|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mark faints in front of _______________.
(a) Cliff and Hunter.
(b) Roswell and Cooper.
(c) Mark and Henderson.
(d) Greyson and McIntyre.
2. Who rudely rebuffs Mark in Chapter 7 for begging?
(a) Mr. Hunter and Dick.
(b) Ms. Tarbell and Will.
(c) Mr. Greyson and Ida.
(d) Mrs. Crawford and Roswell.
3. Who works for Richard Hunter in Chapter 13?
(a) Roswell Cooper.
(b) Mrs. Crawford.
(c) Ida Tarbell.
(d) Mickey Maguire.
4. What does Dick tell Henry that he should try to collect from Hiram Bates in Mark the Match Boy?
(a) $5,000 debt.
(b) $10,000 debt.
(c) $1,000 debt.
(d) $2000 debt.
5. Where does Mark retrieve his money from in Chapter 15?
6. What does Mark realize that he does not have to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Live with Mrs. Watson.
(b) Work with Roswell.
(c) Reply to Mrs. Crawford.
(d) Hire Mr. Hunter.
7. Who is the clerk that waits on Dick at the bookstore?
8. Where does the street boy suggest for Mark to beg in Chapter 6?
(a) Main Street.
(b) Fulton Market.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Corner Street.
9. What is the boy in Chapter 5 of Mark the Match Boy carrying?
10. While the men gamble and drink and party in Chapter 22, what happens to Roswell?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He starts fighting.
(d) He gets angry.
11. What place does the boy that Mark meets tell him about in Chapter 6?
(a) Newsboy Lodge.
(b) Astor House.
(c) Roswell residence.
(d) Old Bowery.
12. What does Bates offer to do for Henry in Chapter 3?
(a) Settle his debts.
(b) Handle investments.
(c) Call his lawyer.
(d) Do his homework.
13. By taking a wax impression of the ________on the money drawer, a key can be made.
14. What does Roswell start to do with some of the money from sales at his work in Chapter 18?
(a) Return it.
(b) Count it.
(c) Hide it.
(d) Pocket it.
15. Who approaches Mark while he is talking to his friend in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Greyson.
(b) Mr. Hunter.
(c) Mother Watson.
(d) Mr. Roswell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mark wants to return to work, whom does Dick say that he can use as a reference in Chapter 15?
2. Who learns that Dick is Mark's guardian?
3. What does Dick buy for Mark in Chapter 15?
4. Whom does Mark meet and have breakfast with in Chapter 9?
5. What does Mark save money by NOT buying in Chapter 13?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)