|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
2. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Roswell.
(b) Mrs. Greyson.
(c) Mr. Hunter.
(d) Mother Watson.
3. How much money is the boy supposed to have brought home in Chapter 5?
(a) 25 cents.
(b) 25 dollars.
(c) 40 dollars.
(d) 40 cents.
4. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
5. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
6. Who appeared two years later after eloping in front of Bates in Chapter 3?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) His clerk.
7. Mark walks in _______________to search for money in Chapter 6.
8. Who refuses to feed the boy since he did not bring home enough money in Chapter 5?
(a) Mrs. Flanagan.
(b) Mr. Greyson.
(c) Mr. Dick.
(d) Mother Watson.
9. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
(a) Chrissy Marks.
(b) Dick Hunter.
(c) A gardener from the company.
(d) A member of the club.
10. Mark's friend warns him that _______________might be unpleasant to him at his new job.
11. What does Hiram Bates remember in Chapter 1?
(d) Henry's father.
12. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
13. Who does not like Roswell in Chapter 16?
14. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
(b) A briefcase.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shirt.
15. Ralph tells Roswell that he has been nominated to the _______________.
(a) Dos Equis.
(b) Millionaire's Club.
(c) Newsboy Club.
(d) Madison Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has tea with Mrs. Flanagan before going to look for Mark in Chapter 10?
2. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
3. Who is jealous of Richard Hunter for his job in Chapter 17?
4. Where is Hiram Bates in Chapter 1 of Mark the Match Boy?
5. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)