|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Social respectability.
(d) Personal accountability.
2. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
(a) Great Awakening.
(b) Puritan Petitions.
(c) Religious Revolution.
(d) Church's Decision.
3. What most alarmed the American colonial gentry of the 1760s and 1770s?
(a) That common people were striving to become gentry.
(b) That common people disrespected the gentry.
(c) That their wealth was dependent on common people.
(d) That common people wanted to participate in government.
4. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
(a) James Allen.
(b) Israel Williams.
(c) Samuel Cooper.
(d) John Quincy Adams.
5. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) George Warner.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
2. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
3. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
4. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)