|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can easily move between classes.
(b) Individuals can never change class.
(c) Individuals are socially equal.
(d) Individuals belong to a particular class.
2. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
3. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(a) Store owner.
4. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(b) There would be plots against them.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) The finances to run their office.
5. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
2. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
3. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
4. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
5. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)