|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated disavowing authority.
(b) They advocated honoring authority.
(c) They advocated controlling authority.
(d) They advocated disobeying authority.
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As spouses.
(b) As parents.
(c) As children.
(d) As equals.
3. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Edmund Pendleton.
(b) Benjamin Robinson.
(c) Daniel Dulagy.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
4. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was working his way up the ladder.
(b) He was the lowest class of society.
(c) He was a free agent.
(d) He was property.
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
2. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
3. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)