|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 18th century, what replaced whipping and execution as penal codes?
2. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He didn't believe in the military.
(b) He felt he should be a general.
(c) He wasn't a gentleman.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
3. How was intermarriage and inbreeding looked upon by colonial gentry?
(a) It is commonplace.
(b) It is encouraged.
(c) It is illegal.
(d) It is forbidden.
4. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Political parties.
(b) Honest officials.
(c) Fair laws.
(d) Money for good causes.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a right and responsibility.
(b) As a sacrifice and burden.
(c) As an honor and privilege.
(d) As a profession and profit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Within the colonial family unit, what right did adult children demand?
2. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
3. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
4. What characteristic of their heritage did colonial Americans in New England cling to?
5. How did the American colonies react to the intrusion of royal authority in 1763?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)