|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) William Henry Drayton.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) John Adams.
2. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
3. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
(a) Abraham Bishop.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) George Warner.
(d) William Drayton.
4. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) George Warner.
5. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a uniform.
(b) Commission a house.
(c) Commission a portrait.
(d) Commission a special gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
2. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
3. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
4. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
5. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)