|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his flustered outburst at the end of this section, what does Eccles call Harry?
(a) A hedonist
(b) A coward
(c) A sinner
(d) An idiot
2. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
3. What drink is Janis drinking when Harry returns home?
(a) Whiskey Sour
(b) A Shirley Temple
(c) An Old Fashioned
(d) Scotch and Water
4. As he drives, what does Rabbit recall Tothero convincing him to do more often on the court?
(a) Pass the ball
(b) Run a screen
(c) Shoot fouls underhand
(d) Take lay-ups
5. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Kegerise Street
(b) Potter Avenue
(c) Joseph Street
(d) Wilbur Street
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
2. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
3. What type of shoes does Ruth wear for her and Rabbit's walk on Mt. Judge?
4. Which of the following is not one of the three principal tools of the basketball player that Tothero discusses?
5. How does Rabbit know Ben Shamberger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry fear he has killed a second child while speaking to Ruth?
2. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
3. What job does Ruth now have and why did she get it?
4. How has Nelson dealt with Harry's absence, according to Janice?
5. Why does Rabbit leave his car at Janice's apartment?
6. What factors cause Harry to storm out of Club Castanet?
7. Explain the significance of the title of the novel, particularly regarding the final passages.
8. How does Ruth make fun of Harry regarding Chinese food?
9. Why does Harry think Lucy Eccles is flirting with him at church?
10. What events lead to Harry's giving up his southward trek?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)