|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
2. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) Compatible personalities.
(c) A mutual acquaintance.
(d) Common interests.
3. What year was the Continental Congress?
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They used corporal punishment.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They took away their possessions.
5. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Edward Everett.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Parson Weems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
2. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
3. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
4. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
5. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)