|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As children.
(b) As spouses.
(c) As parents.
(d) As equals.
2. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
(a) Wealthy men.
(b) Disinterested men.
(c) Men who care about society.
(d) Men interested in politics.
3. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were possessions.
(b) They were independent.
(c) They were dependent.
(d) They were non-people.
4. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A constitutional government.
(b) Monarchial control.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A President.
5. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Daniel Dulagy.
(b) Edmund Pendleton.
(c) Charles Wilson Peale.
(d) Benjamin Robinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
2. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
3. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
4. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
5. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)