|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ecstatic poet does Eccles frequently read to his daughter?
2. In what quarter of the game does Harry completely forget about the crowd?
3. What is the only skyscraper in Brewer?
(a) A luxury apartment building
(b) An office building
(c) A courthouse
(d) A museum
4. Where does Rabbit brag about having eaten Chinese food?
(b) Washington, DC
5. What plant does Harry suggest Mrs. Smith will have in heaven instead of rhododendrons?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say she used to enjoy doing?
2. What inappropriate action does Rabbit take with Lucy Eccles right before her her husband enters the room?
3. About how old was Mrs. Smith's son when he was killed in World War II?
4. What was Mrs. Smith's father's profession?
5. What is the name of the first man with whom Ruth had sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Harry and Lucy's first meeting dangerous?
2. Why is Joyce Eccles afraid?
3. What events lead to Harry's giving up his southward trek?
4. Why does Harry leave Janice at the end of this section?
5. Describe Harry's dream at the beginning of this section.
6. Why does Harry fear he has killed a second child while speaking to Ruth?
7. How does Harry run into Tothero in this section?
8. How does Ruth respond to Harry's decision to join his wife in the hospital?
9. Describe Harry Angstrom.
10. Why does Harry resent Ruth's going to the bathroom after sex?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)