|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
2. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Peace and order.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Counterculture and reorganization.
3. Who said, "the attracting force of universal love" existed in all people?
(a) William Sampson.
(b) George Cabot.
(c) Joel Barlow.
(d) William Channing.
4. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(b) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(c) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(d) British are better in the marketplace.
5. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) George Mason.
(c) James Cheetham.
(d) Charles Carroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What defined modern politicians as "persons who have little, if any regard for the welfare of the republic unless immediately connected with . . . their own private pursuits"?
2. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
3. When did the Seven Years War take place?
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)