|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
(a) Denominationally supported churches.
(b) Organizational and society supported churches.
(c) Centralized state supported churches.
(d) Independent congregation supported churches.
2. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) They were responsible for themselves.
(b) The colonial government.
(c) The head of the household.
(d) No one was responsible for them.
3. What was the highest class of British society called?
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(b) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(c) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(d) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
5. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(a) Use of oaths.
(d) Retail trade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
2. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
5. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)