|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Eccles last see Janice?
(a) Last afternoon at the grocery
(b) Last night at dinner
(c) Last week's service
(d) At morning service
2. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
3. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
(a) His car
(b) His son
(c) His basketball
(d) His altered suit
4. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' daughter
(b) Eccles' babysitter
(c) Eccles' secretary
(d) Eccles' sister
5. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Going into Churchtown, what slow-moving vehicle does Harry pass?
2. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
3. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
4. On what holiday do Ruth and Harry go swimming in this section?
5. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ruth insist that Rabbit has it made in life?
2. How does Ruth respond to Harry's decision to join his wife in the hospital?
3. What obstacles does Rabbit face trying to retrieve his clothes?
4. Describe Lucy Eccles.
5. Describe Ruth Leonard.
6. What job does Ruth now have and why did she get it?
7. How does the narration of this section change as Janice gets more drunk?
8. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
9. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
10. Describe the argument Harry has with Ruth about her going to the bathroom.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)