|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It's a necessary evil.
(b) It should be obeyed.
(c) It should be abolished.
(d) It's a man-made contrivance.
2. Who wrote "The Religion of Nature Delineated"?
(a) William Wollaston.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
3. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
(a) Wealth and ease of life.
(b) A liberal arts education.
(c) Dedication to public service.
(d) Virture and charitable causes.
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Personal accountability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Social respectability.
5. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(b) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(c) To give honor where honor is due.
(d) To impress and show up their peers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. In colonial America, what were women considered from a legal standpoint?
4. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
5. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)