|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Americans begin to call for the boycotting of British goods?
(a) When the Patriotic Society was formed.
(b) When artisans in Philadelphia won four city offices.
(c) When Mechanics Hall became a meeting place.
(d) When the Stamp Act was issued.
2. What did the revolutionaries mean when they said they supported equality?
(a) They supported equality of opportunity.
(b) They supported equal distribution of wealth.
(c) They supported equal education.
(d) They supported equal income.
3. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He lent it.
4. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) James Iredell.
(b) John Jebb.
(c) Thomas Stone.
(d) David Hume.
5. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about the irreligious "Wild Woods" of the Carolina back country?
2. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
3. Who believed progress and social harmony would result from the enlightened conclusion of the new American society?
4. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)