|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The patrons.
(c) The great planters.
(d) The local government.
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) Monarchial control.
(b) A standing army.
(c) A President.
(d) A constitutional government.
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(b) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(c) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(d) The upper class no longer felt superior.
4. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
5. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Be indentured or go to school.
(c) Learn from a sibling.
(d) Learn from parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
3. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
4. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
5. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)