|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(d) New York.
2. How much money does Mark save in Chapter 13 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 25 dollars.
3. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His attorney.
(b) His grandson.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
2. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
3. Who feeds the boy in Chapter 5?
4. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
5. Who revives Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
2. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
3. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
4. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
5. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
6. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
7. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
8. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
9. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
10. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)