|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more kindness and compassion.
(b) With less free time and days off.
(c) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(d) With more brutality and humiliation.
2. What was democracy considered in the 18th century?
(a) An impossible accomplishment to be dismissed.
(b) A technical term of political theory.
(c) A present condition of American life.
(d) A utopian term or society's hope.
3. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Help the downtrodden.
(b) Fortify their defenses.
(c) Build their economy.
(d) Resist tyranny.
4. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As parents.
(c) As spouses.
(d) As equals.
5. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
2. During the war against France, what did farmers buy after they sold their surplus to the British troops?
3. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
4. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
5. In 1774 Philadelphia, what was the Philadelphia Committee of Nineteen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)