|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
(c) Outside investors.
(d) Family networks.
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Religious and emotional decisions.
(b) Political and social ideals.
(c) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(d) Moral and ethical issues.
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(c) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
4. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
5. How much land did the British victory over France in 1759-1763 open for speculation or settlement?
(a) 500 million acres.
(b) 400 million acres.
(c) 600 million acres.
(d) 700 million acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
5. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)