|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He borrowed it.
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Debating the cause before equals.
(c) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(d) Going to court.
3. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were dependent.
(b) They were possessions.
(c) They were non-people.
(d) They were independent.
5. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They took away their possessions.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
3. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
4. How could a person be mobile in colonial society?
5. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)