|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
2. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A hat.
(c) A shirt.
3. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
4. Who refuses to feed the boy since he did not bring home enough money in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Greyson.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Flanagan.
(d) Mother Watson.
5. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hiram Bates give Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. What does the person who protects the boys demand in Chapter 11 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
4. Where does the street boy suggest for Mark to beg in Chapter 6?
5. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick try to help Henry in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
3. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
4. What makes Mark uncomfortable around Roswell in Chapter 16?
5. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
6. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
7. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
8. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
9. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
10. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)