|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As parents.
(c) As equals.
(d) As fathers.
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A legal education.
(b) A religious education.
(c) A liberal arts education.
(d) A science education.
3. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(b) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
(c) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(d) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
4. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Educated men.
(b) Extraordinary men.
(c) Politically powerful men.
(d) Egotistical men.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a right and responsibility.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As an honor and privilege.
(d) As a sacrifice and burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
4. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
5. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)