|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said America was "just emerging from the rude unpolished condition of an infant country"?
(a) Jonathan Mayhew.
(b) Joseph Addison.
(c) George Washington.
(d) William Livingston.
2. What supported the colonial southern plantations that made networks of influence unnecessary?
(a) Family networks.
(c) Outside investors.
3. In colonial America, which pairs of words were "opposites and irreconcilable"?
(a) Tenant and dependency.
(b) Indentured and dependency.
(c) Freedom and dependency.
(d) Freedom and religion.
4. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As an honor and privilege.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As a sacrifice and burden.
5. How did colonial Americans look on black slavery?
(a) As a necessary evil.
(b) As an abomination.
(c) As an institution which needs legislation.
(d) As just another form of dependency.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Seven Years War take place?
2. In colonial America, what was absent between centralized and local authorities?
3. Who was governor of Massachusetts during the Boston Tea Party?
4. The "Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation" was a key document for which man?
5. Who said that the mind could be cultivated like a garden?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)