|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He lent it.
(b) He was a tenant.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He borrowed it.
2. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
(a) A lucky Tom.
(b) A poor Richard.
(c) An industrious Samuel.
(d) A wealthy William.
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) John Hancock.
(b) Henry McCulloch.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a uniform.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a portrait.
(d) Commission a special gun.
5. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed service to society.
(b) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(c) He owed money to society.
(d) He owed charity to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
3. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)