|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dick tell about his missing object in Chapter 21?
2. What does Dick open in Chapter 14 to save money?
(a) A bank account.
(b) A computer station.
(c) A chest of drawers.
(d) A desk.
3. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A two dollar bill.
4. How far away is Frank's residence from Dick's home in Chapter 5?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
5. What is the name that Dick asks the young man about while aboard the ferry in Chapter 11?
(a) Ephraim Smith.
(b) Mark Ruffalo.
(c) Hiriam Bates.
(d) Dick Jones.
6. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Nine months.
7. Where does Dick accompany Henry in Chapter 26 on an errand for his employer?
8. Who is the person that is thankful to Dick for rescuing the person that fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
9. What is the method of transportation that Frank and Dick take in the city in Chapter 9?
(c) Horse car.
10. What will the boot black give Dick in return for lodging?
11. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
12. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
(a) A gown.
(b) A new suit.
(c) A cravat.
(d) A coat.
13. What is the name of the boot black that Dick helps with rent in Chapter 24?
14. What do the two boot blacks want to teach Dick a lesson for in Chapter 13?
(a) Putting on airs.
(b) Being loud.
(c) Being stupid.
(d) Being rich.
15. Who returns to the store with Dick?
(a) A seamstress.
(b) An angry customer.
(c) A gentleman.
(d) A lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank live?
2. Where does Dick sleep at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What picks up Dick and the person who fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
4. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
5. What kinds of stories does Frank tell Dick in Chapter 6?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)