|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a sacrifice and burden.
(b) As an honor and privilege.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As a profession and profit.
2. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The finances to run their office.
(b) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) There would be plots against them.
3. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The patrons.
(b) The great planters.
(c) The merchants.
(d) The local government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
3. What was the highest class of British society called?
4. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
5. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)