|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major news is Ruth scared to tell Harry in this section?
(a) Her mother has died
(b) She is pregnant
(c) She does not love him
(d) She is broke
2. Which of the following is not an item Harry picks up at the grocery?
(a) Raisin bread
(b) Lima beans
(c) French fries
(d) Orange juice
3. What team was Harry's team playing the night the two groups shared a bottle of cider?
(a) Pennoak High
(b) Allenville High
(c) Brewer High
(d) Oriole High
4. To what does Mrs. Smith twice compare the Bianchi that she and her husband brought in from New York?
(a) A whore
(b) A cavalryman
(c) A swan
(d) A prince
5. During what Catholic holy day does this section of reading take place?
(a) All Saints Day
(b) Palm Sunday
(c) May Day
(d) Good Friday
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink is Janis drinking when Harry returns home?
2. What does Harry pick up from his mother-in-law's house?
3. According to Harry in the very end of the section, what will others do if you follow your heart?
4. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
5. From what television show does Rabbit admit stealing his religious analogy about the tree and the waterfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reverend Kruppenbach believe is the true vocation of a preacher?
2. What does Harry Angstrom confess to Eccles that he believes is his place in the universe?
3. Why is Harry annoyed by his conversation with the farmer at the service station?
4. How has Nelson dealt with Harry's absence, according to Janice?
5. How does the narration of this section change as Janice gets more drunk?
6. Why does Rabbit leave his car at Janice's apartment?
7. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
8. What has Rabbit decided about Ruth by the end of this section?
9. Describe Rabbit's run to the hospital.
10. What is Jack Eccles supposed to be doing instead of playing golf?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)