|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 40 dollars.
(b) 25 dollars.
(c) 40 cents.
(d) 25 cents.
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
(a) Cliff House.
(b) Norfolk Inn.
(c) Astor House.
(d) Main Street Grill.
4. Who notices that five dollars is missing from the cash drawer in Chapter 23?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Clinton.
(c) Mr. Baker. Mr. Greyson.
(d) Mr. Baker.
5. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
(c) Boarding house.
6. Without Mark's knowledge, what does Roswell do with the key?
(a) Slips it into Mark's pocket.
(b) Hides it in Mark's bedroom.
(c) Throws it away in the trash.
(d) Burns it.
7. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
8. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
9. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Newsboy Club.
(b) Madison Club.
(c) Millionaire's Club.
(d) Dos Equis.
10. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
11. Who revives Mark?
12. Whom does the store owner decide to talk to while he sends Mark out on a delivery?
13. Who feeds the boy in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mrs. Flanagan.
(d) Mother Watson.
14. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A cook.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A reporter.
15. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Sunday school class.
(b) Warden retreat.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Children's orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 13?
2. Who leaves at the demand of the boys' protector in Chapter 11?
3. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
4. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
5. Whom does Mark tell about his good fortune in Chapter 10?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)