|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(d) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
3. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more brutality and humiliation.
(b) With more kindness and compassion.
(c) With less free time and days off.
(d) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
4. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As fathers.
(b) As parents.
(c) As mothers.
(d) As equals.
5. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Honest officials.
(b) Money for good causes.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Fair laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
3. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)