|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
2. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(c) Use of oaths.
(d) Retail trade.
3. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The oldest grandfather.
(b) The parents.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The matriarch.
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were possessions.
(b) They were independent.
(c) They were dependent.
(d) They were non-people.
5. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is forbidden.
(b) It is commonplace.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is encouraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
3. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What was the highest class of British society called?
5. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)