|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the captain hand the girls over to, to be looked after during the voyage?
(a) Raymond Baxter, a sailor.
(b) Gwen Campbell, the stewardess.
(c) George Johnson, a crewmember.
(d) Mimi-Ali, an injured Aborigine woman.
2. What does Molly decide that night?
(a) That they must escape.
(b) That they must play along with the rules so that they are not punished.
(c) That she must protect Gracie and Daisy.
(d) That she will never accept white culture.
3. What do some mothers choose to do, out of fear that their children will be taken from them?
(a) Leave Jigalong forever to go back into the desert.
(b) Kill the babies' white fathers.
(c) Give birth in the bush rather than hospitals.
(d) Hide their babies in animal skins.
4. Who volunteers to be their guide at the settlement?
(a) Edna Green.
(b) Martha Jones.
(d) Polly Martin.
5. What are the girls told they are not allowed to do at the school?
(a) Worship their own gods.
(b) Have lessons together.
(c) Speak their own language.
(d) Play games.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will actually happen to them?
2. What becomes a regular weekend event?
3. What does the crewman teach them?
4. Why do the girls want to speak up when Miss Campbell introduces them to the staff member?
5. What does the author think the girls really saw?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)