|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
2. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(a) Luxury goods.
(c) Needed equipment.
(d) More land.
3. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(b) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
(c) By supporting trade schools and farms.
(d) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
4. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Pervasive equality.
(b) Conspicuous consumption.
(c) Religious dissent.
(d) Ostentatious aristocracy.
5. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) George Mason.
(c) James Cheetham.
(d) Charles Carroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
2. In 1774 Philadelphia, what was the Philadelphia Committee of Nineteen?
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
4. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
5. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)