|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(b) Birth status.
(d) Physical labor.
2. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) William Burnet.
(b) James Logan.
(c) Andrew Hamilton.
(d) William Allen.
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As parents.
(c) As equals.
(d) As fathers.
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more kindness and compassion.
(b) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(c) With less free time and days off.
(d) With more brutality and humiliation.
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) A mutual acquaintance.
(c) Common interests.
(d) Compatible personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
2. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
3. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
4. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
5. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)