|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
2. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
(a) A poor Richard.
(b) An industrious Samuel.
(c) A wealthy William.
(d) A lucky Tom.
3. What form of address came into general use in the late 18th century?
4. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
(a) Civic organizations.
(b) The Quaker religion.
5. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(a) A law suit.
(d) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
2. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
3. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
4. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
5. When did the first American Congress meet?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)