|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to hear the story about Dick becoming Mark's guardian?
2. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
3. Who refuses to feed the boy since he did not bring home enough money in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mrs. Flanagan.
4. What does Dick talk to Mark about in Chapter 15?
(a) Death and destruction.
(b) Hard work and studying.
(c) Struggles and pain.
5. How much money does Mark save in Chapter 13 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) 15 dollars.
(b) 20 dollars.
(c) 10 dollars.
(d) 25 dollars.
6. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(d) New York.
7. In Chapter 18, who suggests that Roswell supplement his income by stealing from his employer?
8. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
9. Whom does the store owner decide to talk to while he sends Mark out on a delivery?
10. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
11. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
12. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
13. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A bat.
(b) A book.
(c) A leather strap.
(d) A pan.
14. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
15. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Live with Mrs. Watson.
(b) Work with Roswell.
(c) Hire Mr. Hunter.
(d) Reply to Mrs. Crawford.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
2. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
3. Without Mark's knowledge, what does Roswell do with the key?
4. What does the store owner decide to do with Mark after he has talked to both him and Roswell?
5. What place does the boy that Mark meets tell him about in Chapter 6?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)