|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(a) Farm equipment.
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As parents.
(b) As equals.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As mothers.
3. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
(a) He must be free from material and intellectual want.
(b) He must be a married man with good standing in the community.
(c) He must be a land owner and a church member.
(d) He must be a member of a political party and the militia.
4. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(d) Store owner.
5. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Moses Cooper.
(c) Josiah Quincy.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
2. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
3. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
4. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
5. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)