|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The parents.
(b) The matriarch.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) Joseph Addison.
(c) Lord Chesterfield.
(d) William Livingston.
3. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
4. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is illegal.
(b) It is encouraged.
(c) It is forbidden.
(d) It is commonplace.
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest class of British society called?
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
3. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
4. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
5. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)