|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) William Wollaston.
(c) Lord Chesterfield.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(b) There would be plots against them.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) The finances to run their office.
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) Moses Cooper.
(b) Thomas Hutchinson.
(c) Josiah Quincy.
(d) David Ramsey.
4. What eventually became the sole criterion for the political worth of a person?
(a) Loyalty to the state.
(b) Loyalty to the party.
(c) Loyalty to the administration.
(d) Loyalty to the people.
5. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
(a) Landon Carter.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) John Locke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
2. What was the most radical ideology initiated by the Revolution?
3. What year was the Continental Congress?
4. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)