|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
(a) An old man.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A litte girl.
(d) A little boy.
2. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
3. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Pulling her skirt.
(b) Laughing at her.
(d) Breaking her bag.
4. What is missing from Dick's drawer in Chapter 21?
(a) His bank book.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His watch.
(d) His money.
5. To whom does Dick show a letter in Chapter 25?
6. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
(a) A shoe shiner.
(b) A sweeper.
(c) A baker.
(d) A newsboy.
7. Who returns to the store with Dick?
(a) A gentleman.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An angry customer.
(d) A seamstress.
8. Who is the person that is thankful to Dick for rescuing the person that fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
9. What is the scam that Dick explains to Frank in Chapter 7?
(b) Big game.
(c) Poker cheats.
10. Who is Dick's first customer?
11. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It is marked.
(c) It is counterfeit.
(d) It is too little.
12. Who sent Dick a letter that he reads in Chapter 25?
13. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A tie.
(b) A cap.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A pair of pants.
14. Where does Frank live?
(a) In the country.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In the city.
(d) In a school.
15. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dick and Frank take a ferry to in Chapter 10?
2. What is Dick's last name that he offers in Chapter 14?
3. What do the two boot blacks want to teach Dick a lesson for in Chapter 13?
4. What has Dick never done before that Henry offers to help him with in Chapter 25?
5. What is Dick's salary in Chapter 27?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)