|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Who gets fired by the end of Chapter 23 over the missing money?
3. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
4. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Millionaire's Club.
(b) Madison Club.
(c) Dos Equis.
(d) Newsboy Club.
5. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 25 dollars.
(c) 40 cents.
(d) 40 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
2. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
3. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
4. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
5. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
2. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
3. What is unique about the five dollar bill that Roswell stole in Chapter 23?
4. Compare and contrast the working habits of Mark and Roswell from the eyes of Mr. Baker.
5. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
6. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
7. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
8. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
9. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
10. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)