|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth find odd about Rabbit's underpants?
(a) They look brand new
(b) They have a tear in them
(c) They are have a paisley design
(d) They are so small
2. What team was Harry's team playing the night the two groups shared a bottle of cider?
(a) Allenville High
(b) Pennoak High
(c) Oriole High
(d) Brewer High
3. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
4. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Beer crates
(b) Boards and cinder blocks
(c) Old wardrobes
(d) Broken chairs
5. What does Ruth call Harry when he asks her if she is really a whore?
(a) A child
(b) A rat
(c) A bastard
(d) A john
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
2. On what minor success does Eccles congratulate Harry during their golf game?
3. What does Eccles invite Harry to do with him on Tuesday?
4. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
5. What is the name of the kitchen gadget Rabbit demonstrates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry run into Tothero in this section?
2. Why is Harry annoyed by his conversation with the farmer at the service station?
3. What does Mr. Springer tell Harry when they first talk after Rebecca's death?
4. Why does Jack Eccles despair after his visits to the Springers, Angstroms, and Kruppenbach?
5. Why does Janice begin drinking so heavily in this section?
6. How does Jack Eccles ensure he will see Harry again?
7. What has Harry decided about God by the end of the novel?
8. Why does Ruth insist that Rabbit has it made in life?
9. Why does Rabbit leave his car at Janice's apartment?
10. What does Harry realize about Tothero as they leave the Sunshine gym?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)