|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Liberty and independence.
(b) Counterculture and reorganization.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Peace and order.
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) A President.
(c) Monarchial control.
(d) A standing army.
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was property.
(b) He was the lowest class of society.
(c) He was a free agent.
(d) He was working his way up the ladder.
4. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The patriarch.
(b) The matriarch.
(c) The parents.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
5. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Moral and ethical issues.
(b) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(c) Religious and emotional decisions.
(d) Political and social ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
2. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
3. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
4. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
5. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)