|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was commonly manufactured in enormous quantities by the farming population?
(d) Farm equipment.
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(b) Needed equipment.
(c) Luxury goods.
(d) More land.
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(d) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
5. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It's a necessary evil.
(b) It should be abolished.
(c) It's a man-made contrivance.
(d) It should be obeyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
4. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
5. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)