|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As an institution which needs legislation.
(b) As an abomination.
(c) As just another form of dependency.
(d) As a necessary evil.
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Joseph Addison.
(b) Jonathan Mayhew.
(c) William Livingston.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
4. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
5. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
(a) George Washington.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Joseph Addison.
(d) Jonathan Mayhew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
2. What year was the Continental Congress?
3. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
5. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)