|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Perry do after the flag is set up?
(a) He dances a jig.
(b) He rolls in the snow.
(c) He takes photos.
(d) He has sex with an Esquimo woman.
2. What famous person is in the auto accident in front of Father's house?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) Will Bill Cody.
(c) Evelyn Nesbit.
(d) J. P. Morgan.
3. What is a theme established in the first two chapters?
4. What does the author show between the characters of Evelyn and Tateh?
(a) That women have a harder time than men.
(b) That everyone has a great opportunity in New York.
(c) The vast cultural difference between classes at that time.
(d) That men have more talent than women.
5. What does Father present to commander Perry before he heads out to the North Pole?
(a) A new music roll for his player piano.
(b) A leather bound Bible.
(c) A new American flag made in Father's factory.
(d) A pair of fur lined boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Hebrew letters on storefronts look like to Evelyn?
2. What causes the Little Girl to stop working?
3. Seeing the man who has been following her, what does Evelyn think?
4. Where are the immigrants ushered as they enter New York Harbor?
5. What is Little Boy wishing for?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)