|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Simply, like a laborer.
(b) Fashionably for his day.
(c) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(d) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
2. What returns to Father at the sea in Atlantic City?
(a) His hair begins to grow again on top of his head.
(b) Father's desire to make love to Mother.
(c) His color returns to normal.
(d) His weight begins to drop off.
3. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
(b) To Evelyn's apartment.
(c) To New Rochelle.
4. How do Father and Mother sometimes travel down the boardwalk in Atlantic City?
(a) They go on rollerskates.
(b) They ride in a horse drawn hansom.
(c) They are pushed in wheeled, wicker chairs.
(d) They go on a trolley.
5. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is from noble German royalty.
(b) He is not a baron at all.
(c) He is not the father of the girl.
(d) He fears American mothers.
6. Who shows up driving a new Model-T in front of The Boy's house?
(a) Emma Goldman looking for Mother.
(b) A Negro man looking for Sarah.
(c) Harry Houdini looking for Father.
(d) Evelyn Nesbit looking for Younger Brother.
7. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
(a) It hits Father in the face.
(b) Everyone boos the pitcher.
(c) The Boy catches it.
(d) The umpire gets hit in the head.
8. Where do Younger Brother and Father die?
(a) Younger Brother in Texas and Father in his bed.
(b) Younger Brother in Mexico and Father on the Lusitania.
(c) Younger Brother in a train wreck and Father in the hospital.
(d) Younger Brother in Bellview and Father in the Hindenberg.
9. When a reporter looks up Houdini to get his reaction to the escape, where is he found?
(a) On his way to Europe.
(b) At his mother's grave.
(c) Escaping from a trunk in the East River.
(d) In the theater.
10. How is the funeral described?
(c) Small and intimate.
11. What lecture does Emma Goldman give Younger Brother?
(a) That he should learn another trade and make some real money.
(b) That he should forget Evelyn and get on with his life.
(c) That he should travel to the West Coast.
(d) That he should organize the union in Father's business.
12. How had Father gotten his start in business?
(a) He was apprenticed to an Italian fireworks maker.
(b) He discovered a buried treasure.
(c) His rich uncle left the business to him.
(d) As an orphan, when he reached maturity he inherited a small amount of money.
13. What happens to Coalhouse after he comes out of the museum with his hands raised?
(a) He gets away when the generators fail.
(b) He is taken to jail.
(c) He is attacked by Willie Conklin.
(d) He is executed in a volly of gunfire.
14. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
(c) J. P. Morgan.
15. What worries Father after the baseball game?
(a) He thinks he should not have left Mother alone.
(b) He is afraid they have missed the train.
(c) A pickpocket has taken his wallet.
(d) He thinks he sees Coalhouse in the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
2. What does Coalhouse say that causes Sarah to cry and hold the baby?
3. Who does Younger Brother attach himself to in Mexico?
4. What does Mother notice about the change in Sarah's face?
5. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)