|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
(a) He was a free agent.
(b) He was working his way up the ladder.
(c) He was the lowest class of society.
(d) He was property.
2. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
(a) Thomas Paine.
(b) William Wollaston.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is encouraged.
(b) It is forbidden.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is commonplace.
4. Whose play "Cato" taught George Washington what it meant to be liberal and virtuous?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) Joseph Addison.
(c) Lord Chesterfield.
(d) Jonathan Mayhew.
5. How did non-English colonial Americans feel about the monarchy?
(a) They wished it were abolished.
(b) They hoped it will continue.
(c) They had no attachment to it.
(d) They had great respect for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
2. Where was Ben Franklin quartered when he sailed to England in 1724?
3. What year was the Continental Congress?
4. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
5. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)