|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was a main reason for men losing their jobs about the turn of the century?
(a) Companies going bankrupt.
(b) New immagrants working for less money.
(c) Catching tuberculosis.
(d) Attempting to form unions.
2. The winter The Boy was skating on the pond, where were Tateh and The Girl?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) New Haven, Connecticutt.
(d) Lawrence, Massachusetts.
3. Where is Sarah funeral held?
(a) In the Bronx.
(b) In New Rochelle.
(c) In South Carolina.
(d) In Harlem.
4. Where are the immigrants ushered as they enter New York Harbor?
(a) Manhattan Island.
(b) Long Island.
(c) Ellis Island.
(d) Staten Island.
5. Most people think that it was the work of a group of armed men, but what does the newspaper suggest?
(a) It was the Fire Chief.
(b) It was someone who mistook the station for a bank.
(c) It was an inside job.
(d) It was the work of one crazed killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
2. With whom is Father planning to travel to the North Pole?
3. What stories does Grandfather tell The Boy?
4. What could The Boy see in the polished rear doors of the Pierce Arrow hearse?
5. What does the author show between the characters of Evelyn and Tateh?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)