|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed service to society.
(b) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(c) He owed money to society.
(d) He owed charity to the poor.
2. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The great planters.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The local government.
(d) The patrons.
3. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Federalists.
(d) The Constitution.
4. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
(a) Tradition and necessity.
(b) Oppression and fear.
(c) Slavery and servitude.
(d) Increased productivity.
5. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
(a) George Warner.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
5. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)