|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
(a) William Burnet.
(b) James Logan.
(c) William Allen.
(d) Andrew Hamilton.
2. When did the first American Congress meet?
3. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(b) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(c) British are better in the marketplace.
(d) Americans are better in the marketplace.
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) Less subject to corruption.
(b) Less subject to revolution.
(c) More subject to revolution.
(d) More subject to corruption.
5. In 1774 Philadelphia, what was the Philadelphia Committee of Nineteen?
(a) A loyalist organization.
(b) A resistance organization.
(c) A trade organization.
(d) A religious organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
2. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
3. When was the Virgina constitution written?
4. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
5. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)