|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) William Burnet.
(b) James Logan.
(c) Andrew Hamilton.
(d) William Allen.
2. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The matriarch.
(b) The patriarch.
(c) The oldest grandfather.
(d) The parents.
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They used corporal punishment.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They took them to court.
4. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) William Keith.
(b) Thomas Penn.
(c) David Hume.
(d) William Gouch.
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) A mutual acquaintance.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) Compatible personalities.
(d) Common interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
2. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
3. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)