|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the captain of the Koolinda, the ship that will take them south to Fremantle?
2. Why does Molly think she is too old for school?
3. What becomes a regular weekend event?
4. Who does Constable Riggs hand the girls over to here?
5. What do the girls want to ask him, but do not dare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the author waited until chapter five before introducing the main girls? Why give us so much history in the previous chapters? Do you think this is effective?
Essay Topic 2
In this story, white people dominate and oppress the Aboriginal people, and take their land away from them. The Aborigines cannot fight back, so the white people do what they want. Discuss the idea of 'might is right' and what the author is trying to tell us about it.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss realism in the book. How does the author remind the reader that this is a true story? How does this emphasize the messages of the book? Is the author biased in any way? What is her agenda? Is this justified, or does it destroy the truth of the story?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)