|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Learn from a sibling.
(c) Learn from parents.
(d) Be indentured or go to school.
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a special gun.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a portrait.
(d) Commission a uniform.
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They took them to court.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
4. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(b) Store owner.
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Social respectability.
(b) Freedom from debt.
(c) Personal accountability.
(d) Stable family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
2. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
3. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
4. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)