|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(b) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(d) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
2. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
3. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) Other officials.
(c) The crown.
(d) The voters.
4. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated honoring authority.
(b) They advocated disavowing authority.
(c) They advocated disobeying authority.
(d) They advocated controlling authority.
5. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were dependent.
(b) They were possessions.
(c) They were non-people.
(d) They were independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
4. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
5. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)