|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He was the owner.
2. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The oldest grandfather.
(b) The matriarch.
(c) The parents.
(d) The patriarch.
3. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
4. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)