|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Jonathan Mayhew.
(d) Joseph Addison.
3. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
4. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To impress and show up their peers.
(b) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(c) To give honor where honor is due.
(d) To solicit money for polictical causes.
5. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
(a) Counterculture and reorganization.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(d) Peace and order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
2. In 1774 Philadelphia, what was the Philadelphia Committee of Nineteen?
3. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
4. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
5. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)