|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Young Man hides in Goldman's closet?
(a) He faints when he sees Evelyn in the nude.
(b) He sees Evelyn naked and loses control.
(c) He gets caught when Goldman hangs up her coat.
(d) He covers his eyes when Godlman gives Evelyn a massage.
2. Seeing the man who has been following her, what does Evelyn think?
(a) That he's a policeman assigned to protect her.
(b) That he is a fan who wants her autograph.
(c) That he's a detective hired by her mother-in-law to follow her.
(d) That he is a deranged man stalking her.
3. Who did Houdini meet at a private function thrown by Mr. Stuyvesant Fish?
(a) P. T. Barnum.
(b) Theodore Dreiser.
(c) Al Jolson.
(d) Tavinia Warren Thumb.
4. What is a theme established in the first two chapters?
5. What does Evelyn hope for in her husband's trial?
(a) That he will commit suicide.
(b) That she won't have to testify.
(c) That he will be found guilty and locked up for life.
(d) That her testimony will free him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a main reason for men losing their jobs about the turn of the century?
2. Who took up the dare to escape from The Tombs?
3. What is Evelyn Nesbit doing before her husband's trial?
4. With whom is Father planning to travel to the North Pole?
5. When Freud visited New York and saw the early motion pictures, what was his thought?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)