|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 32, 33 and 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father observe about the game of baseball as opposed to the way they played at Harvard twenty years before?
(a) At Harvard the team was made up of immigrants.
(b) The uniforms were more practical now.
(c) The rules had changed quite a bit.
(d) It was crude rather than gentlemanly like at Harvard.
2. What does Coalhouse Walker, Jr., do to identify himself.
(a) He writes letter to the mayor saying that Father's fireworks factory will be next.
(b) He writes messaged on walls all over town that he wants to kill the Fire Chief.
(c) He spreads a rumor that he is the one the police are looking for.
(d) He leaves letters at newspapers that he wants the Fire Chief turned over to him and his car returned in new condition.
3. What is the newspaperman, Jacob Riis, writing about at this time?
(a) Stopping the flow of emigrants into the country.
(b) The music in Harlem.
(c) The trial of the century.
(d) Better housing for the poor.
4. What was the physical condition of the rich prior to William Howard Taft becoming President?
(a) Sickly and pale.
(b) Wafer thin.
(c) Generally obese.
(d) Healthy and muscular.
5. Who took up the dare to escape from The Tombs?
(a) John Dillinger.
(b) Harry Houdini.
(c) Jesse James.
(d) P. T. Barnum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Evelyn Nesbit doing before her husband's trial?
2. What does the author show between the characters of Evelyn and Tateh?
3. After a second trial, what sentence does Harry K. Shaw receive?
4. Who in the family understands and admires Coalhouse?
5. With whom is Father planning to travel to the North Pole?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)