Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 18th century, what did the golden age of Roman literature speak about?
(a) Moral and ethical issues.
(b) Scientific and historic discoveries.
(c) Religious and emotional decisions.
(d) Political and social ideals.
2. What was another name for colonial commoners?
3. Who wrote the "Spirit of Laws" in 1748?
4. How did colonial gentry demonstrate virtue?
(a) By righteous behavior and virtuous living.
(b) By church attendance and charitable contributions.
(c) By supporting trade schools and farms.
(d) By consuming enough to employ the commoners.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The crown.
(b) The voters.
(c) Other officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
2. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
3. Who was the head of a colonial household?
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
5. What did monarchists hold as extremely important?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)