|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Reply to Mrs. Crawford.
(b) Live with Mrs. Watson.
(c) Hire Mr. Hunter.
(d) Work with Roswell.
2. Who revives Mark?
3. Where does Roswell go with his friend in Chapter 18?
(a) The store.
(b) The theater.
(c) The bank.
(d) The police.
4. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
5. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A cook.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dick work in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
3. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
4. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
5. After finishing work, where do Ben and Mark go to sleep in Chapter 12 of Mark the Match Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ralph propose that Roswell increase his earnings in Chapter 18?
2. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
4. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
5. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
6. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
7. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
8. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
9. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
10. How does Dick try to help Henry in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)