|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
2. What was the main source of instability and anxiety in revolutionary America?
(a) Religious dissent.
(b) Pervasive equality.
(c) Ostentatious aristocracy.
(d) Conspicuous consumption.
3. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
4. In colonial America, a person who didn't have to work for a living still held what responsibility?
(a) He owed service to society.
(b) He owed money to society.
(c) He owed charity to the poor.
(d) He owed jobs to the unemployed.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(b) The crown.
(d) The voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
4. In the late 1760s, who dismissed people's right to participate in government if they didn't have a liberal arts education?
5. What sail maker spoke for all industrious working men in 1797?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)