|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As equals.
(c) As spouses.
(d) As parents.
2. What contributed to America's economic troubles in the 1780s?
(a) The absence of manufacturing.
(b) The end of the war.
(c) The establishment of a new government.
(d) The withdrawal of loyalist's monies.
3. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Edward Everett.
(b) Theodore Sedgewick.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Francis Grund.
4. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
5. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(b) British are better in the marketplace.
(c) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(d) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
2. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
3. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
4. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
5. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)