|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dick and Henry take Mark with them on Sunday?
(a) Sunday school class.
(b) Children's orphanage.
(c) Warden retreat.
(d) Morning tower.
2. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
3. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
4. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
(a) An apple.
(b) An egg.
(c) A piece of toast.
(d) A pie.
5. Where does Roswell go with his friend in Chapter 18?
(a) The police.
(b) The bank.
(c) The store.
(d) The theater.
6. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
7. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
8. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Hide it.
(b) Pocket it.
(c) Return it.
(d) Count it.
9. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Dos Equis.
(b) Madison Club.
(c) Newsboy Club.
(d) Millionaire's Club.
10. What does Dick talk to Mark about in Chapter 15?
(a) Death and destruction.
(c) Hard work and studying.
(d) Struggles and pain.
11. What is Mark afraid of being beaten with in Chapter 6 of Mark the Match Boy?
(a) A book.
(b) A bat.
(c) A pan.
(d) A leather strap.
12. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
13. Who notices that five dollars is missing from the cash drawer in Chapter 23?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Baker. Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mr. Clinton.
(d) Mr. Baker.
14. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His attorney.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His ex-wife.
15. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
2. Who gets fired by the end of Chapter 23 over the missing money?
3. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
4. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
5. Who approaches and protects the boys in Chapter 11?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)