|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the description of the man who led the attack on the fire station?
(a) A short man with coal dust on his face.
(b) A man who looked a lot like the Fire Chief.
(c) A stout man wearing a bandana mask.
(d) An unidentified Negro male.
2. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
(a) The boys scouted out the wrong building.
(b) The Morgan house was heavily guarded.
(c) The museum had more room.
(d) The boys could not find Morgan's house.
3. Why does Baron Ashkenazy say his daughter is sad and seldom speaks?
(a) She suffered from migraines.
(b) She had lost her kitten.
(c) She was missing Europe.
(d) Her mother had died some years ago.
4. Who captures Mother's interest in Atlantic City?
(a) The fat New Yorkers.
(b) A child who comes to play with the baby.
(c) The family from Philadelphia.
(d) Baron Ashkenazy.
5. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
(b) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(c) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(d) His last birthday party when no one came.
6. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
(a) Harry K. Thaw escapes.
(b) Harry K. Thaw is given a new trial.
(c) Harry K. Thaw is executed.
(d) Harry K. thaw is released.
7. What does Coalhouse Walker, Jr., do to identify himself.
(a) He leaves letters at newspapers that he wants the Fire Chief turned over to him and his car returned in new condition.
(b) He writes messaged on walls all over town that he wants to kill the Fire Chief.
(c) He writes letter to the mayor saying that Father's fireworks factory will be next.
(d) He spreads a rumor that he is the one the police are looking for.
8. Who does Morgan want to meet?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Sarah Burnhardt.
(c) Evelyn Nesbit.
9. What worries Father after the baseball game?
(a) A pickpocket has taken his wallet.
(b) He thinks he sees Coalhouse in the crowd.
(c) He is afraid they have missed the train.
(d) He thinks he should not have left Mother alone.
10. Where is Sarah funeral held?
(a) In the Bronx.
(b) In Harlem.
(c) In New Rochelle.
(d) In South Carolina.
11. What returns to Father at the sea in Atlantic City?
(a) His color returns to normal.
(b) His hair begins to grow again on top of his head.
(c) His weight begins to drop off.
(d) Father's desire to make love to Mother.
12. Who shows up driving a new Model-T in front of The Boy's house?
(a) Evelyn Nesbit looking for Younger Brother.
(b) Harry Houdini looking for Father.
(c) A Negro man looking for Sarah.
(d) Emma Goldman looking for Mother.
13. Who does Coalhouse plan to kidnap and exchange for Willie Conklin?
(a) Pierpont Morgan.
(b) Henry Ford.
(c) Evelyn Nesbit.
(d) Harry Houdini.
14. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
(a) Pastoral mural wallpaper.
(b) Dollar signs and the Ford logo.
(c) Images of ancient Egypt.
(d) Wallpaper with Ford cars going up and down.
15. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
(a) The fire started when a cook stove blew up.
(b) Two of the victims had been shot; it was a case of murder.
(c) A fireman had thrown a cigarette into a gas can.
(d) The building exploded because of an earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives in a white town car and shoots a policeman and bombs Municipal Fire Station No. 2?
2. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
3. Who does Younger Brother attach himself to in Mexico?
4. Where do Father and The Boy go in spite of the tension surrounding Coalhouse's being at large?
5. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)