|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
(d) J. P. Morgan.
2. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
(a) Images of ancient Egypt.
(b) Wallpaper with Ford cars going up and down.
(c) Dollar signs and the Ford logo.
(d) Pastoral mural wallpaper.
3. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
(a) New York City.
(b) Atlantic City.
4. Who does Younger Brother attach himself to in Mexico?
(a) Francisco Villa.
(b) Santa Ana.
(d) Simon Bolivar.
5. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
(a) Buy Coalhouse a new car.
(b) Pay Coalhouse's employer to increase his salary.
(c) Repair the car and bribe the Fire House to return it.
(d) Find Coalhouse a much better job.
6. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
(b) Willie conklin.
(c) Younger Brother.
(d) Emma Goldman.
7. Who comes to try and talk Coalhouse into surrendering?
(a) Emma Goldman.
(c) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Willie Conklin.
8. How is the funeral described?
(d) Small and intimate.
9. What happens at the Emerald Isle Fire Station?
(a) Coalhouse is not allowed to pass and his car is vandalized.
(b) Young brother goes to apply for a job.
(c) Coalhouse and Sarah get married.
(d) Father provides the bunting for a barbecue.
10. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) His last birthday party when no one came.
(b) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(c) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(d) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
11. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
(a) Harry K. Thaw is given a new trial.
(b) Harry K. Thaw is executed.
(c) Harry K. thaw is released.
(d) Harry K. Thaw escapes.
12. What is the result when the newspapers succeed in getting the Model-T raised from the pond?
(a) No one was interested in coming to see it.
(b) The new police chief announced it was the work of communists.
(c) The authorities were embarrassed because it showed the cruelty imposed on Coalhouse.
(d) The photos in the papers made Coalhouse even angrier.
13. Who becomes alarmed when a full military assault on the museum is suggested?
(a) A museum curator.
(b) The District Attorney.
(c) J. P. Morgan.
(d) The Bovernor of New York.
14. Why does he insist on living a grand style in Europe?
(a) To make sure he is on top in business.
(b) To be able to turn down invitations from kings.
(c) To rub his affluence in other people's noses.
(d) For the sake of the image of the country.
15. What finally really captures Morgan's attention in the world?
(a) The philosopher's stone.
(b) The Holy Lands.
(c) Renaissance art and music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
2. Why is it a busy time of the year for Father's business?
3. What innovation of Henry Ford's was about to revolutionize American manufacturing?
4. Who wrote Morgan's favorite story, The Birthmark?
5. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)