|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Resist tyranny.
(b) Fortify their defenses.
(c) Build their economy.
(d) Help the downtrodden.
3. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
4. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As equals.
(b) As parents.
(c) As mothers.
(d) As fathers.
5. Who was the head of a colonial household?
(a) The matriarch.
(b) The parents.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The oldest grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
2. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
3. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
5. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)