|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of northern colonists were aristocrats?
2. What was another name for colonial gentlemen?
3. What is one way republicans are different from monarchists?
(a) More subject to corruption.
(b) More subject to revolution.
(c) Less subject to corruption.
(d) Less subject to revolution.
4. What characteristic separated patricians from plebeians?
(a) Physical labor.
(b) Birth status.
5. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
(a) They were responsible for themselves.
(b) No one was responsible for them.
(c) The head of the household.
(d) The colonial government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
2. What was the main consideration for a colonial man to be considered a gentleman?
3. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
4. In the American colonies, what was the euphemistic name for every kind of personal connection, even if inherently unequal?
5. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)