|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dick's landlady in Chapter 16?
(a) Mrs. Mooney.
(b) Mrs. Wilfer.
(c) Mrs. Flanagan.
(d) Mrs. Watson.
2. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Breaking her bag.
(c) Pulling her skirt.
(d) Laughing at her.
3. Where does Frank and Dick stop for ice cream in Chapter 5?
(a) Ben and Jerry's.
(b) Taylor's Saloon.
4. Who returns to the store with Dick?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An angry customer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A seamstress.
5. In Chapter 20, what happened to a boy's mother that propels Dick to help the boy?
(a) She got pneumonia.
(b) She died.
(c) She broke her arm.
(d) She passed out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the clerk do with the bills?
2. What will the boot black give Dick in return for lodging?
3. What is the method of transportation that Frank and Dick take in the city in Chapter 9?
4. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
5. What kinds of stories does Frank tell Dick in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dick help Tom, the boot-black?
2. How does Ben try to help Mark get his twenty-five cents in Chapter 6?
3. How is Mark revealed to be Bates' grandson in Chapter 25?
4. How does Mark's life change in Chapter 12?
5. How does Dick's good samaritan deed land him a job in Chapter 26?
6. Describe two changes Dick makes in Chapter 13 and 14 in his lifestyle.
7. Describe the interaction Mark has with Mother Watson in Chapter 11.
8. Compare Frank and Dick.
9. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
10. Describe Dick.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)