|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
(a) Distributing the truth in printed form.
(b) Debating the cause before equals.
(d) Going to court.
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As parents.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As equals.
4. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Political and social ideals.
(b) Religious and emotional decisions.
(c) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(d) Moral and ethical issues.
5. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
(a) Hatred of dependence and oppression.
(b) Hatred of politicians and the military.
(c) Love of country and home.
(d) Love of power and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
2. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)