Desmond.
(b) Evelyn Nesbit.
(c) Greta Garbo.
(d) Clara Bow.
4. What was a popular type of entertainment show in those days?
(a) Color motion pictures.
(b) Minstrels in black face.
(c) Classic concerts.
(d) Sing alongs.
5. Who becomes Evelyn's lover?
(a) Younger Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother find buried in her garden?
2. What stories does Grandfather tell The Boy?
3. What kind of car is Evelyn being chauffeured in as she goes around in New York?
4. Where does The Boy get some of Tateh's silhouettes?
5. What does Mother insist on doing with the baby and its mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Perry's attitude towards the Esquimo people?
2. What does newspaperman Riis find when he goes to the docks to interview Stanford white about housing for the poor?
3. How do the second generation Irish feel about the new immigrants?
4. How are Tateh and The Girl rescued from being separated?
5. What sight as they sail out of New York Harbor depresses Father?
6. What happens when Tateh is working in the Mills in Lawrence, Massachusetts?
7. What is Evelyn doing with Younger Brother after Tateh and The girl leave?
8. What does Younger Brother do for a political rally in Rye, New York?
9. How does Evelyn lose The Girl?
10. What infatuation comes over Mother's Younger brother?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)