|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) George Warner.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
3. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
4. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) John Locke.
(c) Jonathan Sewell.
(d) Thomas Paine.
5. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was pubically beaten.
(b) It was buried.
(c) It was hanged.
(d) It was burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
2. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
4. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
5. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)