|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names the baby Molly?
2. What do the girls at Moore River wear as shoes?
3. What did Mr. Keeling, the Superintendent at Jigalong depot, write in a letter that was ignored?
4. What was the common view of half-caste children at this time?
5. When the girls meet a man on a bike while walking along the fence, what does the man do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Molly. What is her relationship like with the other girls? Is she a good leader?
Essay Topic 2
In this story, white people dominate and oppress the Aboriginal people, and take their land away from them. The Aborigines cannot fight back, so the white people do what they want. Discuss the idea of 'might is right' and what the author is trying to tell us about it.
Essay Topic 3
The film version of this book is described as a story that follows the 'triumph of the human spirit.' How well does this apply to the book and the characters in it? Explain your answer using examples from the book, not the film.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)