|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(b) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(c) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(d) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Love of power and money.
(b) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(c) Hatred of politicians and the military.
(d) Love of country and home.
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He wasn't a gentleman.
(c) He didn't believe in the military.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
5. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Political and social ideals.
(b) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(c) Moral and ethical issues.
(d) Religious and emotional decisions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
2. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
3. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
4. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)