|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He was the owner.
(c) He lent it.
(d) He borrowed it.
2. What was the highest level of knowledge of a trade in colonial America?
3. What was the colonial role in the renewed Anglo-French warfare in the 1750s?
(a) They supplied manpower and resources to England.
(b) They supplied manpower and resources to France.
(c) They supplied no manpower or resources to any country.
(d) They had no manpower or resources to supply to any country.
4. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
(a) Individuals can easily move between classes.
(b) Individuals belong to a particular class.
(c) Individuals can never change class.
(d) Individuals are socially equal.
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As spouses.
(b) As equals.
(c) As children.
(d) As parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
2. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
3. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
4. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)