|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
(a) Luxury goods.
(b) More land.
(d) Needed equipment.
2. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated honoring authority.
(b) They advocated disobeying authority.
(c) They advocated disavowing authority.
(d) They advocated controlling authority.
3. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
(a) There wasn't enough land.
(b) Land prices went up.
(c) Land was controlled by the government.
(d) Common people became land owners.
4. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The finances to run their office.
(b) The collapse of the government.
(c) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(d) There would be plots against them.
5. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
4. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
5. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)