|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Seven Years War take place?
2. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(c) Store owner.
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They threathened disinheritance.
(b) They used corporal punishment.
(c) They took them to court.
(d) They took away their possessions.
4. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
(a) In a series of lectures.
(b) In a diary.
(c) In a series of newspaper articles.
(d) In a book.
5. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
(a) It was buried.
(b) It was pubically beaten.
(c) It was hanged.
(d) It was burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
3. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
4. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
5. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)