|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
2. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
3. Where does Roswell go with his friend in Chapter 18?
(a) The store.
(b) The police.
(c) The theater.
(d) The bank.
4. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(b) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
(c) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
(d) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
5. What does Bates offer to do for Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Do his homework.
(b) Settle his debts.
(c) Call his lawyer.
(d) Handle investments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
2. Who is assigned to teach Mr. Greyson's class in Chapter 19?
3. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
4. Whom does Mark tell about his good fortune in Chapter 10?
5. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
2. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
3. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
4. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
5. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
6. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
7. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
8. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
9. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
10. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)