|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
(a) By demonstrating and possessing qualifications for new rank.
(b) By replacing someone of a higher rank.
(c) By marrying into a higher social rank.
(d) By earning money and buying status for the new rank.
2. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He borrowed it.
(d) He lent it.
3. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(b) By supporting trade schools and farms.
(c) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
(d) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
2. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
4. What kind of colonial churches dominated the first third of the 18th century?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)