|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
(a) In a series of lectures.
(b) In a series of newspaper articles.
(c) In a book.
(d) In a diary.
2. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(b) The collapse of the government.
(c) The finances to run their office.
(d) There would be plots against them.
3. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They wished it were abolished.
(b) They had great respect for it.
(c) They hoped it will continue.
(d) They had no attachment to it.
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) The crown.
(c) The voters.
(d) Other officials.
5. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
(a) Thomas Hutchison.
(b) Henry Laurens.
(c) Daniel Moore.
(d) James Otis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Americans begin to call for the boycotting of British goods?
2. When did the first American Congress meet?
3. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
4. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)