|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
(a) Map store.
(b) Hat shop.
(c) Clothing store.
(d) Jewelry store.
2. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A nickel.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A two dollar bill.
(d) A ten dollar bill.
3. On what building's roof do Dick and Frank go in order to have a good view of Wall Street?
(a) Central Park Hotel.
(b) Customs House.
(c) Astor House.
(d) Newsboy Lodging.
4. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Laughing at her.
(c) Breaking her bag.
(d) Pulling her skirt.
5. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
(a) To the New York City railroad terminal.
(b) To the ferry.
(c) To Greyson's class.
(d) To the St. Louis train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two boot blacks want to teach Dick a lesson for in Chapter 13?
2. Who returns to the store with Dick?
3. How much does Dick pay to rent a room per week in Chapter 12?
4. Whom does Dick tell about his missing object in Chapter 21?
5. Who sent Dick a letter that he reads in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
2. Describe two changes Dick makes in Chapter 13 and 14 in his lifestyle.
3. Describe Dick's early history.
4. Describe the change that Dick undergoes in Chapter 12.
5. Describe Dick and Mickey Maguire's confrontation in Chapter 17 and 18.
6. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
7. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
8. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
9. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
10. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)