|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As parents.
(b) As equals.
(c) As children.
(d) As spouses.
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was buried.
(b) It was burned.
(c) It was pubically beaten.
(d) It was hanged.
4. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
5. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is illegal.
(b) It is forbidden.
(c) It is commonplace.
(d) It is encouraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
2. Towards the middle of the 18th century, how fast was the American population growing?
3. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
4. Who said that "Benevolence is the Cement and Support of . . . the Great Community of mankind"?
5. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)