|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
2. What was the ideology of the Enlightenment?
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
(a) It kept them industrious.
(b) It kept them submissive.
(c) It kept them satisfied.
(d) It kept them subjected.
4. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To impress and show up their peers.
(b) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(c) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(d) To give honor where honor is due.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The voters.
(c) The crown.
(d) Other officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
2. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
3. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
4. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)