|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were dependent.
(b) They were non-people.
(c) They were possessions.
(d) They were independent.
2. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) Charles Carroll.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) George Mason.
(d) James Cheetham.
3. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
(a) That their wealth was dependent on common people.
(b) That common people wanted to participate in government.
(c) That common people disrespected the gentry.
(d) That common people were striving to become gentry.
4. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(b) Religious and emotional decisions.
(c) Political and social ideals.
(d) Moral and ethical issues.
5. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest class of British society called?
2. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
4. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
5. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)