|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens with Tateh and his little girl after they left the Goldman lecture?
(a) Tateh decides they must leave the city where he had such bad luck.
(b) Tateh puts new locks on their door.
(c) They move into another tenement.
(d) They find a ship and return to Europe.
2. What does Father present to commander Perry before he heads out to the North Pole?
(a) A pair of fur lined boots.
(b) A new American flag made in Father's factory.
(c) A new music roll for his player piano.
(d) A leather bound Bible.
3. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
(a) Back to her house to cry.
(b) To their 2-room flat over a public bath.
(c) To a detective to look for them.
(d) To the police to file a missing person's report.
4. What does Father think about when he sees the new immigrants?
(a) That there are too many immigrants coming into the USA.
(b) That there will be more crime in New York.
(c) That there will be new competition for his business.
(d) That they all buy American flags.
5. What is a theme established in the first two chapters?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it possible for them to travel cheaply?
2. What is the newspaperman, Jacob Riis, writing about at this time?
3. Who is on the mind of Mother's Younger Brother?
4. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
5. Why is the girl tied by a rope to the old man's wrists?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)