|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who captures Mother's interest in Atlantic City?
(a) Baron Ashkenazy.
(b) The fat New Yorkers.
(c) The family from Philadelphia.
(d) A child who comes to play with the baby.
2. What does Morgan bring back from Europe every year?
(a) Orphans he adopted every year.
(b) Art, rare manuscripts, jades, bronzes, tapestries, and crystal.
(c) Boatloads of gold and silver.
(d) Skilled workers to work on his projects.
3. Why does Father go to the police?
(a) To ask for police protection for his family.
(b) To tell what he knows about Coalhouse Walker, Jr.
(c) To throw them off the trail of Coalhouse.
(d) To find out if the police know where Coalhouse is.
4. Who does Coalhouse plan to kidnap and exchange for Willie Conklin?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Harry Houdini.
(c) Pierpont Morgan.
(d) Evelyn Nesbit.
5. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
(b) Younger Brother.
(c) Emma Goldman.
(d) Willie conklin.
6. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
(b) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
(c) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
(d) Younger Brother rents them.
7. When the Negro man goes to the back door and asks for Sarah, what happens?
(a) Mother invites him in for tea.
(b) Mother tells him to go away and never return.
(c) Mother goes upstairs but Sarah refuses to come down.
(d) The Boy asks if he can ride in his car.
8. What are the ages of Coalhouse's followers?
(a) Men as old as sixty-five.
(b) Eighteen to twenties.
(c) From sixteen to seventy-two.
(d) Near Coalhouse's age.
9. Who does Younger Brother attach himself to in Mexico?
(a) Santa Ana.
(c) Simon Bolivar.
(d) Francisco Villa.
10. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is not the father of the girl.
(b) He is from noble German royalty.
(c) He is not a baron at all.
(d) He fears American mothers.
11. What is the first response to the police from the museum?
(a) A mutilated Rembrandt.
(b) Dead silence.
(c) A gun shot.
(d) A grenade thrown into the street.
12. What is the description of the man who led the attack on the fire station?
(a) A short man with coal dust on his face.
(b) An unidentified Negro male.
(c) A stout man wearing a bandana mask.
(d) A man who looked a lot like the Fire Chief.
13. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
(a) The building exploded because of an earthquake.
(b) The fire started when a cook stove blew up.
(c) A fireman had thrown a cigarette into a gas can.
(d) Two of the victims had been shot; it was a case of murder.
14. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
(a) A head-on train wreck.
(b) A boiler blew up in the theater.
(c) A German bomb attack on New York.
(d) An explosion at the Emerald Isle Fire House.
15. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
(a) He is executed in a volly of gunfire.
(b) He is attacked by Willie Conklin.
(c) He gets away when the generators fail.
(d) He is taken to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it a busy time of the year for Father's business?
2. How does the knowledge of Coalhouse Walker's activities eventually become known?
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
4. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
5. Who is arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)