|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
(d) Boarding house.
2. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Warden retreat.
(b) Children's orphanage.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Sunday school class.
3. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) To buy a book.
(b) To buy a suit.
(c) To buy shoes.
(d) To change his situation.
4. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
5. Where does Roswell go with his friend in Chapter 18?
(a) The police.
(b) The bank.
(c) The theater.
(d) The store.
6. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Eight dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
7. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
(a) Henry's father.
8. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Greyson.
(b) Mother Watson.
(c) Mr. Roswell.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
9. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
10. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $10,000 debt.
(b) $5,000 debt.
(c) $1,000 debt.
(d) $2000 debt.
11. Who does Mark wonder about in fear in Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Crawford.
(b) Mother Watson.
(c) Mr. Hunter.
12. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
(a) He is a compulsive thief and should be locked up.
(b) He was alone in the store for a few minutes.
(c) He is a liar and he saw Mark take the money.
(d) He is telling the truth since Roswell took it.
13. Whom does Mark tell about his good fortune in Chapter 10?
14. Where does Mark want to sell matches?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Pearl Street.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Living Street.
15. In Chapter 18, who suggests that Roswell supplement his income by stealing from his employer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
2. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
3. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
4. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
5. When Roswell has his first opportunity to use the key, who arrives in the store and prevents him from taking the money?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)