|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the book "The Patriots"?
(a) Jeremy Belknap.
(b) Owen Biddle.
(c) Israel Williams.
(d) Robert Munsford.
2. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
3. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
(a) British merchant houses.
(b) Welsh merchant houses.
(c) Scottish merchant houses.
(d) Irish merchant houses.
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
(a) The Constitution.
(b) The Federalists.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
2. What contributed to America's economic troubles in the 1780s?
3. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
4. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
5. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)