|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
2. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was the owner.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He borrowed it.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To impress and show up their peers.
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
(b) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(d) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a special gun.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
5. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)