|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They hoped it will continue.
(c) They wished it were abolished.
(d) They had no attachment to it.
2. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(b) Individual desires of the mother.
(c) Individual desires of the children.
(d) Individual desires of the father.
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) Moses Cooper.
(b) David Ramsey.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Josiah Quincy.
4. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As a right and responsibility.
(c) As a sacrifice and burden.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
2. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
3. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
4. Who identified the source of the revolution as the dissolution of family authority?
5. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)