|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 32, 33 and 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the knowledge of Coalhouse Walker's activities eventually become known?
(a) A black lawyer gets information from one of Coalhouse's gang.
(b) Younger Brother keeps a diary of every day with Coalhouse.
(c) One of the gang members drops out and goes to the police.
(d) Coalhouse writes everything down to be opened after his death.
2. What has The Boy taken to doing now that Sarah is communicative?
(a) Reading to Sarah.
(b) Playing with the baby.
(c) Asking Sarah endless questions.
(d) Drawing pictures for Sarah.
3. What do the police discover as they go through the wreckage of the demolished building?
(a) Two of the victims had been shot; it was a case of murder.
(b) The fire started when a cook stove blew up.
(c) The building exploded because of an earthquake.
(d) A fireman had thrown a cigarette into a gas can.
4. What does Coalhouse Walker, Jr., do to identify himself.
(a) He writes letter to the mayor saying that Father's fireworks factory will be next.
(b) He spreads a rumor that he is the one the police are looking for.
(c) He leaves letters at newspapers that he wants the Fire Chief turned over to him and his car returned in new condition.
(d) He writes messaged on walls all over town that he wants to kill the Fire Chief.
5. Why does The Girl like the strike?
(a) She gets to meet many people.
(b) She gets to wear her new coat.
(c) She likes the snow.
(d) It gets her out of the one room apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry K. Shaw receive special privileges in jail?
2. Who becomes Evelyn's lover?
3. What is worrying Mother back in New Rochelle?
4. How had Father gotten his start in business?
5. What worries Tateh as he observes The Girl?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)