|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(d) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was the owner.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He was a tenant.
4. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
(a) Foolish spending.
(b) Recreational spending.
(c) Speculative spending.
(d) Emulation spending.
5. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Peace and order.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Counterculture and reorganization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
2. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)