|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
(a) Richard Henry Lee.
(b) John Criswell.
(c) John Robinson.
(d) Algernon Sidney.
2. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Social respectability.
(b) Stable family life.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Personal accountability.
3. Who said that after the revolution people were changed form subjects to citizens?
(a) John Adams.
(b) William Henry Drayton.
(c) David Ramsey.
(d) Moses Cooper.
4. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) William Drayton.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) George Warner.
5. Who did the American colonists blame when the wrong people held office?
(a) Other officials.
(b) The crown.
(c) The voters.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
2. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
3. In colonial America, what emerged after politics cease to be a contest among prominent families?
4. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
5. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)