|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
(b) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
(c) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(d) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
2. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
(a) Eight dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
3. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
4. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Count it.
(b) Pocket it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Return it.
5. When Roswell has his first opportunity to use the key, who arrives in the store and prevents him from taking the money?
(a) Mr. Rogue's brother.
(b) Mr. Greyson's daughter.
(c) Ms. Ida's father.
(d) Mr. Baker's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
4. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
5. Who is jealous of Richard Hunter for his job in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the working habits of Mark and Roswell from the eyes of Mr. Baker.
2. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
3. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
4. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
5. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
6. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
7. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
8. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
9. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
10. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)