|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
2. Who appeared two years later after eloping in front of Bates in Chapter 3?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His clerk.
3. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
4. Whom does Roswell plan to blame if Mr. Baker gets suspicious about the money missing from the cash drawer?
5. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
6. Who leaves at the demand of the boys' protector in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Hunter.
(b) Mr. Roswell.
(c) Mrs. Crawford.
(d) Mother Watson.
7. What is the only thing the boy has eaten in Chapter 5?
(a) A piece of toast.
(b) A pie.
(c) An apple.
(d) An egg.
8. Without Mark's knowledge, what does Roswell do with the key?
(a) Throws it away in the trash.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Slips it into Mark's pocket.
(d) Hides it in Mark's bedroom.
9. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
(a) He starts fighting.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He falls asleep.
10. Where does Ralph take Roswell to pay his dues?
(a) Club meeting.
(b) Circus hall.
(c) Coffee shop.
(d) City court.
11. Whom does Mark meet in Chapter 14 of Mark the Match Boy?
12. Where does Mark recognize Roswell from in Chapter 16?
(a) Fulton Market.
(b) Morning tower.
(c) Children's orphanage.
(d) Warden retreat.
13. Who is the street boy that Mark meets in Chapter 6?
14. Who feeds the boy in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Greyson.
(b) Mother Watson.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mrs. Flanagan.
15. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
2. Who notices that five dollars is missing from the cash drawer in Chapter 23?
3. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
4. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
5. How much money does Roswell take out of the cash drawer from work?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)