|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Seven Years War take place?
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Social respectability.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(c) To impress and show up their peers.
(d) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As fathers.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As parents.
(d) As equals.
6. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
7. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
8. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(b) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(c) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(d) British are better in the marketplace.
9. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(a) More land.
(b) Needed equipment.
(c) Luxury goods.
10. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The parents.
(b) The matriarch.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
11. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(a) Conscientious objection.
12. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the mother.
(b) Individual desires of the father.
(c) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(d) Individual desires of the children.
13. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
14. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is illegal.
(b) It is encouraged.
(c) It is forbidden.
(d) It is commonplace.
15. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(d) Those engaged in colonial politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
4. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)