|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A science education.
(b) A religious education.
(c) A legal education.
(d) A liberal arts education.
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As equals.
(b) As fathers.
(c) As parents.
(d) As mothers.
3. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
4. What eventually became the sole criterion for the political worth of a person?
(a) Loyalty to the party.
(b) Loyalty to the people.
(c) Loyalty to the administration.
(d) Loyalty to the state.
5. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) George Warner.
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) Abraham Bishop
Short Answer Questions
1. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
2. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
3. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
4. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
5. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)