|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
2. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
(a) Henry's father.
3. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
(b) Boarding house.
4. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
2. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
3. What does Bates offer to do for Henry in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
5. Who is assigned to teach Mr. Greyson's class in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
2. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
4. How does Dick try to help Henry in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
5. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
6. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
7. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
8. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
9. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
10. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)