|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) George Warner.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
2. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
(b) A present condition of American life.
(c) A utopian term or society's hope.
(d) A technical term of political theory.
3. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) Thomas Stone.
(b) John Jebb.
(c) David Hume.
(d) James Iredell.
4. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
5. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
2. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
3. Who wrote about the irreligious "Wild Woods" of the Carolina back country?
4. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
5. Who called traditional ties of a monarchical society "bonds of blood, family, and personal influence"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)