|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A science education.
(b) A liberal arts education.
(c) A legal education.
(d) A religious education.
2. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Benjamin Robinson.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Charles Wilson Peale.
(d) Edmund Pendleton.
3. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(c) Store owner.
4. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Francis Grund.
(b) Edward Everett.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Theodore Sedgewick.
5. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
2. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
3. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
4. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)