|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire and Limpy Jim.
(b) Grey and Tom.
(c) Hank and Smith.
(d) Willy and Riley.
2. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
(a) An old man.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A litte girl.
(d) An old woman.
3. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
4. What picks up Dick and the person who fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
(a) A catamaran.
(b) A kayak.
(c) A rowboat.
(d) A steamboat.
5. What kind of bill did Dick give the store clerk initially?
(a) A good one.
(b) A marked one.
(c) A ripped one.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Frank lived in the city, what would he do for Dick?
2. Where does Frank live?
3. What does Dick return in Chapter 15 to Mr. Greyson?
4. Where does Frank and Dick stop for ice cream in Chapter 5?
5. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick reveal his honesty to Mr. Greyson in Chapter 15?
2. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
3. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
4. What does Dick have to change in order to be acceptable in society in Chapter 1?
5. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
6. How does Dick assist the police and the young man who was robbed in Chapter 10?
7. Describe Dick and Mickey Maguire's confrontation in Chapter 17 and 18.
8. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
9. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
10. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)