|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
2. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Religious dissent.
(b) Pervasive equality.
(c) Ostentatious aristocracy.
(d) Conspicuous consumption.
3. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) George Warner.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) Matthew Lyon.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
4. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) David Ramsey.
(b) Thomas Hutchinson.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) Josiah Quincy.
5. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
(a) Francis Grund.
(b) Micheal Chevalier.
(c) Edward Everett.
(d) Theodore Sedgewick.
Short Answer Questions
1. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
2. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
3. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
4. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
5. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)