|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
(a) It persecuted different religions.
(b) It was an arm of the crown.
(c) It held a political position.
(d) It was separate from the government.
2. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The local government.
(b) The patrons.
(c) The great planters.
(d) The merchants.
5. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
(a) As useless and unformed.
(b) As a blank slate.
(c) As foolish until educated.
(d) As moldable as clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
2. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
3. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
4. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
5. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)