|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What circumstance was unknown in small scale colonial American society?
2. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They used corporal punishment.
(b) They took away their possessions.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They threathened disinheritance.
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a special gun.
(b) Commission a portrait.
(c) Commission a house.
(d) Commission a uniform.
4. What percentage of 18th century colonial Americans were employed in farming?
5. What would eventually secure the people's right to participate in government?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) Legal documents.
(c) Religious freedom.
(d) The right to vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ben Franklin was a boy, what important man discussed books with him?
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. In colonial America, what were the aristocracy allowed to engage in that they weren't allowed in Britain?
5. Why was poverty considered a virtue for common colonial people?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)