|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious belief did Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin hold?
2. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) Joseph Addison.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Lord Chesterfield.
(d) Jonathan Mayhew.
3. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
(a) Individual desires of the children.
(b) Individual desires of the head of the household.
(c) Individual desires of the father.
(d) Individual desires of the mother.
4. How did the grandest colonial American estates compare to traditional British estates?
(a) They were about the same size.
(b) There were much larger.
(c) They were worth more.
(d) They were much smaller.
5. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They wished it were abolished.
(c) They hoped it will continue.
(d) They had no attachment to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
2. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
3. How did Colonel Landon Carter express his confusion about child rearing in colonial society?
4. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
5. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)