|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was a free agent.
(b) He was working his way up the ladder.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was property.
3. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the mother.
(b) Individual desires of the father.
(c) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(d) Individual desires of the children.
4. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He lent it.
(b) He was a tenant.
(c) He borrowed it.
(d) He was the owner.
5. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
2. Who said he didn't know how to keep America from "sliding down into the mire of democracy"?
3. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
4. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
5. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)