|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
(a) Thomas Huxtible.
(b) Thomas Hutchinson.
(c) Thomas Hutchins.
(d) Thomas Hutton.
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) Jonathan Mayhew.
(c) Joseph Addison.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
(b) . Republicanism.
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a house.
(b) Commission a uniform.
(c) Commission a special gun.
(d) Commission a portrait.
5. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
(a) Common people became land owners.
(b) Land was controlled by the government.
(c) There wasn't enough land.
(d) Land prices went up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
3. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
4. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
5. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)