|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(c) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(d) To impress and show up their peers.
2. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A science education.
(b) A religious education.
(c) A legal education.
(d) A liberal arts education.
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was buried.
(c) It was hanged.
(d) It was pubically beaten.
4. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
5. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Disinterested men.
(b) Men interested in politics.
(c) Men who care about society.
(d) Wealthy men.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
3. In colonial America, what was a self-made man called?
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)