|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Map store.
(c) Jewelry store.
(d) Hat shop.
2. What does Dick return in Chapter 15 to Mr. Greyson?
(a) Fifteen cents.
(b) His hat.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) His shoes.
3. Where is Dick invited to visit in a note in Chapter 26?
(a) Pearl Street.
(b) Winooski Street.
(c) Cliff Street.
(d) Main Street.
4. What does Frank buy Dick at a clothing store?
(a) A tie.
(b) A pair of pants.
(c) A cap.
(d) A shirt.
5. Where do Dick and Frank take a ferry to in Chapter 10?
6. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A two dollar bill.
7. What did the clerk do with the bills?
(a) Lost them.
(b) Stole them.
(c) Switched them.
(d) Locked them up.
8. What is the method of transportation that Frank and Dick take in the city in Chapter 9?
(a) Horse car.
9. What is identical on the bureau of Dick and that of his neighbor?
10. Where does Henry accompany Dick on Sunday in Chapter 16?
(a) To the St. Louis train station.
(b) To Greyson's class.
(c) To the ferry.
(d) To the New York City railroad terminal.
11. Where do Dick and Henry walk before Sunday school in Chapter 17?
(a) Greyson's house.
(b) Tarbell residence.
(c) Astor mansion.
(d) Brookly ferry.
12. Who is Dick's first customer?
13. Who searches Dick and Mark in Chapter 9?
(a) The priest.
(b) The conductor.
(c) The bookkeeper.
(d) The woman passenger.
14. What does Dick's neighbor say he is missing in Chapter 22?
(a) A watch.
(b) A pearl-handled knife.
(c) A pocketbook.
(d) A wallet.
15. What is Frank not impressed with in Chapter 10?
(a) The park under construction.
(b) Dick's lodging.
(c) The woman's excuses.
(d) The smell of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Dick returns with him to dry off and get new clothes in Chapter 26?
2. What does Frank want to see in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 15, Dick helps out ______________.
4. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
5. When the thief is caught, how long of a sentence does he receive in Chapter 22?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)