|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(d) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
2. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
3. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(b) By marrying into a higher social rank.
(c) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(d) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
4. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He borrowed it.
(d) He lent it.
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Daniel Dulagy.
(b) Edmund Pendleton.
(c) Benjamin Robinson.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
2. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
3. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)