|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Moses Cooper.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Josiah Quincy.
2. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
3. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
4. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Benjamin Robinson.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Edmund Pendleton.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
5. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
(a) George Cabot.
(b) James Kent.
(c) Oliver Wolcott.
(d) Fisher Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
3. Who wrote the book "The Patriots"?
4. Who wrote about the irreligious "Wild Woods" of the Carolina back country?
5. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)