|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most radical change brought about by the Revolution?
(a) Common people had the same opportunities as the upper class.
(b) The upper class no longer felt superior.
(c) The upper class must share their status with commoners.
(d) Common people no longer felt inferior.
2. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Counterculture and reorganization.
(d) Peace and order.
3. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
(a) The local government.
(b) The merchants.
(c) The patrons.
(d) The great planters.
4. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
(a) The collapse of the government.
(b) There would be conspiracies agains the people they govern.
(c) The finances to run their office.
(d) There would be plots against them.
5. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
Short Answer Questions
1. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
3. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
4. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)