|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Molly think the dormitory looks like a jail?
2. What do a group of Aborigine men give the girls?
3. When the girls reach the heathlands, what do they see?
4. When do Aboriginal girls marry?
5. What happens at the big meeting held during the holidays at the end of the year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the idea of human rights in this story. Who is not given proper rights, and what rights have been denied? Do the Aborigines have any more right to the land than the white people do?
Essay Topic 2
The rabbit-proof fence is a very important object in this book. Discuss the symbolism of the fence. What does it stand for and why? Does it mean different things to different people?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, white people dominate and oppress the Aboriginal people, and take their land away from them. The Aborigines cannot fight back, so the white people do what they want. Discuss the idea of 'might is right' and what the author is trying to tell us about it.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)