|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
(a) A mutual acquaintance.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) Compatible personalities.
(d) Common interests.
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Henry Laurens.
(b) James Otis.
(c) Daniel Moore.
(d) Thomas Hutchison.
3. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
4. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was working his way up the ladder.
(b) He was a free agent.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was property.
5. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
(a) Thomas Penn.
(b) William Gouch.
(c) David Hume.
(d) William Keith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
4. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
5. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)