|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strove to undermine the gentry's distinctiveness and privileges by emphasizing their similarity to common people?
(a) George Warner.
(b) Matthew Lyon.
(c) Abraham Bishop.
(d) William Drayton.
2. What was it called when Ben Franklin appointed his friends and family to official positions after he became Deputy Postmaster General of North America?
3. By 1800, what percent of the Philadelphia labor force were indentured servants?
4. What was critical to the success of colonial American office holders?
(a) Stable family life.
(b) Personal accountability.
(c) Freedom from debt.
(d) Social respectability.
5. How many loyalists left the colonies during the revolution?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drew up the Virginia Declaration of Rights?
2. In colonial America, what was done with a political effigy?
3. From which business did Ben Franklin eventually retire?
4. How many Boston merchants were named in the Massachusetts Banishment Act of 1778?
5. Who was the speaker of the House of Burgess in 1766?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)