|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
(a) John Locke.
(b) Landon Carter.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) William Wollaston.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
4. What was another name for colonial commoners?
5. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Theodore Sedgewick.
(b) Francis Grund.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Edward Everett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of laws were proposed in colonial America to curb spending?
2. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
4. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
5. Who wrote "Common Sense"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)