|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
2. Whom does the store owner decide to talk to while he sends Mark out on a delivery?
3. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Roswell.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mrs. Greyson.
4. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) New York.
5. Where does Mark want to sell matches?
(a) Cliff Street.
(b) Pearl Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Living Street.
6. Who revives Mark?
7. Who refuses to feed the boy since he did not bring home enough money in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mrs. Flanagan.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mr. Greyson.
8. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
9. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Eight dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
10. After finishing work, where do Ben and Mark go to sleep in Chapter 12 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) Brooklyn ferry terminal.
(b) Newsboys' Lodging House.
(c) Astor residence.
(d) Vanderbilt mansion.
11. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Dos Equis.
(b) Madison Club.
(c) Millionaire's Club.
(d) Newsboy Club.
12. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Morning tower.
(c) Sunday school class.
(d) Warden retreat.
13. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
14. Who gets fired by the end of Chapter 23 over the missing money?
15. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
2. Who wants to hear the story about Dick becoming Mark's guardian?
3. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
4. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
5. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)