|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(b) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(c) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(d) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
2. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(a) Use of oaths.
(d) Retail trade.
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
(a) He must be a land owner and a church member.
(b) He must be a married man with good standing in the community.
(c) He must be free from material and intellectual want.
(d) He must be a member of a political party and the militia.
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As parents.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As equals.
(d) As fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
2. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
3. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
4. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
5. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)