|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(b) Individual desires of the mother.
(c) Individual desires of the father.
(d) Individual desires of the children.
2. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Daniel Dulagy.
(b) Benjamin Robinson.
(c) Charles Wilson Peale.
(d) Edmund Pendleton.
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(b) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(c) Common people no longer felt inferior.
(d) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
(a) He must be free from material and intellectual want.
(b) He must be a married man with good standing in the community.
(c) He must be a land owner and a church member.
(d) He must be a member of a political party and the militia.
5. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
2. What happened in colonial America when more and more people demanded land?
3. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
5. What spending trend in colonial America did social conservatives condemn?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)