|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The finances to run their office.
(b) There would be plots against them.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) A standing army.
(c) A President.
(d) Monarchial control.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(c) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(d) To impress and show up their peers.
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more brutality and humiliation.
(b) With more kindness and compassion.
(c) With less free time and days off.
(d) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
5. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) The colonial government.
(b) No one was responsible for them.
(c) The head of the household.
(d) They were responsible for themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
5. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)