|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is a great disappointment to Morgan?
(a) The opening of his 1,000th bank.
(b) His last birthday party when no one came.
(c) A dinner party of a dozen of the most powerful men in America.
(d) The Harry Houdini show in New York.
2. What was the physical condition of the rich prior to William Howard Taft becoming President?
(a) Generally obese.
(b) Wafer thin.
(c) Healthy and muscular.
(d) Sickly and pale.
3. Seeing the man who has been following her, what does Evelyn think?
(a) That he's a detective hired by her mother-in-law to follow her.
(b) That he's a policeman assigned to protect her.
(c) That he is a deranged man stalking her.
(d) That he is a fan who wants her autograph.
4. How does Morgan dress?
(a) Expensive clothes slightly out of fashion.
(b) Extravagantly, like a prince.
(c) Fashionably for his day.
(d) Simply, like a laborer.
5. Why does Harry K. Shaw receive special privileges in jail?
(a) Because he is a close friend of the mayor.
(b) Because he is the governor of New York.
(c) Because his father bribes the jailers.
(d) Because of his and Everlyn's celebrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the trial, how does Evelyn depict herself at age fifteen?
2. What happens with Tateh and his little girl after they left the Goldman lecture?
3. What resemblance does Morgan see in Henry Ford?
4. Why does Evelyn call the old man Tateh?
5. Who wrote Morgan's favorite story, The Birthmark?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)