|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Abraham Bishop.
(b) George Warner.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
3. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
(a) Landon Carter.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) John Locke.
4. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
5. Who wrote the book "The Patriots"?
(a) Jeremy Belknap.
(b) Robert Munsford.
(c) Israel Williams.
(d) Owen Biddle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
3. Who was the head of a colonial household?
4. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
5. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)