|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) Andrew Hamilton.
(b) William Allen.
(c) William Burnet.
(d) James Logan.
2. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
(a) A wealthy William.
(b) A poor Richard.
(c) An industrious Samuel.
(d) A lucky Tom.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To impress and show up their peers.
(b) To give honor where honor is due.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To solicit money for polictical causes.
4. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Benjamin Robinson.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Edmund Pendleton.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
5. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
2. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
5. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)