|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
2. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
3. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(c) Physical labor.
(d) Birth status.
4. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The collapse of the government.
(b) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(c) There would be plots against them.
(d) The finances to run their office.
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(c) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
2. What did Ben Franklin identify as the central political problems of his time?
3. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
4. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)