|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The crown.
(b) The voters.
(c) Other officials.
2. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
(a) It's a necessary evil.
(b) It's a man-made contrivance.
(c) It should be obeyed.
(d) It should be abolished.
3. How was the Anglican church part of politics in Britain?
(a) It persecuted different religions.
(b) It held a political position.
(c) It was separate from the government.
(d) It was an arm of the crown.
4. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is forbidden.
(b) It is commonplace.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is encouraged.
5. How were superiors, magistrates, and masters to be honored?
(a) As mothers.
(b) As parents.
(c) As fathers.
(d) As equals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were those who opposed the Anglican church called?
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
3. Who said, "We see with other eyes; we hear with other ears"?
4. How were domestic servants treated in colonial America as compared to Europe at that same time?
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)