|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $2000 debt.
(b) $1,000 debt.
(c) $10,000 debt.
(d) $5,000 debt.
2. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
3. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Hunter.
(b) Mr. Roswell.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mrs. Greyson.
4. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
5. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A cook.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mark tell about his good fortune in Chapter 10?
2. What does the person who protects the boys demand in Chapter 11 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
4. When Roswell has his first opportunity to use the key, who arrives in the store and prevents him from taking the money?
5. Who is jealous of Richard Hunter for his job in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
2. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
3. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
4. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
5. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
6. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
7. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
8. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
9. What makes Mark uncomfortable around Roswell in Chapter 16?
10. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)