|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an institution which needs legislation.
(b) As just another form of dependency.
(c) As an abomination.
(d) As a necessary evil.
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) William Keith.
(b) David Hume.
(c) William Gouch.
(d) Thomas Penn.
4. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
5. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
3. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
4. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
5. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)