|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As equals.
(b) As parents.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As mothers.
4. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(b) To impress and show up their peers.
(c) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(d) To give honor where honor is due.
5. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
(a) Independent congregation supported churches.
(b) Denominationally supported churches.
(c) Organizational and society supported churches.
(d) Centralized state supported churches.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
2. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
3. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
5. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)