|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more kindness and compassion.
(b) With more brutality and humiliation.
(c) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(d) With less free time and days off.
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As spouses.
(b) As equals.
(c) As children.
(d) As parents.
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(a) Physical labor.
(c) Birth status.
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can never change class.
(b) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(c) Individuals are socially equal.
(d) Individuals can easily move between classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
5. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)