|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
2. Why does Rabbit make Ruth leave the door open when she uses the toilet?
(a) He wants to make sure she washes her hands
(b) He doesn't want her to put in a diaphragm
(c) He likes to watch her
(d) He can't hear her with the door closed
3. On what street does Rabbit live on in Mt. Judge?
(a) Kegerise Street
(b) Potter Avenue
(c) Joseph Street
(d) Wilbur Street
4. In what month does this section of reading take place?
5. What is the only map that the farmer has in his service station?
(a) New York
(c) New Jersey
Short Answer Questions
1. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
2. How does Rabbit pointedly describe his marriage to Janice when speaking with Eccles?
3. For what ostensible expense does Harry give Ruth fifteen dollars at the end of dinner?
4. Which of the follow is not something Ruth lists as something johns get from her but not from their wives?
5. What type of shoes does Ruth wear for her and Rabbit's walk on Mt. Judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How strong a golfer is Rabbit compared to Eccles?
2. What has Rabbit decided about Ruth by the end of this section?
3. Why does Mrs. Angstrom feel no pity for Janice?
4. How does Harry interact with Mrs. Springer after coming home?
5. How does Harry find out that his child has died?
6. Why does Harry take off his shoes on his walk up Mt. Judge?
7. What excuse does Janice make to her father regarding Harry?
8. Describe Ruth's high school relationship with Harrison.
9. What has Harry decided about God by the end of the novel?
10. What does Harry realize about Tothero as they leave the Sunshine gym?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)