|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frank and Dick see many clothing stores in Chapter 5?
2. Who has the young man that Dick and Frank meet been victimized by in Chapter 10?
3. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
4. What is Dick offered in Chapter 27?
5. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys work together as a team to improve their lives by the end of Chapter 20?
2. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
3. How does Dick reveal his honesty to Mr. Greyson in Chapter 15?
4. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
5. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
6. Describe the incident on the horse car with Frank and Dick in Chapter 9.
7. Describe Dick's early history.
8. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
9. Compare Frank and Dick.
10. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dick. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character that Mark grows to like. How does their relationship evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Mark and Dick are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist, and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Mark had a direct influence upon? What are some events that Dick had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)