|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be privately tutored.
(b) Learn from a sibling.
(c) Be indentured or go to school.
(d) Learn from parents.
2. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
(a) Retail trade.
(c) Use of oaths.
3. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
(b) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
(c) By supporting trade schools and farms.
(d) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
4. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) Less subject to corruption.
(b) More subject to revolution.
(c) Less subject to revolution.
(d) More subject to corruption.
5. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They took them to court.
(c) They took away their possessions.
(d) They used corporal punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
2. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
3. What did Republicans hold as extremely important?
4. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
5. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)