|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He didn't believe in the military.
(b) He felt he should be a general.
(c) He didn't have enough money.
(d) He wasn't a gentleman.
4. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
(a) Religious freedom.
(b) The right to own property.
(c) The right to vote.
(d) Legal documents.
5. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was working his way up the ladder.
(b) He was the lowest class of society.
(c) He was a free agent.
(d) He was property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
3. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)