|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(b) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
(c) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(d) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Money for good causes.
(b) Fair laws.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Honest officials.
3. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As a sacrifice and burden.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) Common interests.
(b) A mutual acquaintance.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) Compatible personalities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
2. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
3. What was the highest class of British society called?
4. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)