|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
(a) Buy Coalhouse a new car.
(b) Find Coalhouse a much better job.
(c) Pay Coalhouse's employer to increase his salary.
(d) Repair the car and bribe the Fire House to return it.
2. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(a) Getting married.
(b) A new poem.
(d) Buying a Model-T.
3. What happens when Red Jack Murray hits a high pop up ball?
(a) Everyone boos the pitcher.
(b) It hits Father in the face.
(c) The Boy catches it.
(d) The umpire gets hit in the head.
4. What physical abnormality does Pierpont Morgan have?
(a) Crossed eyes.
(b) A profound limp.
(c) A large, disfigured red nose.
(d) Ears that stick straight out.
5. What resemblance does Morgan see in Henry Ford?
(a) A resemblance of Sethi I, Pharoah of Egypt.
(b) A resemblance to Napoleon Bonapart.
(c) A resemblance to Thomas Jefferson.
(d) A resemblance to a golden eagle.
6. When a reporter looks up Houdini to get his reaction to the escape, where is he found?
(a) Escaping from a trunk in the East River.
(b) In the theater.
(c) On his way to Europe.
(d) At his mother's grave.
7. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is not a baron at all.
(b) He is from noble German royalty.
(c) He is not the father of the girl.
(d) He fears American mothers.
8. Who does Morgan want to meet?
(a) Henry Ford.
(b) Sarah Burnhardt.
(c) Evelyn Nesbit.
9. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
(a) Harry K. thaw is released.
(b) Harry K. Thaw escapes.
(c) Harry K. Thaw is given a new trial.
(d) Harry K. Thaw is executed.
10. What could The Boy see in the polished rear doors of the Pierce Arrow hearse?
(a) The image of a small black girl.
(b) The reflection of the sky.
(c) The reflection of the entire street.
(d) The large wreath of red roses.
11. What does Father observe about the game of baseball as opposed to the way they played at Harvard twenty years before?
(a) At Harvard the team was made up of immigrants.
(b) It was crude rather than gentlemanly like at Harvard.
(c) The rules had changed quite a bit.
(d) The uniforms were more practical now.
12. Why does Baron Ashkenazy say his daughter is sad and seldom speaks?
(a) She had lost her kitten.
(b) She suffered from migraines.
(c) She was missing Europe.
(d) Her mother had died some years ago.
13. Where do Younger Brother and Father die?
(a) Younger Brother in Bellview and Father in the Hindenberg.
(b) Younger Brother in Texas and Father in his bed.
(c) Younger Brother in a train wreck and Father in the hospital.
(d) Younger Brother in Mexico and Father on the Lusitania.
14. How do Father and Mother sometimes travel down the boardwalk in Atlantic City?
(a) They go on a trolley.
(b) They ride in a horse drawn hansom.
(c) They are pushed in wheeled, wicker chairs.
(d) They go on rollerskates.
15. What returns to Father at the sea in Atlantic City?
(a) His weight begins to drop off.
(b) His color returns to normal.
(c) Father's desire to make love to Mother.
(d) His hair begins to grow again on top of his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves a message that he wants to meet with Coalhouse?
2. Where does Younger Brother go?
3. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
4. What kind of music does Coalhouse play?
5. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)