|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry think Lucy Eccles is when he arrives at her house?
(a) Eccles' daughter
(b) Eccles' secretary
(c) Eccles' sister
(d) Eccles' babysitter
2. What do Janice and Harry suspect Miss Arndt has?
(a) Chronic depression
3. What are Tothero's shelves made of?
(a) Old wardrobes
(b) Broken chairs
(c) Boards and cinder blocks
(d) Beer crates
4. On the way to meet their girls, to what animal does Tothero compare women?
5. What does Ruth say is different about her sex with Rabbit?
(a) He does all the work
(b) She stays awake
(c) She has an orgasm
(d) He is quiet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
2. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
3. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
4. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
5. What service does Harry request of the farmer in addition to gas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry resent Ruth's going to the bathroom after sex?
2. What is Mrs. Smith's attitude regarding her garden?
3. Why is Harry annoyed by his conversation with the farmer at the service station?
4. What does Mr. Springer tell Harry when they first talk after Rebecca's death?
5. Describe Lucy Eccles.
6. Why is Joyce Eccles afraid?
7. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
8. Describe Harry's dream at the beginning of this section.
9. What has Harry decided about God by the end of the novel?
10. What does Joyce Eccles call Harry, and why?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)