|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Theodore Sedgewick.
(b) Francis Grund.
(c) Micheal Chevalier.
(d) Edward Everett.
2. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
(a) Moses Cooper.
(b) William Henry Drayton.
(c) John Adams.
(d) David Ramsey.
3. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Henry McCulloch.
(d) Ben Franklin.
4. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Ostentatious aristocracy.
(b) Pervasive equality.
(c) Religious dissent.
(d) Conspicuous consumption.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As an honor and privilege.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As a sacrifice and burden.
Short Answer Questions
1. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
3. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
4. When was the Virgina constitution written?
5. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)