|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dick's salary in Chapter 27?
(a) 100 dollars a week.
(b) 50 dollars a week.
(c) 10 dollars a week.
(d) 20 dollars a week.
2. What picks up Dick and the person who fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A rowboat.
(c) A kayak.
(d) A catamaran.
3. Who insists that Dick returns with him to dry off and get new clothes in Chapter 26?
(a) Child's father.
(c) Ferry captain.
4. Where does Dick take money out of to help Henry get a new job in Chapter 18?
(a) His shoe box.
(b) Savings account.
(c) His desk.
(d) His piggy bank.
5. What is Dick offered in Chapter 27?
(a) A hair cut.
(b) A job.
(c) A new flat.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
2. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
3. Who is Dick's neighbor across the hall in his boarding house?
4. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
5. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
2. Describe the incident on the horse car with Frank and Dick in Chapter 9.
3. Describe the merchants in New York that Frank and Dick interact with in Chapter 5.
4. How does Dick reveal his honesty to Mr. Greyson in Chapter 15?
5. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
6. How do the boot blacks react to Dick's new clothes in Chapters 14 and 15?
7. How does Dick help Fosdick and receive help in return?
8. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
9. How does Dick's good habits rub off on Henry, and how does he help Henry in Chapter 18?
10. Describe Dick.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)