|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the Continental Congress?
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Jonathan Mayhew.
(d) Joseph Addison.
3. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(a) A death.
(c) A law suit.
4. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
5. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Liberty and independence.
(b) Counterculture and reorganization.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Peace and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
2. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. When did the first American Congress meet?
5. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)