|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark faints in front of _______________.
(a) Greyson and McIntyre.
(b) Mark and Henderson.
(c) Roswell and Cooper.
(d) Cliff and Hunter.
2. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
(a) Mother and uncle.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Lover and friend.
(d) Wife and child.
3. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
4. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mother Watson.
(b) Mrs. Greyson.
(c) Mr. Roswell.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
5. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire.
(b) Mrs. Crawford.
(c) Ida Tarbell.
(d) Roswell Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
2. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
3. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
4. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
5. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
2. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
3. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
4. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
5. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
6. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
7. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
8. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
9. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
10. How does Ralph propose that Roswell increase his earnings in Chapter 18?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)