|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) No one was responsible for them.
(b) They were responsible for themselves.
(c) The head of the household.
(d) The colonial government.
2. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The patriarch.
(b) The parents.
(c) The oldest grandfather.
(d) The matriarch.
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Moses Cooper.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Josiah Quincy.
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
2. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
3. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)