|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
(a) To choose their own employment.
(b) To choose their own spouses.
(c) To be responsible for themselves.
(d) To strike out on their own.
2. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
(a) With the captain.
(b) With the crew.
(d) First class.
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As equals.
(b) As parents.
(c) As mothers.
(d) As fathers.
4. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Henry Laurens.
(b) Thomas Hutchison.
(c) Daniel Moore.
(d) James Otis.
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He didn't believe in the military.
(b) He wasn't a gentleman.
(c) He didn't have enough money.
(d) He felt he should be a general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
2. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
3. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
4. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
5. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)