|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dick and Mark talk about their new roles of guardian and child?
2. Who learns about Mark in Chapter 16?
3. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
4. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
5. Who is Bates looking for in Chapter 3?
(a) His grandson.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His attorney.
6. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
(a) He starts fighting.
(b) He gets angry.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He falls asleep.
7. Who offers to be Mark's guardian?
8. Where is Hiram Bates staying in Chapter 1?
(a) Norfolk Inn.
(b) Astor House.
(c) Cliff House.
(d) Main Street Grill.
9. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Greyson.
(b) Mother Watson.
(c) Mr. Hunter.
(d) Mr. Roswell.
10. Whom does Mark tell about his job in Chapter 19?
11. Who is working at the bookstore where Mark sees a job posted?
12. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
(b) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(c) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
(d) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
13. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $1,000 debt.
(b) $10,000 debt.
(c) $2000 debt.
(d) $5,000 debt.
14. When Roswell has his first opportunity to use the key, who arrives in the store and prevents him from taking the money?
(a) Mr. Rogue's brother.
(b) Mr. Greyson's daughter.
(c) Mr. Baker's uncle.
(d) Ms. Ida's father.
15. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roswell try to convince his mother that he needs in order to get money for his new club?
2. Whom does Roswell tell about Mark?
3. Who is jealous of Richard Hunter for his job in Chapter 17?
4. Who eloped with John Talbot, Bates' clerk, in Chapter 3?
5. When Mark leaves, who arrives to the store angry about a five-dollar bill?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)