|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to hear the story about Dick becoming Mark's guardian?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Pocket it.
(b) Count it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Hide it.
4. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
(d) A briefcase.
5. Who does Mark wonder about in fear in Chapter 9?
(b) Mother Watson.
(c) Mrs. Crawford.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has tea with Mrs. Flanagan before going to look for Mark in Chapter 10?
2. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
3. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
4. Who appeared two years later after eloping in front of Bates in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
2. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
3. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
4. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
5. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
6. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
7. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
8. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
9. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
10. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)