|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Disinterested men.
(c) Men interested in politics.
(d) Men who care about society.
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Religious dissent.
(b) Conspicuous consumption.
(c) Ostentatious aristocracy.
(d) Pervasive equality.
4. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
(b) A utopian term or society's hope.
(c) A technical term of political theory.
(d) A present condition of American life.
5. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Peace and order.
(b) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(c) Liberty and independence.
(d) Counterculture and reorganization.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
2. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
3. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
4. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
5. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)