|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They used corporal punishment.
(b) They took them to court.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They threathened disinheritance.
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Political and social ideals.
(b) Moral and ethical issues.
(c) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(d) Religious and emotional decisions.
3. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The merchants.
(b) The local government.
(c) The patrons.
(d) The great planters.
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a special gun.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a portrait.
5. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Extraordinary men.
(b) Educated men.
(c) Politically powerful men.
(d) Egotistical men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
2. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
3. What percentage of southern colonists were aristocrats?
4. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
5. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)