|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doctorow suggest Sigmund Freud's revenge on America was?
(a) Sending his European students to America.
(b) Destroying sex in America forever.
(c) Having so many psychiatrists in America.
(d) Turning Carl Jung loose on America.
2. What was the physical condition of the rich prior to William Howard Taft becoming President?
(a) Sickly and pale.
(b) Wafer thin.
(c) Healthy and muscular.
(d) Generally obese.
3. What does Evelyn do with most of her money?
(a) Hides it under her mattress.
(b) Donates it anonymously to socialist causes.
(c) Buys all new clothes.
(d) Gives it to Tateh and the Girl.
4. Why is Houdini brooding while walking the streets of New York?
(a) He is thinking about the possibility of his death.
(b) It is real world adventures that people remember and not his magic tricks.
(c) He cannot come up with any new tricks because he has done them all.
(d) He wants to become a pilot but no one will teach him.
5. What is a theme established in the first two chapters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Perry able to locate the exact spot of the North Pole?
2. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
3. What does Father manufacture?
4. What do Mameh, Tateh, and the Little Girl do to make a living?
5. which immigrants are sent back home?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)