|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A pair of pants.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A tie.
(d) A cap.
2. How old was Dick when his mother died?
3. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Pulling her skirt.
(b) Breaking her bag.
(c) Laughing at her.
4. What is the method of transportation that Frank and Dick take in the city in Chapter 9?
(c) Horse car.
5. What is the name of the boot black that Dick helps with rent in Chapter 24?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Henry a recommendation that gets him a job in Chapter 19?
2. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
3. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
4. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
5. What does the person who enters the bank while Dick hides claim is his name in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick assist the police and the young man who was robbed in Chapter 10?
2. Describe Dick's reaction to his letter from Frank Whitney.
3. Describe Dick.
4. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
5. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
6. How does Dick reveal his honesty to Mr. Greyson in Chapter 15?
7. How does Dick help Tom, the boot-black?
8. Describe the incident on the horse car with Frank and Dick in Chapter 9.
9. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
10. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)