|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(b) Individual desires of the father.
(c) Individual desires of the mother.
(d) Individual desires of the children.
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Tenant and dependency.
(b) Indentured and dependency.
(c) Freedom and dependency.
(d) Freedom and religion.
3. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
(a) Monetary laws.
(b) Sumptuary laws.
(c) Pecuniary laws.
(d) Speculative laws.
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(d) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
5. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The patrons.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The great planters.
(d) The local government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
2. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
3. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
4. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
5. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)