|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(b) British are better in the marketplace.
(c) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(d) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(b) The voters.
(d) The crown.
3. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(c) Store owner.
4. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
(a) The right to vote.
(b) Legal documents.
(c) The right to own property.
(d) Religious freedom.
5. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(c) Going to court.
(d) Debating the cause before equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
2. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
3. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
5. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)