|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His attorney.
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
4. Where does Roswell go with his friend in Chapter 18?
(a) The police.
(b) The store.
(c) The bank.
(d) The theater.
5. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
6. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
7. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
(a) A gardener from the company.
(b) Dick Hunter.
(c) Chrissy Marks.
(d) A member of the club.
8. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
(b) School teacher.
9. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
(a) An egg.
(b) An apple.
(c) A piece of toast.
(d) A pie.
10. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
(a) Coffee shop.
(b) Club meeting.
(c) Circus hall.
(d) City court.
11. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
12. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
13. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
14. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $5,000 debt.
(b) $10,000 debt.
(c) $2000 debt.
(d) $1,000 debt.
15. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
3. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
4. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
5. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)