|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Be indentured or go to school.
(c) Learn from a sibling.
(d) Learn from parents.
2. What did Leverett Saltonstall call "the great bond of civil society"?
(a) Individual conscience.
3. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
(a) William Henry Drayton.
(b) David Ramsey.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Moses Cooper.
4. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was pubically beaten.
(b) It was hanged.
(c) It was burned.
(d) It was buried.
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) Henry McCulloch.
(c) John Hancock.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
2. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
4. What was the highest class of British society called?
5. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)