|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
2. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
3. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Indentured and dependency.
(b) Tenant and dependency.
(c) Freedom and religion.
(d) Freedom and dependency.
4. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Egotistical men.
(b) Extraordinary men.
(c) Educated men.
(d) Politically powerful men.
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(b) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(c) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(d) Common people no longer felt inferior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
4. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
5. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)