|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mark a dime in Chapter 7 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A cook.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A bartender.
2. Where does Dick work in Chapter 1?
(a) Rockwell and Cooper.
(b) Astor House.
(c) Vanderbilt Mansion.
(d) Main Street Grill.
3. Mark faints in front of _______________.
(a) Cliff and Hunter.
(b) Roswell and Cooper.
(c) Mark and Henderson.
(d) Greyson and McIntyre.
4. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He starts fighting.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. Who revives Mark?
6. Who finds Mark dusting books while Roswell is just reading?
7. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
(a) Club meeting.
(b) Coffee shop.
(c) Circus hall.
(d) City court.
8. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
(a) Children's orphanage.
(b) Warden retreat.
(c) Morning tower.
(d) Fulton Market.
9. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
10. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
(c) School teacher.
11. Mark walks in _______________to search for money in Chapter 6.
12. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A briefcase.
13. Who is assigned to teach Mr. Greyson's class in Chapter 19?
14. What does Hiram Bates tell Henry about losing in Chapter 1?
15. Who refuses to feed the boy since he did not bring home enough money in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Greyson.
(b) Mr. Dick.
(c) Mrs. Flanagan.
(d) Mother Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves at the demand of the boys' protector in Chapter 11?
2. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
3. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
4. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
5. Where does Mark want to sell matches?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)