|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He borrowed it.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He was a tenant.
(d) He lent it.
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Indentured and dependency.
(b) Tenant and dependency.
(c) Freedom and dependency.
(d) Freedom and religion.
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A constitutional government.
(c) A standing army.
(d) Monarchial control.
5. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated controlling authority.
(b) They advocated honoring authority.
(c) They advocated disavowing authority.
(d) They advocated disobeying authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
2. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
3. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)