|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As parents.
(c) As equals.
(d) As spouses.
2. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
3. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) Less subject to revolution.
(b) More subject to revolution.
(c) Less subject to corruption.
(d) More subject to corruption.
4. Who bought the small planters tobacco crops rather than taking them on consignment?
(a) British merchant houses.
(b) Welsh merchant houses.
(c) Irish merchant houses.
(d) Scottish merchant houses.
5. Who resigned from Congress in 1778 because he did not feel he could be a good Congressman because of necessity he was also compelled to practice law?
(a) James Iredell.
(b) Thomas Stone.
(c) David Hume.
(d) John Jebb.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
3. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
4. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
5. When was the Virgina constitution written?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)