|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(b) His last birthday party when no one came.
(c) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(d) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
2. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
(b) Younger Brother rents them.
(c) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
(d) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
3. In reality, who are the baron and his daughter?
(a) Tateh and The Girl.
(b) A Vaudeville father and daughter act.
(c) A labor organizer and his niece.
(d) Movie actors from Edison's studio.
4. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
(a) Playing with the baby.
(b) Asking Sarah endless questions.
(c) Reading to Sarah.
(d) Drawing pictures for Sarah.
5. What is the description of the man who led the attack on the fire station?
(a) A man who looked a lot like the Fire Chief.
(b) A stout man wearing a bandana mask.
(c) A short man with coal dust on his face.
(d) An unidentified Negro male.
6. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
(c) The Boy.
(d) Younger Brother.
7. What finally really captures Morgan's attention in the world?
(a) Renaissance art and music.
(c) The philosopher's stone.
(d) The Holy Lands.
8. What happens to Sarah as she tries to approach a man she thought was the President?
(a) She is trampled by the crowd.
(b) She is hit in the chest with the butt of a rifle.
(c) Sheis stoned by the crowd.
(d) She is turned away and not allowed to come close.
9. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
(b) She recovers.
(c) Sarah losses her memory.
(d) She dies.
10. What worries Father after the baseball game?
(a) He thinks he sees Coalhouse in the crowd.
(b) He is afraid they have missed the train.
(c) A pickpocket has taken his wallet.
(d) He thinks he should not have left Mother alone.
11. How is the funeral described?
(a) Small and intimate.
12. Where do Younger Brother and Father die?
(a) Younger Brother in Mexico and Father on the Lusitania.
(b) Younger Brother in Bellview and Father in the Hindenberg.
(c) Younger Brother in Texas and Father in his bed.
(d) Younger Brother in a train wreck and Father in the hospital.
13. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
(a) Learning how to tap dance.
(b) Gambling on the horses.
(c) Writing poetry for the newspapers.
(d) Going to Broadway plays and waiting in the alley for the stars.
14. What does Morgan bring back from Europe every year?
(a) Art, rare manuscripts, jades, bronzes, tapestries, and crystal.
(b) Skilled workers to work on his projects.
(c) Boatloads of gold and silver.
(d) Orphans he adopted every year.
15. Who comes to try and talk Coalhouse into surrendering?
(b) Emma Goldman.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Willie Conklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Mother's interest in Atlantic City?
2. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
3. Who were most of the mourners at Sarah's funeral?
4. Where is Sarah funeral held?
5. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)