|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 32, 33 and 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in a white town car and shoots a policeman and bombs Municipal Fire Station No. 2?
(a) Coalhouse and some Italians.
(b) Masked men as undercover policemen.
(c) Several black men holding shotguns.
(d) Coalhouse and Younger Brother.
2. What is Father's great guilt?
(a) That he had not thought of his family while he was gone.
(b) That he had slept with an Esquimo woman.
(c) That he had lost his interest in business.
(d) That he had killed an auk.
3. Where does Evelyn go when she doesn't find Tateh and the girl one day?
(a) To their 2-room flat over a public bath.
(b) To the police to file a missing person's report.
(c) Back to her house to cry.
(d) To a detective to look for them.
4. Why are Tateh and the girl at home that day?
(a) Evelyn's husband has put out a contract on Tateh.
(b) The girl is sick.
(c) Tateh is out of supplies and has no money to buy more.
(d) They are hiding from Evelyn.
5. What was a main reason for men losing their jobs about the turn of the century?
(a) Attempting to form unions.
(b) Companies going bankrupt.
(c) New immagrants working for less money.
(d) Catching tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father propose to do for Coalhouse?
2. What does Perry do after the flag is set up?
3. Where do Father and The Boy go in spite of the tension surrounding Coalhouse's being at large?
4. What was a popular type of entertainment show in those days?
5. What causes the Little Girl to stop working?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)