|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dick invited to visit in a note in Chapter 26?
(a) Winooski Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Pearl Street.
2. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A tie.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A cap.
3. What do the two boot blacks want to teach Dick a lesson for in Chapter 13?
(a) Being stupid.
(b) Being rich.
(c) Being loud.
(d) Putting on airs.
4. Where does Dick sleep in Chapter 7?
(a) Underground Lair.
(b) Newsboys' Lodging House.
(c) Primary Zone.
(d) Main Street Landing.
5. What is identical on the bureau of Dick and that of his neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
2. What is the scam that Dick explains to Frank in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Frank return to in Chapter 10 with Dick because he is tired?
4. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
5. What do Dick and Fosdick buy together in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
2. Describe Dick and Mickey Maguire's confrontation in Chapter 17 and 18.
3. How does Dick help Fosdick and receive help in return?
4. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
5. Describe the merchants in New York that Frank and Dick interact with in Chapter 5.
6. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
7. Compare Frank and Dick.
8. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
9. How does Dick's good habits rub off on Henry, and how does he help Henry in Chapter 18?
10. Describe Dick.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)