|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) Abraham Bishop.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) George Warner.
2. In 1774 Philadelphia, what was the Philadelphia Committee of Nineteen?
(a) A loyalist organization.
(b) A religious organization.
(c) A resistance organization.
(d) A trade organization.
3. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The matriarch.
(b) The parents.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
4. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Counterculture and reorganization.
(b) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(c) Liberty and independence.
(d) Peace and order.
5. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
(a) Robert Munsford.
(b) Jeremy Belknap.
(c) Samuel Cooper.
(d) Thomas Paine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
3. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
4. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
5. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)