|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
2. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(a) Store owner.
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(b) He owed service to society.
(c) He owed money to society.
(d) He owed charity to the poor.
4. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Freedom from debt.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Stable family life.
(d) Personal accountability.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
2. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
3. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
4. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
5. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)