|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To impress and show up their peers.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To solicit money for polictical causes.
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(a) Use of oaths.
(d) Retail trade.
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) Other officials.
(c) The voters.
(d) The crown.
5. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed service to society.
(b) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(c) He owed charity to the poor.
(d) He owed money to society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
4. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
5. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)