|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Be indentured or go to school.
(c) Learn from parents.
(d) Learn from a sibling.
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) Monarchial control.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A constitutional government.
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He lent it.
4. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A legal education.
(b) A liberal arts education.
(c) A religious education.
(d) A science education.
5. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
2. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
5. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)