|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Personal accountability.
(d) Social respectability.
2. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Honest officials.
(b) Political parties.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Fair laws.
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
5. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
(b) With the captain.
(c) First class.
(d) With the crew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
4. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
5. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)