|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the highest class of British society called?
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a uniform.
(b) Commission a special gun.
(c) Commission a house.
(d) Commission a portrait.
3. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
4. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
(a) James Allen.
(b) Israel Williams.
(c) Jeremy Belknap.
(d) Owen Biddle.
5. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) Charles Carroll.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) James Cheetham.
(d) George Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
2. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
3. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
4. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
5. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)