|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He was the owner.
2. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(c) Retail trade.
(d) Use of oaths.
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(c) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(d) Common people no longer felt inferior.
5. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Henry Laurens.
(b) Daniel Moore.
(c) Thomas Hutchison.
(d) James Otis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
2. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
3. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
5. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)