|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is arrested after Coalhouse takes over the museum?
(a) Younger Brother.
(b) Emma Goldman.
2. In reality, who are the baron and his daughter?
(a) A Vaudeville father and daughter act.
(b) Movie actors from Edison's studio.
(c) A labor organizer and his niece.
(d) Tateh and The Girl.
3. What returns to Father at the sea in Atlantic City?
(a) Father's desire to make love to Mother.
(b) His hair begins to grow again on top of his head.
(c) His weight begins to drop off.
(d) His color returns to normal.
4. What are the ages of Coalhouse's followers?
(a) Eighteen to twenties.
(b) Near Coalhouse's age.
(c) From sixteen to seventy-two.
(d) Men as old as sixty-five.
5. Why do Coalhouse and his boys end up in the marble museum?
(a) The boys could not find Morgan's house.
(b) The Morgan house was heavily guarded.
(c) The museum had more room.
(d) The boys scouted out the wrong building.
6. Who does Morgan want to meet?
(a) Evelyn Nesbit.
(b) Henry Ford.
(c) Sarah Burnhardt.
7. What innovation of Henry Ford's was about to revolutionize American manufacturing?
(a) The invention of the diesel truck.
(b) The assembly line production of automobiles.
(c) Better conditions for the factory workers.
(d) Spray painting by machine.
8. What does Sarah decide to do to help Coalhouse?
(a) Petition the United States Government.
(b) Picket the Emerald Isle fire station.
(c) Contact Emma Goldman.
(d) Start a petition.
9. Who gets the rebuilt Model-T?
(a) Emma Goldman.
(c) Younger Brother.
(d) Willie conklin.
10. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
(a) Pay Coalhouse's employer to increase his salary.
(b) Buy Coalhouse a new car.
(c) Find Coalhouse a much better job.
(d) Repair the car and bribe the Fire House to return it.
11. What does Father observe about the game of baseball as opposed to the way they played at Harvard twenty years before?
(a) At Harvard the team was made up of immigrants.
(b) The uniforms were more practical now.
(c) It was crude rather than gentlemanly like at Harvard.
(d) The rules had changed quite a bit.
12. Why does Baron Ashkenazy say his daughter is sad and seldom speaks?
(a) Her mother had died some years ago.
(b) She suffered from migraines.
(c) She had lost her kitten.
(d) She was missing Europe.
13. What does Younger Brother tell Emilio Zapata?
(a) That he can make bombs and repair rifles.
(b) That he knows President Taft.
(c) That he is an expert sniper.
(d) That he can get recruits from New York.
14. Who wrote Morgan's favorite story, The Birthmark?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Washington Irving.
(c) Nathaniel Hawthorne.
(d) Theodore Dreiser.
15. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(a) Buying a Model-T.
(b) Getting married.
(d) A new poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the procession crosses into Brooklyn, what is seen settling on the rails of the Brooklyn Bridge?
2. How had Father gotten his start in business?
3. Where does Younger Brother go?
4. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
5. After his mother's death, what does Houdini set out to do?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)