|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Ben Franklin.
2. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
(a) Head of a democracy.
(b) Limited monarchy.
(c) Equals within the family.
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
5. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed money to society.
(b) He owed charity to the poor.
(c) He owed service to society.
(d) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
2. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
3. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
4. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
5. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)