|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) Charles Carroll.
(b) George Mason.
(c) James Cheetham.
(d) William Livingston.
2. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
3. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Personal accountability.
(d) Stable family life.
4. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a sacrifice and burden.
(b) As a right and responsibility.
(c) As a profession and profit.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
2. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
3. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
4. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
5. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)