|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' daughter
(b) Eccles' sister
(c) Eccles' secretary
(d) Eccles' babysitter
2. What is the only map that the farmer has in his service station?
(a) New Jersey
(b) New York
3. What does Harry borrow from Tothero before they go to eat dinner?
(a) A jacket
(b) A shirt
(c) A tie
4. How long has Rabbit been separated from Janice at the beginning of this section?
(a) 5 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 2 months
5. Where is Rabbit's intended destination?
Short Answer Questions
1. What television show do Janis and Harry watch?
2. How many points does Harry say he scored in his first game under Tothero?
3. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
4. What type of flower garden does Eccles secure Harry a job tending?
5. How does Tothero compare Ruth to Margaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry Angstrom confess to Eccles that he believes is his place in the universe?
2. Describe Harry's dream at the beginning of this section.
3. What is Mrs. Smith's attitude regarding her garden?
4. Explain the significance of the title of the novel, particularly regarding the final passages.
5. Why is Ruth sick and nervous of late?
6. Describe Lucy Eccles.
7. What does Reverend Kruppenbach believe is the true vocation of a preacher?
8. How does Harry ruin his daughter's funeral?
9. Why does Jack Eccles despair after his visits to the Springers, Angstroms, and Kruppenbach?
10. How has Nelson dealt with Harry's absence, according to Janice?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)