|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
(a) John Locke.
(b) Jonathan Sewell.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Paine.
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Indentured and dependency.
(b) Freedom and dependency.
(c) Tenant and dependency.
(d) Freedom and religion.
3. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) Common interests.
(b) A mutual acquaintance.
(c) Compatible personalities.
(d) A letter of introduction.
4. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(a) Physical labor.
(b) Birth status.
5. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
(a) Land prices went up.
(b) Common people became land owners.
(c) There wasn't enough land.
(d) Land was controlled by the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
3. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
4. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
5. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)