|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ages of Coalhouse's followers?
(a) From sixteen to seventy-two.
(b) Men as old as sixty-five.
(c) Eighteen to twenties.
(d) Near Coalhouse's age.
2. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
(a) The museum had more room.
(b) The boys could not find Morgan's house.
(c) The Morgan house was heavily guarded.
(d) The boys scouted out the wrong building.
3. What could The Boy see in the polished rear doors of the Pierce Arrow hearse?
(a) The reflection of the sky.
(b) The reflection of the entire street.
(c) The image of a small black girl.
(d) The large wreath of red roses.
4. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Fashionably for his day.
(b) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(c) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
(d) Simply, like a laborer.
5. What lecture does Emma Goldman give Younger Brother?
(a) That he should forget Evelyn and get on with his life.
(b) That he should organize the union in Father's business.
(c) That he should travel to the West Coast.
(d) That he should learn another trade and make some real money.
6. What does Younger Brother tell Emilio Zapata?
(a) That he knows President Taft.
(b) That he can make bombs and repair rifles.
(c) That he is an expert sniper.
(d) That he can get recruits from New York.
7. How does the knowledge of Coalhouse Walker's activities eventually become known?
(a) A black lawyer gets information from one of Coalhouse's gang.
(b) One of the gang members drops out and goes to the police.
(c) Younger Brother keeps a diary of every day with Coalhouse.
(d) Coalhouse writes everything down to be opened after his death.
8. When the Negro man goes to the back door and asks for Sarah, what happens?
(a) Mother invites him in for tea.
(b) Mother tells him to go away and never return.
(c) The Boy asks if he can ride in his car.
(d) Mother goes upstairs but Sarah refuses to come down.
9. What is the truth about Baron Ashkenazy?
(a) He is from noble German royalty.
(b) He is not the father of the girl.
(c) He is not a baron at all.
(d) He fears American mothers.
10. Where do the cars come from that are used in the attacks?
(a) Emma Goldman arranges for them.
(b) Younger Brother rents them.
(c) Communists loan them to Coalhouse.
(d) The boys steal them and return them undamaged.
11. Why does Baron Ashkenazy say his daughter is sad and seldom speaks?
(a) Her mother had died some years ago.
(b) She suffered from migraines.
(c) She was missing Europe.
(d) She had lost her kitten.
12. Why do the police pay little attention to burglaries at Father's fireworks factory?
(a) They think the items were simplymisplaced.
(b) The sargeant who takes the report forgets to file it.
(c) They are too concentrated on locating Coalhouse.
(d) There is no sign of breaking and entering.
13. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
(c) Younger Brother.
(d) The Boy.
14. Who is arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
(a) Emma Goldman.
(b) Younger Brother.
15. What had Morgan once done for the U.S. government?
(a) Served as Secretary of the Treasury.
(b) Subsidized the military.
(c) Arranged a loan that kept it out of bankruptcy.
(d) Imported gold for the national treasury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coalhouse Walker, Jr., do to identify himself.
2. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
3. Why does Coalhouse accept Younger Brother's help?
4. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
5. Where is Sarah funeral held?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)