|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who revives Mark?
2. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Pocket it.
(c) Count it.
(d) Return it.
3. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
4. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
5. What does the person who protects the boys demand in Chapter 11 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) Mrs. Crawford resign.
(b) Mr. Hunter accompany him.
(c) Mrs. Watson leave them alone.
(d) Mr. Greyson quit teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
2. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
4. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
5. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
3. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
4. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
5. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
6. How does Ralph propose that Roswell increase his earnings in Chapter 18?
7. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
8. What makes Mark uncomfortable around Roswell in Chapter 16?
9. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
10. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)