|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A religious education.
(b) A liberal arts education.
(c) A science education.
(d) A legal education.
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Social respectability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Personal accountability.
3. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
4. By 1820, which territories had doubled the size of America?
(a) Louisiana and Mississippi.
(b) Florida and Alabama.
(c) Alabama and Mississippi.
(d) Florida and Louisiana.
5. What eventually became the sole criterion for the political worth of a person?
(a) Loyalty to the people.
(b) Loyalty to the administration.
(c) Loyalty to the state.
(d) Loyalty to the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defined modern politicians as "persons who have little, if any regard for the welfare of the republic unless immediately connected with . . . their own private pursuits"?
2. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
3. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
4. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
5. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)