|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) British are better in the marketplace.
(b) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(c) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(d) Americans are better in the marketplace.
2. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
3. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
4. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A constitutional government.
(c) A standing army.
(d) Monarchial control.
5. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Counterculture and reorganization.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Peace and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
4. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
5. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)