|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As an honor and privilege.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As a sacrifice and burden.
(d) As a right and responsibility.
2. What form of address came into general use in the late 18th century?
3. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
4. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
5. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) A utopian term or society's hope.
(b) A present condition of American life.
(c) A technical term of political theory.
(d) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who headed the revolutionary committee in Savannah, Georgia when the Revolution began?
2. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
3. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
4. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
5. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)