|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maude's baby born?
2. Who do the girls meet at Station 594, near Jigalong?
3. What precautions do the girls take when they think that their pursuers are close on their trail?
4. Why can't the girls eat the rabbit that Gracie catches?
5. When the girls meet a man on a bike while walking along the fence, what does the man do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author make the reader sympathetic to the Aborigines, and to the girls? Discuss her use of language and the structure of the book, as well as how various people in the story are presented to us.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Molly. What is her relationship like with the other girls? Is she a good leader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss misunderstanding and poor communications in this book. What happens when two societies do not understand each other? Does anyone in the story ever not understand something, or get the wrong impression, or miss the point? What problems are caused by misunderstanding or miscommunication?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)