|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(a) More land.
(b) Needed equipment.
(c) Luxury goods.
2. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
3. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
(a) It doubled every 10 years.
(b) It doubled every 5 years.
(c) It doubled every 15 years.
(d) It doubled every 20 years.
4. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
5. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
(a) To choose their own employment.
(b) To choose their own spouses.
(c) To be responsible for themselves.
(d) To strike out on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
2. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
4. What was the highest class of British society called?
5. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)