|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what building's roof do Dick and Frank go in order to have a good view of Wall Street?
(a) Central Park Hotel.
(b) Customs House.
(c) Newsboy Lodging.
(d) Astor House.
2. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
(a) It is counterfeit.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is marked.
(d) It is too little.
3. Who is Dick's first customer?
4. Who takes a fancy to Dick in Chapter 17?
5. Whom does Dick buy breakfast for in Chapter 2 of Ragged Dick?
6. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
(b) Pulling her skirt.
(c) Breaking her bag.
(d) Laughing at her.
7. Where does Frank return to in Chapter 10 with Dick because he is tired?
(a) Underground Lair.
(b) Newsboy Lodging.
(c) Astor House.
(d) Eiffel Tower.
8. Where does Frank live?
(a) In the city.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In the country.
(d) In a school.
9. Where does Dick point out the sights to Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) Little Five Points.
(c) Six Corners.
10. Who is Dick's neighbor across the hall in his boarding house?
11. How old was Dick when his mother died?
12. In Chapter 20, what happened to a boy's mother that propels Dick to help the boy?
(a) She died.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She passed out.
(d) She got pneumonia.
13. What is Dick's salary in Chapter 27?
(a) 50 dollars a week.
(b) 10 dollars a week.
(c) 100 dollars a week.
(d) 20 dollars a week.
14. Whom does Dick tell about what happened to the store clerk in Chapter 3?
15. Who offers Henry a recommendation that gets him a job in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person that is thankful to Dick for rescuing the person that fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
2. What kind of bill did Dick give the store clerk initially?
3. What did the store owner ultimately do to the store clerk?
4. Who returns to the store with Dick?
5. Where do Dick and Frank take a ferry to in Chapter 10?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)