|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1790s, who proclaimed that every man and woman in every society ought to work?
(a) Parson Weems.
(b) Edward Everett.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Benjamin Rush.
2. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(b) To give honor where honor is due.
(c) To impress and show up their peers.
(d) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
3. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
(a) Matthew Lyon.
(b) William Drayton.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Abraham Bishop
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Stable family life.
(b) Social respectability.
(c) Personal accountability.
(d) Freedom from debt.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) The crown.
(b) The voters.
(c) Other officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
2. How was high office in colonial America considered?
3. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
4. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
5. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)