|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
(a) Ben Franklin.
(b) John Hancock.
(c) Henry McCulloch.
(d) Thomas Hutchinson.
2. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
3. When was the Virgina constitution written?
4. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a portrait.
(b) Commission a uniform.
(c) Commission a house.
(d) Commission a special gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
2. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
3. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
4. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
5. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)