|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boot black that Dick helps with rent in Chapter 24?
2. Who sent Dick a letter that he reads in Chapter 25?
3. Who takes a fancy to Dick in Chapter 17?
4. What does Dick wear to work in Chapter 13?
(a) Shorts and tee shirt.
(b) A uniform.
(c) His new suit.
(d) A costume.
5. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
(a) To the ferry.
(b) To the St. Louis train station.
(c) To the New York City railroad terminal.
(d) To Greyson's class.
6. Who feels uncomfortable with the Greysons in Chapter 17?
7. Where does Dick sleep at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A rooming house.
(b) A wooden box with hay in it.
(c) A barn.
(d) A loft.
8. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
(a) One year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
9. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
10. Where does Frank live?
(a) In the country.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a school.
(d) In the city.
11. What does Dick report at the bank in Chapter 22?
(a) A stolen bank book.
(b) A stolen wallet.
(c) A stolen watch.
(d) A stolen ID.
12. What does Dick return in Chapter 15 to Mr. Greyson?
(a) His hat.
(b) His shoes.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) Fifteen cents.
13. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
(a) Tarbell residence.
(b) Greyson's house.
(c) Brookly ferry.
(d) Astor mansion.
14. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A two dollar bill.
(b) A ten dollar bill.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A gold coin.
15. Where does Dick sleep in Chapter 7?
(a) Underground Lair.
(b) Newsboys' Lodging House.
(c) Primary Zone.
(d) Main Street Landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who studies for two hours every evening in Chapter 18?
2. What is Dick's salary in Chapter 27?
3. What will the boot black give Dick in return for lodging?
4. Where does Dick accompany Henry in Chapter 26 on an errand for his employer?
5. If Frank lived in the city, what would he do for Dick?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)