|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is encouraged.
(b) It is commonplace.
(c) It is forbidden.
(d) It is illegal.
2. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
(a) As parents.
(b) As equals.
(c) As children.
(d) As spouses.
3. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
(a) They took them to court.
(b) They used corporal punishment.
(c) They threathened disinheritance.
(d) They took away their possessions.
4. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It should be obeyed.
(b) It should be abolished.
(c) It's a man-made contrivance.
(d) It's a necessary evil.
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) Ben Franklin.
(c) Henry McCulloch.
(d) John Hancock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
3. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)