|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical abnormality does Pierpont Morgan have?
(a) A profound limp.
(b) Ears that stick straight out.
(c) A large, disfigured red nose.
(d) Crossed eyes.
2. Where does Father and the family go to get away from the tension?
(a) Atlantic City.
(d) New York City.
3. What happened to Ben Reitman in San Diego?
(a) He had performed in shakespeare plays.
(b) He had been tarred and feathered.
(c) He had won his first boxing match.
(d) He had been beaten and thrown in the ocean.
4. What could The Boy see in the polished rear doors of the Pierce Arrow hearse?
(a) The image of a small black girl.
(b) The reflection of the sky.
(c) The reflection of the entire street.
(d) The large wreath of red roses.
5. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) His last birthday party when no one came.
(b) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
(c) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(d) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
6. What had actually exploded that night?
(a) A small canon.
(b) A homemade bomb.
(c) The boiler of the overturned fire wagon.
(d) fireworks at Father's plant.
7. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Fashionably for his day.
(b) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(c) Simply, like a laborer.
(d) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
8. When the Negro man goes to the back door and asks for Sarah, what happens?
(a) The Boy asks if he can ride in his car.
(b) Mother tells him to go away and never return.
(c) Mother invites him in for tea.
(d) Mother goes upstairs but Sarah refuses to come down.
9. Why is it a busy time of the year for Father's business?
(a) It is the start of football season.
(b) It is nearing the Fourth of July.
(c) It is nearly Valentine's Day.
(d) It is close to New Year's Eve.
10. As the procession crosses into Brooklyn, what is seen settling on the rails of the Brooklyn Bridge?
(d) Small children.
11. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
(b) Younger Brother.
(c) Willie conklin.
(d) Emma Goldman.
12. What does Father observe about the game of baseball as opposed to the way they played at Harvard twenty years before?
(a) At Harvard the team was made up of immigrants.
(b) The uniforms were more practical now.
(c) The rules had changed quite a bit.
(d) It was crude rather than gentlemanly like at Harvard.
13. Why do the police pay little attention to burglaries at Father's fireworks factory?
(a) They are too concentrated on locating Coalhouse.
(b) The sargeant who takes the report forgets to file it.
(c) They think the items were simplymisplaced.
(d) There is no sign of breaking and entering.
14. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) Sarah losses her memory.
(b) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
(c) She recovers.
(d) She dies.
15. What newsworthy event happens at Matteawan State Prison Farm in the spring?
(a) Harry K. Thaw escapes.
(b) Harry K. Thaw is given a new trial.
(c) Harry K. thaw is released.
(d) Harry K. Thaw is executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became the decorating theme of that day after Morgan talked to Henry Ford?
2. What happens to Sarah as she tries to approach a man she thought was the President?
3. What is Father worried about after the murders?
4. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
5. Where does Younger Brother go?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)