|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Daniel Moore.
(b) Thomas Hutchison.
(c) Henry Laurens.
(d) James Otis.
2. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
(a) Monetary laws.
(b) Sumptuary laws.
(c) Speculative laws.
(d) Pecuniary laws.
3. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were possessions.
(b) They were independent.
(c) They were non-people.
(d) They were dependent.
4. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) Common interests.
(b) A mutual acquaintance.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) Compatible personalities.
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) Monarchial control.
(b) A President.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A constitutional government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
3. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
4. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
5. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)