|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rabbit know Ben Shamberger?
(a) From Tothero's basketball team
(b) From the Five and Dime
(c) From middle school
(d) From the army
2. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
(a) Love you for it
(b) Not especially care
(c) Revile you
(d) Pay the price
3. What is Ruth reading when Harry returns to her apartment?
(a) A fashion magazine
(b) A Dickens novel
(c) A mystery novella
(d) The newspaper
4. Where does Rabbit want to leave his car?
(a) In front of the Sunshine Athletic Association
(b) In front of Ruth's building
(c) At his and Janice's apartment
(d) At his mother's house
5. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
(a) Car payments
(c) Apartment utilities
(d) Taxi fare
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Janice initially thought Rabbit was when he did not return?
2. Who does Lucy Eccles revere as a God?
3. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
4. With which religious designation does Eccles characterize his reactionary father?
5. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
2. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
3. How does Rebecca Angstrom die?
4. How does Harry interact with Mrs. Springer after coming home?
5. Why does Harry think Lucy Eccles is flirting with him at church?
6. What does Harry Angstrom confess to Eccles that he believes is his place in the universe?
7. What does Harry realize about Tothero as they leave the Sunshine gym?
8. What does Joyce Eccles call Harry, and why?
9. Why does Harry resent Ruth's going to the bathroom after sex?
10. Describe Tothero's living arrangements.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)