Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
2. To what does Mrs. Smith twice compare the Bianchi that she and her husband brought in from New York?
(a) A whore
(b) A cavalryman
(c) A swan
(d) A prince
3. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
(a) Palm Sunday
(b) May Day
(c) Good Friday
(d) All Saints Day
4. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
(a) The Mouseketeers
(b) Leave it to Beaver
(c) The Evening News
(d) The Twilight Zone
5. On the way to meet their girls, to what animal does Tothero compare women?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
2. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
3. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
4. What would Mrs. Smith tell her husband to plant rather than flowers?
5. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry take off his shoes on his walk up Mt. Judge?
2. Describe Janice Angstrom.
3. How is Harry and Lucy's first meeting dangerous?
4. How is Janice's attitude toward Rabbit conflicted at this point?
5. Why does Rabbit leave his car at Janice's apartment?
6. How is Harry greeted at the hospital?
7. Why do Tothero and Margaret leave dinner early?
8. How does Ruth make fun of Harry regarding Chinese food?
9. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
10. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)