|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The voters.
(b) Other officials.
(c) The crown.
2. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(b) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(c) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(d) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
3. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As a sacrifice and burden.
(c) As an honor and privilege.
(d) As a right and responsibility.
4. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Edmund Pendleton.
(b) Benjamin Robinson.
(c) Daniel Dulagy.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
5. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) James Otis.
(b) Thomas Hutchison.
(c) Henry Laurens.
(d) Daniel Moore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
3. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
4. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)