|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Edmund Pendleton.
(b) Charles Wilson Peale.
(c) Daniel Dulagy.
(d) Benjamin Robinson.
2. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
(a) James Kent.
(b) George Cabot.
(c) Oliver Wolcott.
(d) Fisher Ames.
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a special gun.
4. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(d) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
5. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated honoring authority.
(b) They advocated disavowing authority.
(c) They advocated disobeying authority.
(d) They advocated controlling authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
2. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
5. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)