|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
2. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
(a) John Adams.
(b) William Henry Drayton.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) David Ramsey.
3. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It's a man-made contrivance.
(b) It's a necessary evil.
(c) It should be abolished.
(d) It should be obeyed.
4. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
(a) The right to vote.
(b) The right to own property.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) Legal documents.
5. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
2. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
3. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
4. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)