|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mark wonder about in fear in Chapter 9?
(a) Mother Watson.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(d) Mrs. Crawford.
2. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Dos Equis.
(b) Newsboy Club.
(c) Millionaire's Club.
(d) Madison Club.
3. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
(a) Dick Hunter.
(b) A gardener from the company.
(c) A member of the club.
(d) Chrissy Marks.
4. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Fulton Market.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Warden retreat.
5. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A cook.
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
3. Who is assigned to teach Mr. Greyson's class in Chapter 19?
4. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
5. Who gets fired by the end of Chapter 23 over the missing money?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
3. How does Roswell obtain the money for his new membership in Chapter 21?
4. What does Dick do for Mark in Chapter 14?
5. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
6. How does Mark change his living and work situation with the money he has received from Dick and Henry?
7. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
8. What does Roswell's stealing reveal about his character in Chapter 18?
9. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
10. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)