|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Politically powerful men.
(b) Egotistical men.
(c) Educated men.
(d) Extraordinary men.
2. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Men interested in politics.
(b) Wealthy men.
(c) Men who care about society.
(d) Disinterested men.
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(a) Retail trade.
(b) Use of oaths.
4. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(c) Debating the cause before equals.
(d) Going to court.
5. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Love of power and money.
(b) Hatred of politicians and the military.
(c) Love of country and home.
(d) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
2. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
3. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
4. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
5. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)