|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dick's neighbor across the hall in his boarding house?
2. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire and Limpy Jim.
(b) Willy and Riley.
(c) Hank and Smith.
(d) Grey and Tom.
3. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
4. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
(a) A pearl-handled knife.
(b) A wallet.
(c) A pocketbook.
(d) A watch.
5. What is Dick's last name that he offers in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank want to see in Chapter 9?
2. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
3. How far away is Frank's residence from Dick's home in Chapter 5?
4. What is missing from Dick's drawer in Chapter 21?
5. What does Dick open in Chapter 14 to save money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mark's experience sleeping on the ferry.
2. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
3. How does Dick assist the police and the young man who was robbed in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
5. How does Ralph connive Roswell into getting him five dollars in Chapter 20?
6. What kind of work does Henry get? Describe his work experience in Chapters 19 and 20?
7. How is Dick alert to business opportunities?
8. How does Mark find a job in Chapter 15?
9. What does Bates do for Mark in Chapter 26 to improve his life and make him feel comfortable?
10. What does the clothing offered by Rockwell signify for Dick in Chapter 26?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)