|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Thomas Hutchinson.
(d) Henry McCulloch.
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Stable family life.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Personal accountability.
(d) Freedom from debt.
3. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
(a) Tradition and necessity.
(b) Slavery and servitude.
(c) Increased productivity.
(d) Oppression and fear.
4. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
2. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
3. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
4. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
5. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)