|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is commonplace.
(b) It is forbidden.
(c) It is encouraged.
(d) It is illegal.
2. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Educated men.
(b) Politically powerful men.
(c) Egotistical men.
(d) Extraordinary men.
3. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) More subject to revolution.
(b) More subject to corruption.
(c) Less subject to revolution.
(d) Less subject to corruption.
4. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A liberal arts education.
(b) A science education.
(c) A legal education.
(d) A religious education.
5. How did Baltimore, Norfolk, and Alexandria benefit from increased colonial marketing?
(a) More money is spent in them.
(b) They became booming ports.
(c) They became destinations for immigrants.
(d) They attracted more lucrative businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
2. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
3. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
4. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)