|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Counterculture and reorganization.
(b) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(c) Liberty and independence.
(d) Peace and order.
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was burned.
(b) It was pubically beaten.
(c) It was buried.
(d) It was hanged.
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was working his way up the ladder.
(b) He was the lowest class of society.
(c) He was property.
(d) He was a free agent.
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They used corporal punishment.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They took away their possessions.
5. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
2. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
3. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
4. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
5. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)