|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of address came into general use in the late 18th century?
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A constitutional government.
(c) Monarchial control.
(d) A standing army.
3. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(b) British are better in the marketplace.
(c) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(d) Americans are better in the marketplace.
4. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
(a) Outside investors.
(d) Family networks.
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) A mutual acquaintance.
(b) Common interests.
(c) Compatible personalities.
(d) A letter of introduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about the irreligious "Wild Woods" of the Carolina back country?
2. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
3. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
4. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)