|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark walks in _______________to search for money in Chapter 6.
2. What place does the boy that Mark meets tell him about in Chapter 6?
(a) Astor House.
(b) Newsboy Lodge.
(c) Old Bowery.
(d) Roswell residence.
3. What does Hiram Bates give Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A boat.
(b) A book.
(c) A house.
(d) A check.
4. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
5. Who revives Mark?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigned to teach Mr. Greyson's class in Chapter 19?
2. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
3. Where will Bates accompany Henry in Chapter 3?
4. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
5. When Mark wants to return to work, whom does Dick say that he can use as a reference in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bates assist Henry with investing in Chapter 4 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
3. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
4. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
5. How does Mrs. Flanagan differ in her treatment of Mark from that of Mother Watson?
6. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
7. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
8. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
9. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
10. What makes Mark uncomfortable around Roswell in Chapter 16?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)