|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the clerk do with the bills?
(a) Lost them.
(b) Stole them.
(c) Switched them.
(d) Locked them up.
2. Who takes a fancy to Dick in Chapter 17?
3. What does Dick wear to work in Chapter 13?
(a) A uniform.
(b) A costume.
(c) Shorts and tee shirt.
(d) His new suit.
4. Why does the person Dick buys breakfast for in Chapter 2 hide in the doorway at the restaurant?
(a) To not pay her bill.
(b) To not pay his bill.
(c) To avoid a man.
(d) To be more attractive.
5. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
2. Who returns to the store with Dick?
3. Where does Dick sleep at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How does Dick earn money in Chapter 1 of Ragged Dick?
5. What is Dick offered in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dick's reaction to his letter from Frank Whitney.
2. How does Dick's good samaritan deed land him a job in Chapter 26?
3. How does Dick prevent Travis from withdrawing his money at the bank?
4. How does Dick get the money back from the swindler on the ferry in Chapter 11?
5. Why is Dick fired from his job in Chapter 1?
6. Describe Dick's early history.
7. How are Henry and Dick closer to achieving their goals by the end of Chapter 27?
8. Describe Dick.
9. Describe the change that Dick undergoes in Chapter 12.
10. Why do Dick and Henry want a new place of residence?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)