|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
(a) A liberal arts education.
(b) Wealth and ease of life.
(c) Virture and charitable causes.
(d) Dedication to public service.
2. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As fathers.
(c) As parents.
(d) As equals.
3. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(a) Conscientious objection.
4. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) George Washington.
(c) William Livingston.
(d) Joseph Addison.
5. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) Lord Chesterfield.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally in colonial America, how were gentlemen to treat inferiors and subordinates?
2. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
3. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
4. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)