|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Thomas Paine.
2. How could a colonial adolescent master a particular skill or learn a discipline?
(a) Be indentured or go to school.
(b) Learn from a sibling.
(c) Learn from parents.
(d) Be privately tutored.
3. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
(a) They were much smaller.
(b) There were much larger.
(c) They were worth more.
(d) They were about the same size.
4. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Joseph Addison.
5. Who had an international reputation as a hero in the 1780s?
(a) John Adams.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
2. How did John Locke view a child's mind?
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)