|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Fair laws.
(b) Honest officials.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Political parties.
2. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the children.
(b) Individual desires of the father.
(c) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(d) Individual desires of the mother.
3. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
4. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated disobeying authority.
(b) They advocated disavowing authority.
(c) They advocated honoring authority.
(d) They advocated controlling authority.
5. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(b) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(c) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest class of British society called?
2. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
3. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
4. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
5. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)