|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A cook.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A bartender.
4. Whom does Mark tell about his good fortune in Chapter 10?
5. Without Mark's knowledge, what does Roswell do with the key?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Hides it in Mark's bedroom.
(c) Throws it away in the trash.
(d) Slips it into Mark's pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
2. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
4. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
5. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
2. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
3. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
4. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
5. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
6. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
7. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
8. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
9. How does Ralph propose that Roswell increase his earnings in Chapter 18?
10. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)