|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who searches Dick and Mark in Chapter 9?
(a) The bookkeeper.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The woman passenger.
(d) The priest.
2. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
3. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It is too little.
(c) It is counterfeit.
(d) It is marked.
4. What is missing from Dick's drawer in Chapter 21?
(a) His money.
(b) His watch.
(c) His bank book.
(d) His wallet.
5. What is the name of the boot black that Dick helps with rent in Chapter 24?
6. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Pulling her skirt.
(c) Laughing at her.
(d) Breaking her bag.
7. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Map store.
(c) Hat shop.
(d) Jewelry store.
8. Who are the boot blacks that make notice Dick's new clothes in Chapter 13?
(a) Mickey Maguire and Limpy Jim.
(b) Willy and Riley.
(c) Hank and Smith.
(d) Grey and Tom.
9. In Chapter 15, Dick helps out ______________.
10. What does Dick open in Chapter 14 to save money?
(a) A desk.
(b) A chest of drawers.
(c) A computer station.
(d) A bank account.
11. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
12. To whom does Dick show a letter in Chapter 25?
13. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
14. Where do Frank and Dick see many clothing stores in Chapter 5?
(a) Trafalgar Square.
(b) Chatham Street.
(c) West Street.
(d) Main Street.
15. What do Dick and Fosdick buy together in Chapter 16?
(a) A paper.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A table.
(d) A suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dick take money out of to help Henry get a new job in Chapter 18?
2. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
3. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
4. How much does Dick pay to rent a room per week in Chapter 12?
5. Who needs money to go to California in Chapter 22?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)