|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mark leave his money in Chapter 12?
2. Whom does the store owner decide to talk to while he sends Mark out on a delivery?
3. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Morning tower.
(b) Children's orphanage.
(c) Sunday school class.
(d) Warden retreat.
4. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
(b) New York.
5. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 40 dollars.
(b) 40 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 25 dollars.
6. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
(d) School teacher.
7. What does Mark use the half dollars for in Chapter 10 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) To buy a book.
(b) To buy a suit.
(c) To change his situation.
(d) To buy shoes.
8. What does the store owner decide to do with Mark after he has talked to both him and Roswell?
(a) Keep him employed.
(b) Fire him.
(c) Question him further.
(d) Lock him up.
9. Who feeds the boy in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Dick.
(b) Mrs. Flanagan.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mr. Greyson.
10. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A hat.
(c) A briefcase.
11. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
12. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 13?
13. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
14. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
15. Who is jealous of Richard Hunter for his job in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
2. Where does Mark sleep in Chapter 9 of Mark the Match Boy?
3. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
4. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
5. Who wants to hear the story about Dick becoming Mark's guardian?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)