|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Debating the cause before equals.
(b) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(d) Going to court.
2. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
(c) . Republicanism.
3. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
4. How did Baltimore, Norfolk, and Alexandria benefit from increased colonial marketing?
(a) They attracted more lucrative businesses.
(b) More money is spent in them.
(c) They became booming ports.
(d) They became destinations for immigrants.
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As equals.
(c) As parents.
(d) As spouses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
2. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
5. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)