|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bates offer to do for Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Settle his debts.
(b) Call his lawyer.
(c) Handle investments.
(d) Do his homework.
2. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
3. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A cook.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A bartender.
4. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Sunday school class.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Warden retreat.
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
2. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
3. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
4. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
5. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
2. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
3. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
4. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
5. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
6. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
7. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
8. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
9. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
10. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)