|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A standing army.
(c) Monarchial control.
(d) A constitutional government.
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He borrowed it.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He lent it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
2. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
3. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
4. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)