|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) George Warner.
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
2. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
3. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
(a) Parson Weems.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Edward Everett.
4. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a uniform.
(c) Commission a special gun.
(d) Commission a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
4. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
5. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)