|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for colonial commoners?
2. In colonial America, who was rescued from poverty as a fourteen-year-old boy, only to become one of Virginia's most distinguished leaders?
(a) Edmund Pendleton.
(b) Benjamin Robinson.
(c) Daniel Dulagy.
(d) Charles Wilson Peale.
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was pubically beaten.
(b) It was buried.
(c) It was hanged.
(d) It was burned.
4. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
5. At the middle of the 18th century, what did many revolutionary leaders feel the colonies still needed?
(a) A standing army.
(b) A President.
(c) Monarchial control.
(d) A constitutional government.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
2. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
3. In colonial America, what was the ultimate means of defending one's honor?
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)