|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Charles Wilson Peale.
(b) Edmund Pendleton.
(c) Daniel Dulagy.
(d) Benjamin Robinson.
3. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
4. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The parents.
(b) The patriarch.
(c) The matriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A President.
(b) A constitutional government.
(c) Monarchial control.
(d) A standing army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
3. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
4. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
5. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)