Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Mark faints in front of _______________.
4. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Ragged Dick and Mark the Match Boy. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Explain Alger's use of humor in the book. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Greed is another important theme of Ragged Dick and Mark the Match Boy. Greed in this novel is depicted in relation to money, possessions, and social status. Who is greedy in Ragged Dick and Mark the Match Boy? Who exhibits kindliness and generosity of spirit? Who desires what and how are these desires manifested? Do they change over time? Describe.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)