|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(d) Farm equipment.
2. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) The right to vote.
(c) Legal documents.
(d) Religious freedom.
3. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
(a) Jeremy Belknap.
(b) Robert Munsford.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Samuel Cooper.
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They took them to court.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
5. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Ostentatious aristocracy.
(b) Conspicuous consumption.
(c) Pervasive equality.
(d) Religious dissent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
3. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
4. What year was the Continental Congress?
5. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)