|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
(a) Main Street Grill.
(b) Cliff House.
(c) Norfolk Inn.
(d) Astor House.
2. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Count it.
(b) Return it.
(c) Pocket it.
(d) Hide it.
3. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Morning tower.
(c) Fulton Market.
(d) Warden retreat.
4. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 40 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 25 dollars.
(d) 40 dollars.
5. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
2. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
3. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
4. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
5. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
2. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
3. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
4. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
5. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
6. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
7. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
8. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
9. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
10. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)