|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14 and 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Houdini meet at a private function thrown by Mr. Stuyvesant Fish?
(a) Tavinia Warren Thumb.
(b) Theodore Dreiser.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) P. T. Barnum.
2. What does Mother insist on doing with the baby and its mother?
(a) Taking them to a shelter.
(b) Sending them to the county jail.
(c) Keeping them at her house.
(d) Keeping the baby and filing charges against the mother.
3. When Freud visited New York and saw the early motion pictures, what was his thought?
(a) They hurt my eyes.
(b) At least they are silent.
(c) Americans have too much leisure time.
(d) These could be used on my patients.
4. What does The Boy see on the ice?
(a) Fishing holes cut into the ice.
(b) Dogs chasing children on the ice.
(c) Tracks of skate blades that soon are erased.
(d) Old people skating slowly.
5. What is worrying Mother back in New Rochelle?
(a) Father is still gone and she hasn't heard from Younger Brother in days.
(b) Little Boy is refusing to go to school.
(c) She is out of the money that Father left her.
(d) The roof is leading and there is no one to call a repairman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has The Boy changed?
2. What has Mother accomplished during Father's absence?
3. What does The Boy think happens to people, animals, or objects in a motion picture?
4. At the jail called The Tombs, what do the guards invent?
5. What do Mameh, Tateh, and the Little Girl do to make a living?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)