|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) Common interests.
(b) A mutual acquaintance.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) Compatible personalities.
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Righteous with values and morals.
(b) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(c) Free men with rights and liberties.
(d) Patriots with abilties and drives.
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was working his way up the ladder.
(b) He was property.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was a free agent.
4. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(d) Those engaged in colonial politics.
5. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
2. What was the highest class of British society called?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
4. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
5. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)