|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Jonathan Sewell.
(d) John Locke.
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a right and responsibility.
(b) As a sacrifice and burden.
(c) As an honor and privilege.
(d) As a profession and profit.
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) William Keith.
(b) William Gouch.
(c) Thomas Penn.
(d) David Hume.
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Social respectability.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
2. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
3. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
4. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
5. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)