|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
(a) With the captain.
(c) First class.
(d) With the crew.
2. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) William Keith.
(b) David Hume.
(c) William Gouch.
(d) Thomas Penn.
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a special gun.
(d) Commission a uniform.
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
2. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
4. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
5. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)