|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
2. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(a) Physical labor.
(d) Birth status.
3. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Liberty and independence.
(b) Peace and order.
(c) Counterculture and reorganization.
(d) Monarchy and enlightenment.
4. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
5. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Resist tyranny.
(b) Help the downtrodden.
(c) Build their economy.
(d) Fortify their defenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
2. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
3. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
4. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
5. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)