|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He was the owner.
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He lent it.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He was a tenant.
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(b) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(c) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
2. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
3. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
4. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
5. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)