|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) George Mason.
(b) James Cheetham.
(c) William Livingston.
(d) Charles Carroll.
2. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
3. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
(a) Algernon Sidney.
(b) John Criswell.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) Richard Henry Lee.
4. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Political parties.
(b) Honest officials.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Fair laws.
5. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Abraham Bishop.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
2. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
3. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
4. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
5. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)