|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Tenant and dependency.
(b) Freedom and dependency.
(c) Freedom and religion.
(d) Indentured and dependency.
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Josiah Quincy.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
4. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
(d) . Republicanism.
5. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) Joseph Addison.
(c) George Washington.
(d) William Livingston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
3. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
5. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)