|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(a) Needed equipment.
(b) Luxury goods.
(d) More land.
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Joseph Addison.
(d) Jonathan Mayhew.
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He was the owner.
4. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Righteous with values and morals.
(b) Free men with rights and liberties.
(c) Patriots with abilties and drives.
(d) Fortunate with possessions and families.
5. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
2. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
3. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
4. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)