|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
(a) In a diary.
(b) In a book.
(c) In a series of lectures.
(d) In a series of newspaper articles.
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) More subject to corruption.
(b) Less subject to corruption.
(c) Less subject to revolution.
(d) More subject to revolution.
5. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(b) There would be plots against them.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) The finances to run their office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
4. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
5. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)