|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
2. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
(a) Richard Henry Lee.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) Algernon Sidney.
(d) John Criswell.
4. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By marrying into a higher social rank.
(d) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
5. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(b) Physical labor.
(c) Birth status.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
2. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)