|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father notice as the expedition sails out of the harbor?
(a) A rag ship arraving with new immigrants.
(b) How the temperature is already dropping.
(c) The U.S. Navy escort ship.
(d) A fireworks display in thier honor.
2. What does Mameh finally do to make extra money?
(a) Work as a roommaid in a hotel.
(b) Submit to the advances of her employer.
(c) Shoplift from small stores.
(d) Dance in a burlesque house.
3. Is Perry able to locate the exact spot of the North Pole?
(a) Yes, because the house of Santa Claus is there.
(b) No, but there is no doubt he was there.
(c) No, because the compass does not function there.
(d) Yes, because of the red and white pole standing there.
4. What was the physical condition of the rich prior to William Howard Taft becoming President?
(a) Healthy and muscular.
(b) Wafer thin.
(c) Generally obese.
(d) Sickly and pale.
5. What do the Hebrew letters on storefronts look like to Evelyn?
(c) Tally marks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother insist on doing with the baby and its mother?
2. What does Evelyn receive in her divorce settlement?
3. With whom is Father planning to travel to the North Pole?
4. From where does the North Pole expedition set off?
5. What does Riis call his colored map of Manhattan?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)