|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bates offer to do for Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Call his lawyer.
(b) Handle investments.
(c) Do his homework.
(d) Settle his debts.
2. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
3. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
4. Who feeds the boy in Chapter 5?
(a) Mother Watson.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Flanagan.
(d) Mr. Greyson.
5. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Morning tower.
(b) Children's orphanage.
(c) Sunday school class.
(d) Warden retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
2. Who does Mark wonder about in fear in Chapter 9?
3. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
4. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
2. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
3. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
4. Describe how Mark feels about begging.
5. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
6. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
7. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
8. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
9. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
10. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)