|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
(a) That common people disrespected the gentry.
(b) That common people wanted to participate in government.
(c) That common people were striving to become gentry.
(d) That their wealth was dependent on common people.
2. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated controlling authority.
(b) They advocated honoring authority.
(c) They advocated disobeying authority.
(d) They advocated disavowing authority.
3. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
4. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
(d) . Republicanism.
5. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were independent.
(b) They were dependent.
(c) They were possessions.
(d) They were non-people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
2. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
3. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
4. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
5. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)