|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
2. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They used corporal punishment.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They took away their possessions.
3. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
(a) James Monroe.
(b) James Madison.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Martin Van Buren.
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(b) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(d) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
5. What did the revolutionaries mean when they said they supported equality?
(a) They supported equal income.
(b) They supported equality of opportunity.
(c) They supported equal education.
(d) They supported equal distribution of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
2. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
3. What eventually became the sole criterion for the political worth of a person?
4. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)