|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was property.
(b) He was a free agent.
(c) He was working his way up the ladder.
(d) He was the lowest class of society.
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a right and responsibility.
(b) As an honor and privilege.
(c) As a sacrifice and burden.
(d) As a profession and profit.
3. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
(b) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(c) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(d) British are better in the marketplace.
4. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
(a) They were non-people.
(b) They were independent.
(c) They were possessions.
(d) They were dependent.
5. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
(a) It persecuted different religions.
(b) It was an arm of the crown.
(c) It was separate from the government.
(d) It held a political position.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke for and was responsible for servants, slaves, and tenants?
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
4. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)