|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dick's landlady in Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Watson.
(b) Mrs. Wilfer.
(c) Mrs. Mooney.
(d) Mrs. Flanagan.
2. If Frank lived in the city, what would he do for Dick?
(a) Buy him food.
(b) Drive him around.
(c) Room with him.
(d) Teach him how to read.
3. Whom does Dick buy breakfast for in Chapter 2 of Ragged Dick?
4. What do Dick and Fosdick buy together in Chapter 16?
(a) A table.
(b) A paper.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A loaf of bread.
5. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank and Dick stop for ice cream in Chapter 5?
2. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
3. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
4. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
2. Describe the merchants in New York that Frank and Dick interact with in Chapter 5.
3. How does Dick help Tom, the boot-black?
4. Describe Dick's early history.
5. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
6. How does Dick help Fosdick and receive help in return?
7. Compare Frank and Dick.
8. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
9. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
10. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)