|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) James Logan.
(b) William Burnet.
(c) Andrew Hamilton.
(d) William Allen.
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As equals.
(b) As children.
(c) As parents.
(d) As spouses.
3. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated disobeying authority.
(b) They advocated honoring authority.
(c) They advocated controlling authority.
(d) They advocated disavowing authority.
4. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
(a) Righteous with values and morals.
(b) Fortunate with possessions and families.
(c) Patriots with abilties and drives.
(d) Free men with rights and liberties.
5. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
(a) Ignored it.
(b) Didn't accept it.
(c) Asked for it.
(d) Welcomed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
2. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
3. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
4. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)