|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth bring to Harry when she returns from the bathroom at the end of this section?
(a) A glass of water
(b) A pair of underpants
(d) A cigarette
2. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) She does not love him
(b) Her mother has died
(c) She is broke
(d) She is pregnant
3. Why does Rabbit get a damp towel from the bathroom?
(a) He wants to wipe Ruth's face
(b) He spills his drink on the carpet
(c) Ruth is feeling overheated
(d) He needs to clean his shoes
4. What food is left on the stove in the kitchen when Harry returns home?
(b) Pork chops
(c) Beef stew
(d) Baked beans
5. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
(a) Chronic depression
Short Answer Questions
1. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
2. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
3. Which of the following people is not among the list of blessings Rabbit makes in the morning?
4. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
5. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry meet up with Tothero?
2. What has Harry decided about God by the end of the novel?
3. Describe Tothero's living arrangements.
4. Describe Rabbit's run to the hospital.
5. Describe Harry Angstrom.
6. Describe the argument Harry has with Ruth about her going to the bathroom.
7. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
8. Describe Lucy Eccles.
9. What does Harry realize about Tothero as they leave the Sunshine gym?
10. How is Janice's attitude toward Rabbit conflicted at this point?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)