|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When first offered, why did Ben Franklin say he would not accept the military rank of colonel?
(a) He felt he should be a general.
(b) He didn't believe in the military.
(c) He wasn't a gentleman.
(d) He didn't have enough money.
2. After retiring, what does Ben Franklin do that later embarrasses him?
(a) Commission a house.
(b) Commission a portrait.
(c) Commission a uniform.
(d) Commission a special gun.
3. In colonial America, why did officer holders receive honors and titles?
(a) To impress and show up their peers.
(b) To inspire respect and obedience from the common people.
(c) To solicit money for polictical causes.
(d) To give honor where honor is due.
4. What percent of colonial Americans were loyalists?
5. In the 1790s, who labeled gentry as men of idleness, extravagance, and dissipation?
(a) Abraham Bishop
(b) William Drayton.
(c) George Warner.
(d) Matthew Lyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the secret of America's prosperity was the celebration of work?
2. Who was the most popular and powerful man in Massachusetts during the last quarter of the 18th century?
3. Who said, "Idolatry to Monarchs and servility of Aristocratic Pride was never so totally eradicated from so many in so short a time"?
4. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
5. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)