|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
2. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
3. What does Hiram Bates give Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A boat.
(b) A house.
(c) A book.
(d) A check.
4. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
5. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire.
(b) Ida Tarbell.
(c) Mrs. Crawford.
(d) Roswell Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Mark faints in front of _______________.
3. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
4. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
5. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
2. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
3. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
4. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
5. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
6. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
7. How does Ralph propose that Roswell increase his earnings in Chapter 18?
8. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
9. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
10. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)