|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the immigrants ushered as they enter New York Harbor?
(a) Long Island.
(b) Staten Island.
(c) Manhattan Island.
(d) Ellis Island.
2. What does Evelyn do with most of her money?
(a) Hides it under her mattress.
(b) Donates it anonymously to socialist causes.
(c) Buys all new clothes.
(d) Gives it to Tateh and the Girl.
3. From where does the North Pole expedition set off?
(a) New York Harbor.
(b) Lake Erie.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) Bangor, Maine.
4. Who will be speaking at the meeting Evelyn goes to with Tateh and the girl?
(a) Teddy Roosevelt.
(b) Harry Houdini.
(c) Clara Barton.
(d) Emma Goldman.
5. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
(a) To a detective to look for them.
(b) To the police to file a missing person's report.
(c) To their 2-room flat over a public bath.
(d) Back to her house to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hebrew letters on storefronts look like to Evelyn?
2. Why does Evelyn call the old man Tateh?
3. Why is Houdini brooding while walking the streets of New York?
4. When Freud visited New York and saw the early motion pictures, what was his thought?
5. What do most of the 1mmigrants find as they settle in New York?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)