|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
(a) A banker
(b) A dockworker
(c) An insurance salesman
(d) A farmer
2. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
(c) Married men
(d) Older men
3. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Old wardrobes
(b) Boards and cinder blocks
(c) Beer crates
(d) Broken chairs
4. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) A courthouse
(b) An office building
(c) A museum
(d) A luxury apartment building
5. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
(a) Baked beans
(c) Pork chops
(d) Beef stew
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry imagine the club in his hands has become?
2. With which religious designation does Eccles characterize his reactionary father?
3. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
4. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
5. What information about his situation is Harry surprised to hear that Eccles knows?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rabbit's run to the hospital.
2. What does Mr. Springer tell Harry when they first talk after Rebecca's death?
3. How does Harry ruin his daughter's funeral?
4. Why does Janice begin drinking so heavily in this section?
5. What obstacles does Rabbit face trying to retrieve his clothes?
6. How does Harry run into Tothero in this section?
7. Describe Janice Angstrom.
8. What is Mrs. Smith's attitude regarding her garden?
9. Explain the significance of the title of the novel, particularly regarding the final passages.
10. Describe Lucy Eccles.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)