|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) George Warner.
(c) William Drayton.
(d) Abraham Bishop.
2. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(b) The crown.
(c) Other officials.
(d) The voters.
3. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
(b) He owed service to society.
(c) He owed charity to the poor.
(d) He owed money to society.
4. Who became the richest man in Gloucester, R.I., just a few years before the revolution?
(a) Thomas Hutchinson.
(b) David Ramsey.
(c) Moses Cooper.
(d) Josiah Quincy.
5. When was the Virgina constitution written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
2. Before the revolution, what was labor associated with?
3. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
4. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
5. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)