|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire and Limpy Jim.
(b) Hank and Smith.
(c) Willy and Riley.
(d) Grey and Tom.
2. What does Henry need to buy in order to get a new job in Chapter 18?
3. What is Dick's last name that he offers in Chapter 14?
4. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
5. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
2. Who returns to the store with Dick?
3. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
4. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
5. What is Frank not impressed with in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the boys work together as a team to improve their lives by the end of Chapter 20?
2. What does Bates do for Mark in Chapter 26 to improve his life and make him feel comfortable?
3. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
4. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
5. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
6. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
7. Describe the event that precipitates Dick meeting his old friend Frank again in Chapter 24.
8. Compare and contrast the working habits of Mark and Roswell from the eyes of Mr. Baker.
9. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
10. Describe the incident on the horse car with Frank and Dick in Chapter 9.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)