|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can easily move between classes.
(b) Individuals are socially equal.
(c) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(d) Individuals can never change class.
3. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
(a) They were worth more.
(b) There were much larger.
(c) They were much smaller.
(d) They were about the same size.
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more brutality and humiliation.
(b) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(c) With more kindness and compassion.
(d) With less free time and days off.
5. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an abomination.
(b) As just another form of dependency.
(c) As an institution which needs legislation.
(d) As a necessary evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)