|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was a free agent.
(b) He was property.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was working his way up the ladder.
2. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was pubically beaten.
(c) It was buried.
(d) It was hanged.
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
2. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
4. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)