|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an abomination.
(b) As an institution which needs legislation.
(c) As a necessary evil.
(d) As just another form of dependency.
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(b) Free men with rights and liberties.
(c) Righteous with values and morals.
(d) Patriots with abilties and drives.
3. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was the owner.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He borrowed it.
(d) He was a tenant.
4. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
(a) John Adams.
(b) William Henry Drayton.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) David Ramsey.
5. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
(b) A present condition of American life.
(c) A technical term of political theory.
(d) A utopian term or society's hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
2. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
3. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
4. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
5. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)