|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) Monarchial control.
(c) A constitutional government.
(d) A standing army.
2. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(b) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(c) British are better in the marketplace.
(d) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
3. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(a) Farm equipment.
4. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
(a) Emulation spending.
(b) Speculative spending.
(c) Foolish spending.
(d) Recreational spending.
5. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(b) Peace and order.
(c) Liberty and independence.
(d) Counterculture and reorganization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
2. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
4. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
5. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)