|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
(a) Moses Cooper.
(b) David Ramsey.
(c) John Adams.
(d) William Henry Drayton.
2. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
(a) Charles Carroll.
(b) George Mason.
(c) William Livingston.
(d) James Cheetham.
3. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
4. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
(a) George Warner.
(b) Abraham Bishop
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
5. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
(a) Increased productivity.
(b) Oppression and fear.
(c) Slavery and servitude.
(d) Tradition and necessity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
3. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
4. How was high office in colonial America considered?
5. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)