|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The matriarch.
(b) The oldest grandfather.
(c) The parents.
(d) The patriarch.
2. What was the highest class of British society called?
3. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(b) Individuals can easily move between classes.
(c) Individuals are socially equal.
(d) Individuals can never change class.
4. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
(a) They advocated disavowing authority.
(b) They advocated honoring authority.
(c) They advocated disobeying authority.
(d) They advocated controlling authority.
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As parents.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
3. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
4. What did the original American colonists pride themselves as being?
5. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)