|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father see in his bathroom mirror after he returns?
(a) How much stronger he looked.
(b) How much young her looked.
(c) The gaunt, bearded face of a homeless man.
(d) How fat he had become eating Esquimo food.
2. What is Matthew Henson's special knowledge that make him invaluable to Perry?
(a) He is an expert chef.
(b) He has an uncanny sense of direction.
(c) He can perform surgery.
(d) He is good at repairing dog sleds.
3. What is Little Boy wishing for?
(a) A new bicycle.
(b) A new car for his family.
(c) To go with Father to the North Pole.
(d) An exciting life like Harry Houdini's.
4. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Remanded to the Manhattan Hospital for the Criminally Insane.
(c) Seven years in prison.
(d) The electric chair.
5. What does The Boy see on the ice?
(a) Old people skating slowly.
(b) Fishing holes cut into the ice.
(c) Dogs chasing children on the ice.
(d) Tracks of skate blades that soon are erased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens with Tateh and his little girl after they left the Goldman lecture?
2. What does Father think about when he sees the new immigrants?
3. What famous person is in the auto accident in front of Father's house?
4. What happens when the Young Man hides in Goldman's closet?
5. What is Father's great guilt?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)