|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
(a) Joseph Addison.
(b) William Livingston.
(c) Jonathan Mayhew.
(d) George Washington.
2. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Money for good causes.
(b) Political parties.
(c) Fair laws.
(d) Honest officials.
3. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Thomas Paine.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Lord Chesterfield.
4. Concerning the marketplace, how did colonial American and British aristocracy differ?
(a) British are involved in the marketplace while Americans are not
(b) British are better in the marketplace.
(c) Americans are better in the marketplace.
(d) Americans are involved in the marketplace while British are not.
5. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ben Franklin say about government?
2. Who rejected "ancient prejudices" that supported hereditary monarchy?
3. What was the status of an indentured servant in colonial America?
4. How did fathers among colonial gentry control their adult children?
5. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)