|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) John Hancock.
(d) Henry McCulloch.
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(b) To give honor where honor is due.
(c) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(d) To impress and show up their peers.
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He lent it.
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He wasn't a gentleman.
(b) He didn't believe in the military.
(c) He didn't have enough money.
(d) He felt he should be a general.
5. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Patriots with abilties and drives.
(b) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(c) Free men with rights and liberties.
(d) Righteous with values and morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)