|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) To buy a book.
(b) To change his situation.
(c) To buy a suit.
(d) To buy shoes.
2. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire.
(b) Roswell Cooper.
(c) Ida Tarbell.
(d) Mrs. Crawford.
3. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) New York.
4. Who revives Mark?
5. In Chapter 18, who suggests that Roswell supplement his income by stealing from his employer?
6. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Eight dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
7. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
8. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 13?
9. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
(d) Henry's father.
10. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
11. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
(a) He is a compulsive thief and should be locked up.
(b) He was alone in the store for a few minutes.
(c) He is telling the truth since Roswell took it.
(d) He is a liar and he saw Mark take the money.
12. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Work with Roswell.
(b) Live with Mrs. Watson.
(c) Hire Mr. Hunter.
(d) Reply to Mrs. Crawford.
13. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
(a) Mother and uncle.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Lover and friend.
(d) Wife and child.
14. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Greyson.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mr. Roswell.
15. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
2. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
3. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
4. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Dick work in Chapter 1?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)