|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(b) Store owner.
2. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Henry McCulloch.
(b) Thomas Hutchinson.
(c) Ben Franklin.
(d) John Hancock.
3. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
(a) George Warner.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
4. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He didn't believe in the military.
(c) He wasn't a gentleman.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
5. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Moses Cooper.
(c) John Adams.
(d) William Henry Drayton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
2. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
3. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
4. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
5. When was the Virgina constitution written?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)