|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in colonial America when Connecticut tried to annex Pennsylvania?
(b) A death.
(c) A law suit.
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As parents.
(c) As equals.
(d) As fathers.
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed charity to the poor.
(b) He owed service to society.
(c) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(d) He owed money to society.
4. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Benjamin Robinson.
(b) Daniel Dulagy.
(c) Edmund Pendleton.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
3. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. How much were the first congressmen and senators paid per day of service?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)