|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
(a) A liberal arts education.
(b) A science education.
(c) A religious education.
(d) A legal education.
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Social respectability.
(d) Personal accountability.
3. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) A standing army.
(c) A President.
(d) Monarchial control.
4. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By supporting trade schools and farms.
(b) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
(c) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(d) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
5. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an abomination.
(b) As a necessary evil.
(c) As just another form of dependency.
(d) As an institution which needs legislation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
2. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
3. What was another name for colonial commoners?
4. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
5. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)