|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Morning tower.
(c) Warden retreat.
(d) Sunday school class.
2. Who has tea with Mrs. Flanagan before going to look for Mark in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Crawford.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mr. Hunter.
3. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
4. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
5. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
6. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 18, who suggests that Roswell supplement his income by stealing from his employer?
8. Who wants to hear the story about Dick becoming Mark's guardian?
9. When Mark insists that he did not take the money, what does Roswell say about Mark?
(a) He is a compulsive thief and should be locked up.
(b) He is a liar and he saw Mark take the money.
(c) He is telling the truth since Roswell took it.
(d) He was alone in the store for a few minutes.
10. What does Dick talk to Mark about in Chapter 15?
(b) Hard work and studying.
(c) Struggles and pain.
(d) Death and destruction.
11. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
12. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
13. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(d) New York.
14. Who leaves at the demand of the boys' protector in Chapter 11?
(a) Mrs. Crawford.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(c) Mr. Roswell.
(d) Mother Watson.
15. Mark walks in _______________to search for money in Chapter 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
2. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
3. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
4. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
5. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)