|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
(a) John Quincy Adams.
(b) Samuel Cooper.
(c) Israel Williams.
(d) James Allen.
2. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are disposed to do good.
(b) That men are amoral.
(c) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(d) That men are disposed to do bad.
3. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(d) Conscientious objection.
4. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) George Washington.
(c) William Livingston.
(d) Joseph Addison.
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) Monarchial control.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A President.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
2. Who headed the revolutionary committee in Savannah, Georgia when the Revolution began?
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
4. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
5. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)