|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
(b) Limited monarchy.
(c) Equals within the family.
(d) Head of a democracy.
2. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(a) Farm equipment.
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
(a) Jeremy Belknap.
(b) Robert Munsford.
(c) James Allen.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Personal accountability.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a sacrifice and burden.
(b) As an honor and privilege.
(c) As a profession and profit.
(d) As a right and responsibility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
2. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
3. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
4. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
5. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)