|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) No one was responsible for them.
(b) The head of the household.
(c) The colonial government.
(d) They were responsible for themselves.
2. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
(a) Family networks.
(b) Outside investors.
3. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Daniel Moore.
(b) Henry Laurens.
(c) Thomas Hutchison.
(d) James Otis.
4. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
(a) As a blank slate.
(b) As moldable as clay.
(c) As useless and unformed.
(d) As foolish until educated.
5. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
(a) Joseph Addison.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Jonathan Mayhew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1787, who said America lacked cohesion?
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
3. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
4. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
5. In 1800, what percent of the American labor force was in farming?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)