|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is encouraged.
(b) It is illegal.
(c) It is commonplace.
(d) It is forbidden.
3. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was the owner.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He borrowed it.
4. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a right and responsibility.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As a sacrifice and burden.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
5. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated controlling authority.
(b) They advocated disavowing authority.
(c) They advocated honoring authority.
(d) They advocated disobeying authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
2. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
3. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
4. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)