|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are disposed to do good.
(b) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
(c) That men are disposed to do bad.
(d) That men are amoral.
2. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Disinterested men.
(b) Men who care about society.
(c) Men interested in politics.
(d) Wealthy men.
3. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Federalists.
4. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Resist tyranny.
(b) Fortify their defenses.
(c) Build their economy.
(d) Help the downtrodden.
5. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) They were responsible for themselves.
(b) The colonial government.
(c) No one was responsible for them.
(d) The head of the household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
2. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
3. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
4. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
5. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)