|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
(a) To choose their own employment.
(b) To choose their own spouses.
(c) To be responsible for themselves.
(d) To strike out on their own.
2. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) Lord Chesterfield.
(c) Thomas Paine.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. Who argued that Britain was an unnatural parent?
4. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
(a) Ignored it.
(b) Asked for it.
(c) Welcomed it.
(d) Didn't accept it.
5. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They had great respect for it.
(b) They wished it were abolished.
(c) They had no attachment to it.
(d) They hoped it will continue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
4. Whose Massachusetts family had done missionary work among the Indians?
5. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)