|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank live?
(a) In the city.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a school.
(d) In the country.
2. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
(a) A gown.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A coat.
(d) A cravat.
3. What does Dick wear to work in Chapter 13?
(a) A uniform.
(b) A costume.
(c) Shorts and tee shirt.
(d) His new suit.
4. Where is Dick invited to visit in a note in Chapter 26?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Pearl Street.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Winooski Street.
5. Who is the person that is thankful to Dick for rescuing the person that fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
3. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
4. What is Dick's last name that he offers in Chapter 14?
5. What has Dick never done before that Henry offers to help him with in Chapter 25?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
2. How does Dick reveal his honesty to Mr. Greyson in Chapter 15?
3. Compare Frank and Dick.
4. Describe Dick.
5. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
6. What does Dick have to change in order to be acceptable in society in Chapter 1?
7. Describe the letter that Dick writes to his friend Frank with the help of Henry.
8. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
9. How does Frank attempt to help Dick improve his social status and quality of life in Chapters 5-8?
10. Describe the change that Dick undergoes in Chapter 12.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)