|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
2. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As just another form of dependency.
(b) As a necessary evil.
(c) As an abomination.
(d) As an institution which needs legislation.
3. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He lent it.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He borrowed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
3. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
4. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
5. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)