|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the highest class of British society called?
2. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
3. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) William Allen.
(b) James Logan.
(c) William Burnet.
(d) Andrew Hamilton.
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They took them to court.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They used corporal punishment.
(d) They took away their possessions.
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The patriarch.
(b) The parents.
(c) The matriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
4. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
5. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)