|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
(a) Monarchy and enlightenment.
(b) Liberty and independence.
(c) Peace and order.
(d) Counterculture and reorganization.
2. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He wasn't a gentleman.
(c) He didn't believe in the military.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
3. Historically, what kinds of men are guilty for all wars and tyrannies?
(a) Educated men.
(b) Extraordinary men.
(c) Politically powerful men.
(d) Egotistical men.
4. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
(a) He must be a member of a political party and the militia.
(b) He must be a married man with good standing in the community.
(c) He must be a land owner and a church member.
(d) He must be free from material and intellectual want.
5. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(a) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
2. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
3. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
4. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)