|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) That he loves her
(b) How all the boys think she is pretty
(c) The answers to every test
(d) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
2. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
3. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) She does not love him
(b) She is broke
(c) Her mother has died
(d) She is pregnant
4. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) At his mother's house
(b) In front of Ruth's building
(c) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) At his and Janice's apartment
5. Which of the following is not a news story that Rabbit hears on the radio while driving south?
(a) Speculation as to the location of the exiled Dalai Lama
(b) Senator Kennedy announces intention to run for President
(c) A little boy is hot by a car and in the hospital
(d) Eisenhower and Macmillan in talks at Gettysburg
Short Answer Questions
1. To what natural item does Harry silently compare Mrs. Smith's hold on his arm?
2. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
3. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
4. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
5. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
2. How is Janice's attitude toward Rabbit conflicted at this point?
3. What events lead to Harry's giving up his southward trek?
4. What obstacles does Rabbit face trying to retrieve his clothes?
5. What does Reverend Kruppenbach believe is the true vocation of a preacher?
6. In what state is Janice when Harry comes to her room?
7. What factors cause Harry to storm out of Club Castanet?
8. How does Rebecca Angstrom die?
9. What non-Christian statement does Mrs. Smith regret making?
10. What is Jack Eccles supposed to be doing instead of playing golf?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)