|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
(a) There were much larger.
(b) They were much smaller.
(c) They were about the same size.
(d) They were worth more.
2. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
(a) James Kent.
(b) Oliver Wolcott.
(c) George Cabot.
(d) Fisher Ames.
3. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Daniel Dulagy.
(b) Charles Wilson Peale.
(c) Benjamin Robinson.
(d) Edmund Pendleton.
4. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
(a) Pecuniary laws.
(b) Sumptuary laws.
(c) Speculative laws.
(d) Monetary laws.
5. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
2. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
4. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)