|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They hoped it will continue.
(c) They wished it were abolished.
(d) They had no attachment to it.
2. Which President said, "Parties would always exist"?
(a) James Madison.
(b) James Monroe.
(c) John Quincy Adams.
(d) Martin Van Buren.
3. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) Thomas Stone.
(b) James Iredell.
(c) David Hume.
(d) John Jebb.
4. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
5. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
(a) With the crew.
(b) With the captain.
(d) First class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
2. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
3. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
4. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
5. What was another name for colonial commoners?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)