|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
3. What did conservatives say caused the degeneration of standards that were tainting America?
(a) The Federalists.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Constitution.
4. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
5. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
(a) 500 million acres.
(b) 700 million acres.
(c) 600 million acres.
(d) 400 million acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
4. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
5. Whose Massachusetts family had done missionary work among the Indians?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)