|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who cares for the baby while Sarah lay dying in the hospital?
(a) The Boy takes charge of the baby.
(b) Mother holds the baby constantly.
(c) Coalhouse comes and looks after the baby.
(d) Younger Brother moves into Sarah's room and cares for the baby.
2. Who comes to try and talk Coalhouse into surrendering?
(a) Willie Conklin.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(d) Emma Goldman.
3. Where is Sarah funeral held?
(a) In South Carolina.
(b) In Harlem.
(c) In the Bronx.
(d) In New Rochelle.
4. What physical abnormality does Pierpont Morgan have?
(a) Crossed eyes.
(b) Ears that stick straight out.
(c) A profound limp.
(d) A large, disfigured red nose.
5. How does the knowledge of Coalhouse Walker's activities eventually become known?
(a) A black lawyer gets information from one of Coalhouse's gang.
(b) Younger Brother keeps a diary of every day with Coalhouse.
(c) Coalhouse writes everything down to be opened after his death.
(d) One of the gang members drops out and goes to the police.
6. What innovation of Henry Ford's was about to revolutionize American manufacturing?
(a) Better conditions for the factory workers.
(b) Spray painting by machine.
(c) The invention of the diesel truck.
(d) The assembly line production of automobiles.
7. After his mother's death, what does Houdini set out to do?
(a) Find a baby that was born at the exact minute she died.
(b) Sue the doctors who did not keep her alive.
(c) Find a true medium who can communicate with the dead.
(d) Learn all he can about reincarnation.
8. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
(b) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
(c) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
(d) Younger Brother rents them.
9. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
(a) Modern jazz.
(c) Minstrel show tunes.
10. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(a) A new poem.
(b) Buying a Model-T.
(c) Getting married.
11. Who becomes alarmed when a full military assault on the museum is suggested?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) J. P. Morgan.
(c) The Bovernor of New York.
(d) A museum curator.
12. As the procession crosses into Brooklyn, what is seen settling on the rails of the Brooklyn Bridge?
(a) Small children.
13. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) She recovers.
(b) She dies.
(c) Sarah losses her memory.
(d) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
14. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
(a) Drawing pictures for Sarah.
(b) Reading to Sarah.
(c) Playing with the baby.
(d) Asking Sarah endless questions.
15. What is the result when the newspapers succeed in getting the Model-T raised from the pond?
(a) The new police chief announced it was the work of communists.
(b) The photos in the papers made Coalhouse even angrier.
(c) The authorities were embarrassed because it showed the cruelty imposed on Coalhouse.
(d) No one was interested in coming to see it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the New York City papers get the story, what happens with Chief Conklin?
2. What new activity does Younger Brother take up?
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
4. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
5. When a reporter looks up Houdini to get his reaction to the escape, where is he found?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)