|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
(a) The Federalists.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Constitution.
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Joseph Addison.
(c) Jonathan Mayhew.
(d) William Livingston.
3. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) Charles Carroll.
(c) George Mason.
(d) James Cheetham.
4. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Counterculture and reorganization.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Peace and order.
(d) Monarchy and enlightenment.
5. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
2. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
3. Whose Massachusetts family had done missionary work among the Indians?
4. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)