|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
(a) Sumptuary laws.
(b) Pecuniary laws.
(c) Monetary laws.
(d) Speculative laws.
2. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an abomination.
(b) As just another form of dependency.
(c) As an institution which needs legislation.
(d) As a necessary evil.
3. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
(a) Virture and charitable causes.
(b) Dedication to public service.
(c) A liberal arts education.
(d) Wealth and ease of life.
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Freedom from debt.
5. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(b) Counterculture and reorganization.
(c) Peace and order.
(d) Liberty and independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
3. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
4. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
5. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)