|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He didn't have enough money.
(c) He wasn't a gentleman.
(d) He didn't believe in the military.
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The voters.
(c) The crown.
(d) Other officials.
3. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
4. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an institution which needs legislation.
(b) As a necessary evil.
(c) As an abomination.
(d) As just another form of dependency.
5. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(c) Birth status.
(d) Physical labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
2. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
3. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
4. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
5. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)