|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Tenant and dependency.
(b) Freedom and dependency.
(c) Freedom and religion.
(d) Indentured and dependency.
2. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(b) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(c) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(d) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
(a) It kept them satisfied.
(b) It kept them submissive.
(c) It kept them industrious.
(d) It kept them subjected.
5. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(d) By marrying into a higher social rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
2. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
3. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
4. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)