|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Dick's drawer in Chapter 21?
(a) His watch.
(b) His money.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His bank book.
2. How does Dick earn money in Chapter 1 of Ragged Dick?
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Writing books.
(c) Shining shoes.
(d) Watering plants.
3. What is Dick unable to read at the church in Chapter 17?
(c) Hymn book.
4. Whom does Dick tell about his missing object in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Dick's first customer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who needs money to go to California in Chapter 22?
2. Who is Dick's landlady in Chapter 16?
3. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
4. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
5. What picks up Dick and the person who fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
2. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
3. Describe the change that Dick undergoes in Chapter 12.
4. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
5. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
6. Describe Dick's early history.
7. Describe two changes Dick makes in Chapter 13 and 14 in his lifestyle.
8. How does Dick's good habits rub off on Henry, and how does he help Henry in Chapter 18?
9. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
10. How does Dick help Tom, the boot-black?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)