|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picks up Dick and the person who fell off the ferry in Chapter 26?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A rowboat.
(c) A catamaran.
(d) A kayak.
2. Who takes a fancy to Dick in Chapter 17?
3. What is identical on the bureau of Dick and that of his neighbor?
4. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A nickel.
(b) A ten dollar bill.
(c) A two dollar bill.
(d) A gold coin.
5. To whom does Dick show a letter in Chapter 25?
6. Who insists that Dick returns with him to dry off and get new clothes in Chapter 26?
(c) Ferry captain.
(d) Child's father.
7. Why does the person Dick buys breakfast for in Chapter 2 hide in the doorway at the restaurant?
(a) To avoid a man.
(b) To not pay her bill.
(c) To not pay his bill.
(d) To be more attractive.
8. Who recognizes Dick at the bank in Chapter 22?
9. In Chapter 20, where is Henry working when he receives a raise?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Hat shop.
(c) Jewelry store.
(d) Map store.
10. What is the name that Dick asks the young man about while aboard the ferry in Chapter 11?
(a) Ephraim Smith.
(b) Mark Ruffalo.
(c) Dick Jones.
(d) Hiriam Bates.
11. Who falls in the water off the ferry and is rescued by Dick in Chapter 26?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A little boy.
(c) A litte girl.
(d) An old man.
12. Who is Dick's first customer?
13. Where does Dick point out the sights to Frank in Chapter 6?
(a) Little Five Points.
(c) Six Corners.
14. What is Dick offered in Chapter 27?
(a) A hair cut.
(b) A job.
(c) A car.
(d) A new flat.
15. Who offers Henry a recommendation that gets him a job in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the servant bring Dick to wear in Chapter 26?
2. On what building's roof do Dick and Frank go in order to have a good view of Wall Street?
3. Where does Dick take money out of to help Henry get a new job in Chapter 18?
4. What is Dick unable to read at the church in Chapter 17?
5. What does the woman traveling along with Dick and Mark accuse the boys of doing in Chapter 9?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)