|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
(a) A pearl-handled knife.
(b) A pocketbook.
(c) A watch.
(d) A wallet.
2. Why does the person Dick buys breakfast for in Chapter 2 hide in the doorway at the restaurant?
(a) To be more attractive.
(b) To avoid a man.
(c) To not pay her bill.
(d) To not pay his bill.
3. Where do Dick and Frank take a ferry to in Chapter 10?
4. Whom does Dick buy breakfast for in Chapter 2 of Ragged Dick?
5. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A cap.
(c) A pair of pants.
(d) A tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick's first customer?
2. What do the two boot blacks challenge Dick to in Chapter 14?
3. When the ferry reaches its destination, what does the young man give Dick in Chapter 11?
4. How does Dick earn money in Chapter 1 of Ragged Dick?
5. Where does Dick sleep in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bates do for Mark in Chapter 26 to improve his life and make him feel comfortable?
2. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
3. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
4. How does Bates make amends to Henry in Chapter 3 of Mark the Match Boy?
5. How is Mark revealed to be Bates' grandson in Chapter 25?
6. Why are Dick and Henry sympathetic to Mark?
7. How does Dick try to help Henry in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
8. Describe Mark's Sunday school experience in Chapter 19.
9. What is the moral of the story, Mark, the Match Boy, by the last chapter?
10. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)