|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
(a) Slavery and servitude.
(b) Tradition and necessity.
(c) Increased productivity.
(d) Oppression and fear.
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Stable family life.
(b) Freedom from debt.
(c) Social respectability.
(d) Personal accountability.
3. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) William Henry Drayton.
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(b) The crown.
(c) The voters.
5. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
(a) Algernon Sidney.
(b) John Robinson.
(c) Richard Henry Lee.
(d) John Criswell.
Short Answer Questions
1. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
2. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
4. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
5. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)