|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Liberty and independence.
(b) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(c) Counterculture and reorganization.
(d) Peace and order.
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was the lowest class of society.
(b) He was a free agent.
(c) He was property.
(d) He was working his way up the ladder.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(b) To impress and show up their peers.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To give honor where honor is due.
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
2. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
3. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)