|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) James Otis.
(b) Daniel Moore.
(c) Henry Laurens.
(d) Thomas Hutchison.
2. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can never change class.
(b) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(c) Individuals can easily move between classes.
(d) Individuals are socially equal.
4. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an abomination.
(b) As just another form of dependency.
(c) As an institution which needs legislation.
(d) As a necessary evil.
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
4. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)