|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
(a) It held a political position.
(b) It was an arm of the crown.
(c) It persecuted different religions.
(d) It was separate from the government.
2. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(a) Physical labor.
(d) Birth status.
3. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) John Adams.
4. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
(a) Samuel Cooper.
(b) John Quincy Adams.
(c) Israel Williams.
(d) James Allen.
5. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
(a) As moldable as clay.
(b) As a blank slate.
(c) As useless and unformed.
(d) As foolish until educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
2. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
3. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
4. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
5. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)