|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Going to court.
(b) Debating the cause before equals.
(c) Distributing the truth in printed form.
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was the lowest class of society.
(b) He was property.
(c) He was a free agent.
(d) He was working his way up the ladder.
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Tenant and dependency.
(b) Freedom and religion.
(c) Indentured and dependency.
(d) Freedom and dependency.
5. Who in colonial America had the best opportunity to become wealthy?
(a) Those engaged in supplying goods to the colonists.
(b) Those engaged in overseas commerce.
(c) Those engaged in colonial politics.
(d) Those engaged in selling arms in the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
2. What did colonial religious sects have in common?
3. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
4. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
5. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)