|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
2. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
(a) With more brutality and humiliation.
(b) With more kindness and compassion.
(c) With fewer accommodations and conveniences.
(d) With less free time and days off.
4. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Fortify their defenses.
(b) Help the downtrodden.
(c) Resist tyranny.
(d) Build their economy.
5. Whose Massachusetts family had done missionary work among the Indians?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) Lord Chesterfield.
(c) Jonathan Mayhew.
(d) Joseph Addison.
Short Answer Questions
1. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
2. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
5. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)