|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing work, where do Ben and Mark go to sleep in Chapter 12 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) Vanderbilt mansion.
(b) Newsboys' Lodging House.
(c) Astor residence.
(d) Brooklyn ferry terminal.
2. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
3. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
(a) City court.
(b) Club meeting.
(c) Coffee shop.
(d) Circus hall.
4. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
5. When Roswell has his first opportunity to use the key, who arrives in the store and prevents him from taking the money?
(a) Mr. Greyson's daughter.
(b) Mr. Rogue's brother.
(c) Mr. Baker's uncle.
(d) Ms. Ida's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
2. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
3. Who does Mark wonder about in fear in Chapter 9?
4. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
5. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
2. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
3. When Mark faints, what happens to him in Chapter 13?
4. How is the money that Mark receives parallel to the experience that Dick had?
5. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
6. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
7. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
8. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
9. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
10. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)