Ragged Dick, Chapters 1-4
1. How does Dick earn money in Chapter 1 of Ragged Dick?
(a) Watering plants.
(b) Shining shoes.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Writing books.
2. Where does Dick sleep at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) A barn.
(b) A rooming house.
(c) A wooden box with hay in it.
(d) A loft.
3. Who is Dick's first customer?
4. Whom does Dick buy breakfast for in Chapter 2 of Ragged Dick?
5. Why does the person Dick buys breakfast for in Chapter 2 hide in the doorway at the restaurant?
(a) To avoid a man.
(b) To not pay her bill.
(c) To be more attractive.
(d) To not pay his bill.
6. Dick's second customer pays him with _____________.
(a) A ten dollar bill.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A two dollar bill.
(d) A gold coin.
7. What does the store clerk declare about the money to Dick?
(a) It is counterfeit.
(b) It is marked.
(c) It is too little.
(d) It is stolen.
This section contains 3,427 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)