|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Abraham Bishop.
(b) George Warner.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
2. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) Josiah Quincy.
(c) David Ramsey.
(d) Moses Cooper.
3. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
4. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Theodore Sedgewick.
(b) Edward Everett.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Francis Grund.
5. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Fair laws.
(b) Political parties.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Honest officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was high office in colonial America considered?
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
4. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
5. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)