|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As spouses.
(b) As children.
(c) As parents.
(d) As equals.
2. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(b) With more kindness and compassion.
(c) With less free time and days off.
(d) With more brutality and humiliation.
3. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(d) Conscientious objection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
4. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)