|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Freedom from debt.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Social respectability.
3. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
(a) It kept them satisfied.
(b) It kept them industrious.
(c) It kept them subjected.
(d) It kept them submissive.
4. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
5. What did the colonial American courts treat more seriously than violent acts?
Short Answer Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
2. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
3. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
4. When meeting someone new in colonial America, what was required for confidence in dealing with that person?
5. Who was an important patron of Ben Franklin?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)