|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(b) To impress and show up their peers.
(c) To give honor where honor is due.
(d) To solicit money for polictical causes.
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Political parties.
(b) Honest officials.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Fair laws.
3. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Personal accountability.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Social respectability.
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
(a) Thomas Hutchins.
(b) Thomas Huxtible.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Thomas Hutton.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(c) The crown.
(d) The voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
4. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
5. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)