|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(b) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
(c) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
(d) By supporting trade schools and farms.
3. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were possessions.
(b) They were dependent.
(c) They were independent.
(d) They were non-people.
4. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
(a) Centralized state supported churches.
(b) Independent congregation supported churches.
(c) Organizational and society supported churches.
(d) Denominationally supported churches.
5. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
3. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
5. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)