|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was the Continental Congress?
2. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
3. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(c) The voters.
(d) The crown.
5. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
3. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
4. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)