|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the girls meet a man on a bike while walking along the fence, what does the man do?
(a) Gives them food, then reports that he saw them.
(b) Ignores their pleas for food and rides away.
(c) Chases them away from the fence.
(d) Captures them and calls the police.
2. What do the girls at Moore River wear as shoes?
(a) Big, heavy snow boots.
(b) Thin bark slippers.
(c) They do not have shoes.
3. What do the girls want to ask him, but do not dare?
(a) Why the white people came to Australia in the first place.
(b) Whether the slaves who built the pyramids were like them, or like the white men.
(c) Whether there are black people in other places in the world.
(d) Where they are being taken and what will happen to them.
4. Where does the policeman tell the girls they are going?
(a) To a new home to the south.
(b) To Perth.
(c) To Port Headland to catch a boat south.
(d) He does not tell them where they are going.
5. What are the girls supposed to use as a lavatory?
(a) A hole in the corner of the room.
(b) An outside toilet across the snowy yard.
(c) Buckets in the bathroom.
(d) Nothing; there is no lavatory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Superintendent feel about the baby?
2. Why can't the girls eat the rabbit that Gracie catches?
3. Who does the captain hand the girls over to, to be looked after during the voyage?
4. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
5. Where do the girls spend the night before moving on?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)