|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dick tell about his missing object in Chapter 21?
2. What is Dick unable to read at the church in Chapter 17?
(b) Hymn book.
3. What does Dick wear to work in Chapter 13?
(a) A costume.
(b) A uniform.
(c) His new suit.
(d) Shorts and tee shirt.
4. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine months.
5. In Chapter 18, when Dick chases the person throwing rocks at them, what does Dick threaten to do?
(a) Hurt him.
(b) Break his bones.
(c) Complain to Greyson.
(d) Steal the rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what happened to a boy's mother that propels Dick to help the boy?
2. Where does Dick point out the sights to Frank in Chapter 6?
3. What kind of bill did Dick give the store clerk initially?
4. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
5. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dick's reaction to his letter from Frank Whitney.
2. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
3. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
4. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
5. How does Dick help Tom, the boot-black?
6. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
7. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
8. What does Dick have to change in order to be acceptable in society in Chapter 1?
9. How does Dick assist the police and the young man who was robbed in Chapter 10?
10. Describe Dick.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)