|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not among the list of blessings Rabbit makes in the morning?
(d) Mrs. Springer
2. What does Eccles call Harry after the latter suggests he is on a quest?
(a) A vagrant
(b) A prodigal
(c) A fool
(d) A prophet
3. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) She has an orgasm
(b) She stays awake
(c) He is quiet
(d) He does all the work
4. What does Rabbit smell on Tothero when he is awakened?
5. What is different about Ruth when Harry arrives back at her apartment?
(a) She has dyed her hair
(b) She has painted her nails
(c) She has reapplied her makeup
(d) She has showered
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Janis' maiden name?
2. To what natural item does Harry silently compare Mrs. Smith's hold on his arm?
3. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
4. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
5. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
2. Why does Janice begin drinking so heavily in this section?
3. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
4. Why does Janice slap Nelson?
5. Describe Harry's dream at the beginning of this section.
6. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
7. How does the narration of this section change as Janice gets more drunk?
8. Why does Jack Eccles despair after his visits to the Springers, Angstroms, and Kruppenbach?
9. Why is Harry annoyed by his conversation with the farmer at the service station?
10. Explain the significance of the title of the novel, particularly regarding the final passages.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)