|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was the owner.
(b) He was a tenant.
(c) He borrowed it.
(d) He lent it.
2. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated disavowing authority.
(b) They advocated controlling authority.
(c) They advocated disobeying authority.
(d) They advocated honoring authority.
3. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
4. What was the highest class of British society called?
5. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
(b) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
(c) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(d) By supporting trade schools and farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
2. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
5. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)