|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) The crown.
(c) The voters.
(d) Other officials.
2. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
(c) Store owner.
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
(a) Fair laws.
(b) Honest officials.
(c) Money for good causes.
(d) Political parties.
4. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) George Warner.
5. How was high office in colonial America considered?
(a) As a sacrifice and burden.
(b) As a profession and profit.
(c) As a right and responsibility.
(d) As an honor and privilege.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
2. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
3. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
4. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
5. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)