|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Resist tyranny.
(b) Build their economy.
(c) Help the downtrodden.
(d) Fortify their defenses.
2. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
3. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was hanged.
(c) It was pubically beaten.
(d) It was buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
2. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
3. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)