|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
2. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(a) A law suit.
(c) A death.
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
(a) It kept them subjected.
(b) It kept them submissive.
(c) It kept them industrious.
(d) It kept them satisfied.
4. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
3. What were the religious upheavals in the colonies eventually called?
4. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)