|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets fired by the end of Chapter 23 over the missing money?
2. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
(b) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(c) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
(d) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
3. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A reporter.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A cook.
(d) A bartender.
4. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
5. How much money does Mark save in Chapter 13 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 25 dollars.
6. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His grandson.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His attorney.
7. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
(a) He was alone in the store for a few minutes.
(b) He is a compulsive thief and should be locked up.
(c) He is telling the truth since Roswell took it.
(d) He is a liar and he saw Mark take the money.
8. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
9. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
(a) Henry's father.
10. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
(a) Circus hall.
(b) City court.
(c) Club meeting.
(d) Coffee shop.
11. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
12. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(c) New York.
13. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
14. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
(b) Boarding house.
15. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
2. What does Dick talk to Mark about in Chapter 15?
3. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
4. Who appeared two years later after eloping in front of Bates in Chapter 3?
5. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)