|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does this section of reading take place?
2. What information does Allie tell Ruth in high school?
(a) The answers to every test
(b) That he loves her
(c) How all the boys think she is pretty
(d) Her name was written on a bathroom stall
3. Where on Tothero's body does Margaret strike him at dinner?
(a) His chest
(b) His arm
(c) His mouth
(d) His crotch
4. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
5. What actress does Ruth mockingly suggest is a prostitute when they go to the movies?
(a) Ingrid Bergman
(b) Grace Kelly
(c) Kim Novak
(d) Audrey Hepburn
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
2. What type of shoes does Ruth wear for her and Rabbit's walk on Mt. Judge?
3. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
4. As he drives south, Rabbit considers what it would be like to make love to the women of what wealthy family?
5. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lucy Eccles.
2. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
3. Describe Nelson Angstrom.
4. Why does Jack Eccles despair after his visits to the Springers, Angstroms, and Kruppenbach?
5. Describe Harry's dream at the beginning of this section.
6. What does Harry Angstrom confess to Eccles that he believes is his place in the universe?
7. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
8. Why does Harry fear he has killed a second child while speaking to Ruth?
9. Explain the significance of the title of the novel, particularly regarding the final passages.
10. Why does Janice slap Nelson?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)