|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) James Iredell.
(b) John Jebb.
(c) David Hume.
(d) Thomas Stone.
2. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
(a) John Locke.
(b) Landon Carter.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
4. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He lent it.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He borrowed it.
5. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was property.
(b) He was working his way up the ladder.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was a free agent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
2. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
3. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
4. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
5. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)