|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 40 cents.
(b) 25 cents.
(c) 40 dollars.
(d) 25 dollars.
2. When Mark wants to return to work, whom does Dick say that he can use as a reference in Chapter 15?
3. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
(b) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(c) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
(d) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
4. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $2000 debt.
(b) $10,000 debt.
(c) $1,000 debt.
(d) $5,000 debt.
5. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
(b) School teacher.
6. Where does the street boy suggest for Mark to beg in Chapter 6?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Fulton Market.
(c) Corner Street.
(d) Cliff Street.
7. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
8. How much money does Mark save in Chapter 13 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) 20 dollars.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) 25 dollars.
(d) 15 dollars.
9. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) To change his situation.
(b) To buy a book.
(c) To buy a suit.
(d) To buy shoes.
10. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 13?
11. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
12. What does Dick talk to Mark about in Chapter 15?
(a) Hard work and studying.
(b) Death and destruction.
(d) Struggles and pain.
13. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
(a) He is a liar and he saw Mark take the money.
(b) He is a compulsive thief and should be locked up.
(c) He is telling the truth since Roswell took it.
(d) He was alone in the store for a few minutes.
14. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His grandson.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His attorney.
15. Whom does the store owner decide to talk to while he sends Mark out on a delivery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
2. In Chapter 18, who suggests that Roswell supplement his income by stealing from his employer?
3. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
4. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
5. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)