|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Resist tyranny.
(b) Help the downtrodden.
(c) Fortify their defenses.
(d) Build their economy.
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Disinterested men.
(b) Men who care about society.
(c) Men interested in politics.
(d) Wealthy men.
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were dependent.
(b) They were possessions.
(c) They were non-people.
(d) They were independent.
5. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
2. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)