|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Extraordinary men.
(b) Educated men.
(c) Egotistical men.
(d) Politically powerful men.
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was a free agent.
(b) He was property.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was working his way up the ladder.
4. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
5. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Learn from a sibling.
(c) Be indentured or go to school.
(d) Learn from parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1820, which territories had doubled the size of America?
2. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
3. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
4. Who believed that each individual was responsible for his or her eternal salvation or damnation?
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)