|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Thomas Hutchison.
(b) James Otis.
(c) Daniel Moore.
(d) Henry Laurens.
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
(a) Organizational and society supported churches.
(b) Independent congregation supported churches.
(c) Denominationally supported churches.
(d) Centralized state supported churches.
4. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) No one was responsible for them.
(b) The colonial government.
(c) The head of the household.
(d) They were responsible for themselves.
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The matriarch.
(b) The parents.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
5. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)