|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire and Limpy Jim.
(b) Hank and Smith.
(c) Willy and Riley.
(d) Grey and Tom.
2. What does Henry need to buy in order to get a new job in Chapter 18?
3. What is Dick's last name that he offers in Chapter 14?
4. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
5. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
6. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
(a) Tarbell residence.
(b) Brookly ferry.
(c) Astor mansion.
(d) Greyson's house.
7. Who returns to the store with Dick?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) An angry customer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A lawyer.
8. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
9. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
(a) A coat.
(b) A gown.
(c) A cravat.
(d) A new suit.
10. What is Frank not impressed with in Chapter 10?
(a) Dick's lodging.
(b) The smell of the city.
(c) The park under construction.
(d) The woman's excuses.
11. How far away is Frank's residence from Dick's home in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
12. To whom does Dick show a letter in Chapter 25?
13. When the ferry reaches its destination, what does the young man give Dick in Chapter 11?
(a) Wallet he had stolen.
(b) A book to read.
(c) Money he had stolen.
(d) His legal papers.
14. What is identical on the bureau of Dick and that of his neighbor?
15. What will the boot black give Dick in return for lodging?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Frank and Dick see many clothing stores in Chapter 5?
2. What does Dick open in Chapter 14 to save money?
3. Who insists that Dick returns with him to dry off and get new clothes in Chapter 26?
4. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
5. Who sent Dick a letter that he reads in Chapter 25?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)