|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Moral and ethical issues.
(b) Religious and emotional decisions.
(c) Political and social ideals.
(d) Scientific and historic discoveries.
3. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The local government.
(b) The great planters.
(c) The patrons.
(d) The merchants.
4. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) Compatible personalities.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) Common interests.
(d) A mutual acquaintance.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The voters.
(c) The crown.
(d) Other officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
2. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
4. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)