|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To give honor where honor is due.
(b) To impress and show up their peers.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To solicit money for polictical causes.
2. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They took them to court.
(b) They threathened disinheritance.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
3. What was Philadelphia's approximate population in 1760?
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He didn't believe in the military.
(b) He wasn't a gentleman.
(c) He felt he should be a general.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
5. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(b) Physical labor.
(d) Birth status.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
2. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
3. What were colonial American rulers always concerned about regarding their positions?
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. Who must yield power for a government to be good?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)