|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Freedom and dependency.
(b) Indentured and dependency.
(c) Freedom and religion.
(d) Tenant and dependency.
3. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
(a) Great Awakening.
(b) Religious Revolution.
(c) Puritan Petitions.
(d) Church's Decision.
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
(a) Thomas Hutchins.
(b) Thomas Hutton.
(c) Thomas Huxtible.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
5. How many American whiskey distilleries were there in 1830?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
2. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
4. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
5. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)