|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark faints in front of _______________.
(a) Roswell and Cooper.
(b) Greyson and McIntyre.
(c) Cliff and Hunter.
(d) Mark and Henderson.
2. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Work with Roswell.
(b) Reply to Mrs. Crawford.
(c) Live with Mrs. Watson.
(d) Hire Mr. Hunter.
3. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Madison Club.
(b) Dos Equis.
(c) Newsboy Club.
(d) Millionaire's Club.
4. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
(a) Fulton Market.
(b) Warden retreat.
(c) Children's orphanage.
(d) Morning tower.
5. Where does the street boy suggest for Mark to beg in Chapter 6?
(a) Corner Street.
(b) Fulton Market.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Main Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
2. Mark walks in _______________to search for money in Chapter 6.
3. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
4. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
5. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
2. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
3. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
4. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
5. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
6. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
7. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
8. Compare and contrast the working habits of Mark and Roswell from the eyes of Mr. Baker.
9. How does Dick try to help Henry in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
10. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)