|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(b) Righteous with values and morals.
(c) Free men with rights and liberties.
(d) Patriots with abilties and drives.
2. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(b) Individuals are socially equal.
(c) Individuals can never change class.
(d) Individuals can easily move between classes.
4. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
5. Where was the first county fair held?
(a) Berkshire County, Massachusetts.
(b) Escambia County, Rhode Island.
(c) Albany County, New York.
(d) Green County, Connecticut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
4. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)