|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plea does Shaw's mother want him to make in court but he flatly refuses?
(c) No lo contendre.
(d) Self defense.
2. What happens when the American Woolen Company gives out envelopes with short pay?
(a) The workers go on strike.
(b) The worker all leave to head West.
(c) Tateh contemplates suicide.
(d) The welfare office is overrun.
3. What is a theme established in the first two chapters?
4. What causes the Little Girl to stop working?
(a) She is forced to go to school.
(b) She gets tuberculosis.
(c) She is kidnapped by pimps.
(d) She falls and breaks her hand.
5. What was the physical condition of the rich prior to William Howard Taft becoming President?
(a) Wafer thin.
(b) Sickly and pale.
(c) Healthy and muscular.
(d) Generally obese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Boy think happens to people, animals, or objects in a motion picture?
2. What was a popular type of entertainment show in those days?
3. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
4. The winter The Boy was skating on the pond, where were Tateh and The Girl?
5. At the jail called The Tombs, what do the guards invent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Evelyn see when she goes with Tateh to a socialist meeting?
2. What is Mother's concern about Younger Brother?
3. What does The boy see Mother do in the back garden?
4. Why does socialite Mrs. Stuyvesant Fish bring Houdini and circus freaks to her house?
5. What infatuation comes over Mother's Younger brother?
6. How are Tateh and The Girl rescued from being separated?
7. What idea does Tateh have that makes them money.
8. What is Perry's attitude towards the Esquimo people?
9. What does the Franklin Novelty Company do with Tateh's books?
10. What does The Boy recover from the trash?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)