|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) William Livingston.
(b) Charles Carroll.
(c) James Cheetham.
(d) George Mason.
2. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a house.
(b) Commission a special gun.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a portrait.
4. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Abraham Bishop.
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) George Warner.
5. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Francis Grund.
(b) Theodore Sedgewick.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Edward Everett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
2. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
3. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
4. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
5. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)