|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They wished it were abolished.
(c) They hoped it will continue.
(d) They had no attachment to it.
2. What relationship did the British farmer have with the land he worked?
(a) He was a tenant.
(b) He lent it.
(c) He was the owner.
(d) He borrowed it.
3. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
(b) First class.
(c) With the captain.
(d) With the crew.
4. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
5. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A science education.
(b) A liberal arts education.
(c) A legal education.
(d) A religious education.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
2. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
4. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
5. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)