|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical abnormality does Pierpont Morgan have?
(a) A large, disfigured red nose.
(b) Ears that stick straight out.
(c) Crossed eyes.
(d) A profound limp.
2. When the Negro man goes to the back door and asks for Sarah, what happens?
(a) Mother goes upstairs but Sarah refuses to come down.
(b) Mother tells him to go away and never return.
(c) Mother invites him in for tea.
(d) The Boy asks if he can ride in his car.
3. Why is Houdini's mothers grave covered with a mound of small stones?
(a) It is a Jewish custome to leave a samll stone at every visit to a gravesite.
(b) They are there to discourage grave robbers.
(c) Each stone has a message written on it.
(d) It is a new cenetary and no grass has been planted yert.
4. What resemblance does Morgan see in Henry Ford?
(a) A resemblance to a golden eagle.
(b) A resemblance to Napoleon Bonapart.
(c) A resemblance to Thomas Jefferson.
(d) A resemblance of Sethi I, Pharoah of Egypt.
5. What is the result when the newspapers succeed in getting the Model-T raised from the pond?
(a) The authorities were embarrassed because it showed the cruelty imposed on Coalhouse.
(b) The photos in the papers made Coalhouse even angrier.
(c) The new police chief announced it was the work of communists.
(d) No one was interested in coming to see it.
6. Where does Harry K. Thaw go after his escape?
(a) To Evelyn's apartment.
(c) To New Rochelle.
7. At that time, who was at the top of the business pyramid in the USA?
(c) J. P. Morgan.
8. How is the funeral described?
(c) Small and intimate.
9. What does Mother notice about the change in Sarah's face?
(a) She is awed by her beauty.
(b) She pities her because she is so plain.
(c) She thinks Sarah's face was getting darker.
(d) She notices Sarah has broken out in a rash.
10. What does Younger Brother tell Emilio Zapata?
(a) That he is an expert sniper.
(b) That he can make bombs and repair rifles.
(c) That he can get recruits from New York.
(d) That he knows President Taft.
11. As the procession crosses into Brooklyn, what is seen settling on the rails of the Brooklyn Bridge?
(c) Small children.
12. What happens to Sarah as she tries to approach a man she thought was the President?
(a) She is turned away and not allowed to come close.
(b) She is trampled by the crowd.
(c) She is hit in the chest with the butt of a rifle.
(d) Sheis stoned by the crowd.
13. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
(a) Buy Coalhouse a new car.
(b) Pay Coalhouse's employer to increase his salary.
(c) Find Coalhouse a much better job.
(d) Repair the car and bribe the Fire House to return it.
14. What happens to Sarah in the hospital?
(a) Coalhouse breaks their engagement.
(b) She dies.
(c) Sarah losses her memory.
(d) She recovers.
15. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
(a) A boiler blew up in the theater.
(b) An explosion at the Emerald Isle Fire House.
(c) A head-on train wreck.
(d) A German bomb attack on New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Father go to the police?
2. Who were most of the mourners at Sarah's funeral?
3. Why do the police pay little attention to burglaries at Father's fireworks factory?
4. Why does Baron Ashkenazy say his daughter is sad and seldom speaks?
5. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)