|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
2. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
(a) Tarbell residence.
(b) Astor mansion.
(c) Greyson's house.
(d) Brookly ferry.
3. What is the scam that Dick explains to Frank in Chapter 7?
(a) Poker cheats.
(c) Big game.
4. Who is Dick's first customer?
5. How far away is Frank's residence from Dick's home in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dick sleep at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Whom does Dick buy breakfast for in Chapter 2 of Ragged Dick?
3. Who returns to the store with Dick?
4. Why does the person Dick buys breakfast for in Chapter 2 hide in the doorway at the restaurant?
5. Where does Frank live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick's good samaritan deed land him a job in Chapter 26?
2. Compare Frank and Dick.
3. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
4. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
5. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
6. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
7. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
8. Describe the incident on the horse car with Frank and Dick in Chapter 9.
9. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
10. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)