|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
(a) He must be free from material and intellectual want.
(b) He must be a land owner and a church member.
(c) He must be a married man with good standing in the community.
(d) He must be a member of a political party and the militia.
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a special gun.
(b) Commission a uniform.
(c) Commission a portrait.
(d) Commission a house.
3. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
4. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
(a) An industrious Samuel.
(b) A lucky Tom.
(c) A poor Richard.
(d) A wealthy William.
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As equals.
(b) As spouses.
(c) As children.
(d) As parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
2. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)