|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plea does Shaw's mother want him to make in court but he flatly refuses?
(a) Self defense.
(d) No lo contendre.
2. What was a popular type of entertainment show in those days?
(a) Sing alongs.
(b) Classic concerts.
(c) Color motion pictures.
(d) Minstrels in black face.
3. What does Doctorow suggest Sigmund Freud's revenge on America was?
(a) Sending his European students to America.
(b) Turning Carl Jung loose on America.
(c) Destroying sex in America forever.
(d) Having so many psychiatrists in America.
4. Who took up the dare to escape from The Tombs?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) John Dillinger.
(c) Jesse James.
(d) P. T. Barnum.
5. What do the Hebrew letters on storefronts look like to Evelyn?
(a) Tally marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father manufacture?
2. How is it possible for them to travel cheaply?
3. Why does Evelyn call the old man Tateh?
4. What does Father think about when he sees the new immigrants?
5. What does Father notice as the expedition sails out of the harbor?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)