|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a surrogate religion for colonial Americans suspicious of traditional Christianity?
(a) The Quaker religion.
(d) Civic organizations.
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A science education.
(b) A legal education.
(c) A liberal arts education.
(d) A religious education.
3. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(b) British are better in the marketplace.
(c) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(d) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(b) A law suit.
(c) A death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose Massachusetts family had done missionary work among the Indians?
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
4. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
5. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)