|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On board the Roosevelt, how does Admiral Perry live?
(a) He is the most comfortable with a player piano in his cabin.
(b) He lives as ruggedly as the Esquimos.
(c) He shares a cabin with Father and Matthew Henson.
(d) He takes an Esquimo woman for a bed warmer.
2. Why are Tateh and the girl at home that day?
(a) Evelyn's husband has put out a contract on Tateh.
(b) The girl is sick.
(c) Tateh is out of supplies and has no money to buy more.
(d) They are hiding from Evelyn.
3. Who becomes Evelyn's lover?
(a) Younger Brother.
4. What do the Hebrew letters on storefronts look like to Evelyn?
(c) Tally marks.
5. What does Mother find buried in her garden?
(a) A newborn baby.
(b) Younger Brother's love letters.
(c) A litter of kittens.
(d) A treasure chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What began to be heard in the ghettos?
2. What happens with Tateh and his little girl after they left the Goldman lecture?
3. What is Matthew Henson's special knowledge that make him invaluable to Perry?
4. What does Father present to commander Perry before he heads out to the North Pole?
5. Who was in the opposite cell of The Tombs as the great escape artist worked his feat?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)