|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) A two dollar bill.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A nickel.
2. What will the boot black give Dick in return for lodging?
3. Where does Dick point out the sights to Frank in Chapter 6?
(c) Six Corners.
(d) Little Five Points.
4. Where does Frank live?
(a) In a school.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In the country.
(d) In the city.
5. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
2. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
3. Where does Frank return to in Chapter 10 with Dick because he is tired?
4. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
5. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
2. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
3. How does Dick's good samaritan deed land him a job in Chapter 26?
4. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
5. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
6. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
7. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
8. How does Dick assist the police and the young man who was robbed in Chapter 10?
9. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
10. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)