|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Freedom and religion.
(b) Freedom and dependency.
(c) Indentured and dependency.
(d) Tenant and dependency.
2. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
(a) Conscientious objection.
3. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As fathers.
(b) As mothers.
(c) As equals.
(d) As parents.
4. Historically, what do good Englishmen do?
(a) Help the downtrodden.
(b) Fortify their defenses.
(c) Build their economy.
(d) Resist tyranny.
5. What did John Adams consider to be the main mark of a gentleman?
(a) A liberal arts education.
(b) Wealth and ease of life.
(c) Dedication to public service.
(d) Virture and charitable causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head of a colonial household?
2. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
3. In colonial America, what outweighed the concern for family lineage?
4. When did the Seven Years War take place?
5. Who said America, "hath a blank sheet to write upon"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)