|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
2. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
(a) Samuel Cooper.
(b) Israel Williams.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) James Allen.
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. When did the Seven Years War take place?
5. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the mother.
(b) Individual desires of the father.
(c) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(d) Individual desires of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
2. Who was the head of a colonial household?
3. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
4. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
5. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)