|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were most of the mourners at Sarah's funeral?
(a) Musician friends of Coalhouse.
(b) Hired mourners.
(c) Father, Mother, Younger Brother, and The Boy.
(d) New York policemen.
2. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
(a) Modern jazz.
(c) Minstrel show tunes.
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
(a) Everyone boos the pitcher.
(b) The Boy catches it.
(c) It hits Father in the face.
(d) The umpire gets hit in the head.
4. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
(a) Younger Brother.
(c) Emma Goldman.
(d) Willie conklin.
5. What is the description of the man who led the attack on the fire station?
(a) A man who looked a lot like the Fire Chief.
(b) An unidentified Negro male.
(c) A stout man wearing a bandana mask.
(d) A short man with coal dust on his face.
6. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) Sarah losses her memory.
(b) She dies.
(c) She recovers.
(d) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
7. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
(b) To Evelyn's apartment.
(d) To New Rochelle.
8. Who does Coalhouse plan to kidnap and exchange for Willie Conklin?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) Pierpont Morgan.
(c) Henry Ford.
(d) Evelyn Nesbit.
9. Who does Morgan want to meet?
(a) Evelyn Nesbit.
(b) Henry Ford.
(d) Sarah Burnhardt.
10. What does Father observe about the game of baseball as opposed to the way they played at Harvard twenty years before?
(a) It was crude rather than gentlemanly like at Harvard.
(b) At Harvard the team was made up of immigrants.
(c) The rules had changed quite a bit.
(d) The uniforms were more practical now.
11. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is not the father of the girl.
(b) He fears American mothers.
(c) He is from noble German royalty.
(d) He is not a baron at all.
12. How had Father gotten his start in business?
(a) He discovered a buried treasure.
(b) As an orphan, when he reached maturity he inherited a small amount of money.
(c) His rich uncle left the business to him.
(d) He was apprenticed to an Italian fireworks maker.
13. What is Father worried about after the murders?
(a) That someone will try to blow up their house.
(b) That Coalhouse may run to them for refuge.
(c) That they have Coalhouse's baby in their home.
(d) That the community will think they helped Coalhouse commit the crime.
14. How is the funeral described?
(d) Small and intimate.
15. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
(b) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(c) His last birthday party when no one came.
(d) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
2. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
3. How does Morgan dress?
4. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
5. What innovation of Henry Ford's was about to revolutionize American manufacturing?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)