|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
(d) Boarding house.
2. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A leather strap.
(b) A bat.
(c) A pan.
(d) A book.
3. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
4. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Count it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Pocket it.
5. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Warden retreat.
(b) Children's orphanage.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Sunday school class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person who protects the boys demand in Chapter 11 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
4. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
5. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
2. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
3. Describe how Dick and Henry react to the sleeping child on the Brooklyn ferry.
4. What makes Mark uncomfortable around Roswell in Chapter 16?
5. How does Roswell implicate Mark with his crime in Chapter 23?
6. Compare and contrast the working habits of Mark and Roswell from the eyes of Mr. Baker.
7. How does Roswell receive punishment for his crime?
8. How does Dick assist Mark in getting a job and improving his education in Chapter 15?
9. Why is Bates looking for his grandson?
10. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)