|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Going to court.
(c) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(d) Debating the cause before equals.
2. What was the primary nationality of the American colonists?
3. What was the highest class of British society called?
4. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
5. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(b) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(c) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(d) Common people no longer felt inferior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
2. How are people regarded in a hierarchical society?
3. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. What relationship did the American farmer have with the land he worked?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)