|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
2. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(a) A law suit.
(c) A death.
3. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
(a) James Allen.
(b) Owen Biddle.
(c) Israel Williams.
(d) Jeremy Belknap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
2. What contributed to America's economic troubles in the 1780s?
3. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
4. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)