|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Freedom from debt.
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As fathers.
(b) As equals.
(c) As parents.
(d) As mothers.
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a house.
(b) Commission a special gun.
(c) Commission a portrait.
(d) Commission a uniform.
5. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As spouses.
(b) As children.
(c) As equals.
(d) As parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
2. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
3. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
4. In colonial America, who were the protectors and creditors of common farmers?
5. What did classical republican ideals lay the foundation for?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)