|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was hanged.
(b) It was buried.
(c) It was pubically beaten.
(d) It was burned.
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Love of country and home.
(b) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(c) Love of power and money.
(d) Hatred of politicians and the military.
3. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
4. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) The colonial government.
(b) They were responsible for themselves.
(c) No one was responsible for them.
(d) The head of the household.
5. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(b) The finances to run their office.
(c) The collapse of the government.
(d) There would be plots against them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
2. Who vigorously denounced the Stamp Act riots in 1765?
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
4. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)