|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Sunday school class.
(b) Morning tower.
(c) Children's orphanage.
(d) Warden retreat.
2. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
(a) Roswell Cooper.
(b) Mickey Maguire.
(c) Mrs. Crawford.
(d) Ida Tarbell.
3. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
4. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
5. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
(a) Astor House.
(b) Norfolk Inn.
(c) Cliff House.
(d) Main Street Grill.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finishing work, where do Ben and Mark go to sleep in Chapter 12 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
3. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
5. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
2. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
4. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
5. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
6. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
7. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
8. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
9. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
10. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)