|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a city that Harry tries to avoid as he drives south?
(a) Washington, DC
2. Of what city was Eccles' grandfather Bishop?
3. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
(a) Playing softball
(b) Writing poetry
4. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
5. What drink is Janis drinking when Harry returns home?
(a) Whiskey Sour
(b) Scotch and Water
(c) An Old Fashioned
(d) A Shirley Temple
Short Answer Questions
1. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
2. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
3. What job has Ruth taken since seeing Harry?
4. In what month does this section of reading take place?
5. After Allie betrays her, where does Ruth go for sexual pleasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reverend Kruppenbach believe is the true vocation of a preacher?
2. Describe Tothero's living arrangements.
3. Why does Mrs. Angstrom feel no pity for Janice?
4. What obstacles does Rabbit face trying to retrieve his clothes?
5. What does Joyce Eccles call Harry, and why?
6. What does Mr. Springer tell Harry when they first talk after Rebecca's death?
7. Describe Nelson Angstrom.
8. Describe Harry Angstrom.
9. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
10. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)