|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(b) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(d) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Hatred of politicians and the military.
(b) Love of country and home.
(c) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(d) Love of power and money.
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can never change class.
(b) Individuals are socially equal.
(c) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(d) Individuals can easily move between classes.
4. Who wrote about the irreligious "Wild Woods" of the Carolina back country?
(a) Charles Woodmason.
(b) Charles Masonward.
(c) Mason Woodward.
(d) Woodward Charleston.
5. What did John Locke write about the common moral sense of every man?
(a) That men are disposed to do good.
(b) That men are disposed to do bad.
(c) That men are amoral.
(d) That men must be taught what is good and bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)