|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 29, 30 and 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the milk train going back to New Rochelle, what does Younger Brother contemplate?
(b) Buying a Model-T.
(c) A new poem.
(d) Getting married.
2. What happens when the American Woolen Company gives out envelopes with short pay?
(a) The welfare office is overrun.
(b) The worker all leave to head West.
(c) Tateh contemplates suicide.
(d) The workers go on strike.
3. What famous person is in the auto accident in front of Father's house?
(a) Evelyn Nesbit.
(b) J. P. Morgan.
(c) Will Bill Cody.
(d) Harry Houdini.
4. What happens one night that shakes the theater where Houdini had just performed?
(a) A German bomb attack on New York.
(b) An explosion at the Emerald Isle Fire House.
(c) A boiler blew up in the theater.
(d) A head-on train wreck.
5. How has The Boy changed?
(a) He is like a stranger to Father.
(b) He has begun to copy Mother's Younger Brother.
(c) He is taller and has lost some of his fat.
(d) He has lost his interest in science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah decide to do to help Coalhouse?
2. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
3. What does Tateh have that finally makes them money?
4. How does Tateh entertain The Girl at home?
5. On board the Roosevelt, how does Admiral Perry live?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)