|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dick's first job that he tells Frank about in Chapter 8?
(a) A shoe shiner.
(b) A sweeper.
(c) A newsboy.
(d) A baker.
2. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A tie.
(d) A cap.
3. What do the two boot blacks challenge Dick to in Chapter 14?
(a) A game.
(b) A fight.
(c) A fencing bout.
(d) A swim.
4. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
(a) Jewelry store.
(b) Hat shop.
(c) Clothing store.
(d) Map store.
5. Who throws a rock at Dick and Henry, barely missing them in Chapter 17?
6. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A cravat.
(c) A coat.
(d) A gown.
7. What is the name that Dick asks the young man about while aboard the ferry in Chapter 11?
(a) Dick Jones.
(b) Ephraim Smith.
(c) Mark Ruffalo.
(d) Hiriam Bates.
8. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
(a) To the St. Louis train station.
(b) To the New York City railroad terminal.
(c) To the ferry.
(d) To Greyson's class.
9. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
10. How old was Dick when his mother died?
11. Who has the young man that Dick and Frank meet been victimized by in Chapter 10?
(a) A swindler.
(b) A child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A beggar.
12. What kind of bill did Dick give the store clerk initially?
(a) A good one.
(b) A marked one.
(d) A ripped one.
13. Where do Frank and Dick see many clothing stores in Chapter 5?
(a) Trafalgar Square.
(b) West Street.
(c) Chatham Street.
(d) Main Street.
14. What does the person who enters the bank while Dick hides claim is his name in Chapter 22?
(a) Randy Smith.
(b) Buffy Pollack.
(c) Dick Hunter.
(d) Travis Will.
15. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A two dollar bill.
(b) A ten dollar bill.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dick's neighbor across the hall in his boarding house?
2. What is missing from Dick's drawer in Chapter 21?
3. When Dick hides in the bank, who enters in Chapter 22?
4. What is the scam that Dick explains to Frank in Chapter 7?
5. What does Frank want to see in Chapter 9?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)