|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Mark faints in front of _______________.
4. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character that Mark grows to like. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in Ragged Dick and Mark the Match Boy. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the book and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Mark and Dick are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Mark had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Dick had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)