|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
2. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
(a) Parson Weems.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Benjamin Rush.
(d) Edward Everett.
3. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He didn't believe in the military.
(c) He didn't have enough money.
(d) He wasn't a gentleman.
4. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Fair laws.
(b) Money for good causes.
(c) Political parties.
(d) Honest officials.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a profession and profit.
(b) As a sacrifice and burden.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
2. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
3. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
4. When was the Virgina constitution written?
5. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)