|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, how did parents view their power as parents?
(b) Equals within the family.
(c) Limited monarchy.
(d) Head of a democracy.
2. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
(a) Virture and charitable causes.
(b) Dedication to public service.
(c) Wealth and ease of life.
(d) A liberal arts education.
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a special gun.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a house.
4. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) Lord Chesterfield.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Thomas Paine.
5. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
4. What percent of the American colonial population was poor?
5. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)