|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
(a) A pickup game
(b) The car wash
(c) The hospital
(d) Another woman's place
2. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
(a) As the World Turns
(b) The Mouseketeers
(c) The Twilight Zone
3. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
(a) Take lay-ups
(b) Run a screen
(c) Shoot fouls underhand
(d) Pass the ball
4. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) In front of Ruth's building
(b) At his and Janice's apartment
(c) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(d) At his mother's house
5. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' daughter
(b) Eccles' babysitter
(c) Eccles' secretary
(d) Eccles' sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about Ruth when Harry arrives back at her apartment?
2. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
3. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
4. How does Rabbit know Ben Shamberger?
5. On the way to meet their girls, to what animal does Tothero compare women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
2. Describe the argument Harry has with Ruth about her going to the bathroom.
3. What is Jack Eccles supposed to be doing instead of playing golf?
4. What has Harry decided about God by the end of the novel?
5. How does the narration of this section change as Janice gets more drunk?
6. How is Mrs. Springer's greeting to Harry different from everyone else's?
7. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
8. What does Reverend Kruppenbach believe is the true vocation of a preacher?
9. What is Mrs. Smith's attitude regarding her garden?
10. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)