|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(c) Conscientious objection.
2. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) John Hancock.
(b) Henry McCulloch.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) Thomas Penn.
(b) William Gouch.
(c) David Hume.
(d) William Keith.
4. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
(a) There wasn't enough land.
(b) Land prices went up.
(c) Common people became land owners.
(d) Land was controlled by the government.
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) Monarchial control.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A constitutional government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
2. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
3. How was high office in colonial America considered?
4. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
5. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)