|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
(a) Refuses to have anything to do with her.
(b) Tries to teach her to be English.
(c) Brings her gifts.
(d) Takes her away.
2. What makes Molly think the dormitory looks like a jail?
(a) There are guards and guard-dogs outside.
(b) There are no windows.
(c) The doors are padlocked and there are bars at the windows.
(d) It is a black, imposing building with a high wall around it.
3. Where do they spend the night before traveling on to Moore River?
(a) A hotel in Perth.
(b) Inside the car.
(c) The East Perth Girl's Home.
(d) A settlement at Mogumber.
4. Who is the captain of the Koolinda, the ship that will take them south to Fremantle?
(a) Captain Smith.
(b) Captain Freeman.
(c) Captain Stirling.
(d) Captain Fremantle.
5. What does Molly decide that night?
(a) That they must escape.
(b) That they must play along with the rules so that they are not punished.
(c) That she must protect Gracie and Daisy.
(d) That she will never accept white culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jiigalong established?
2. The girls are then handed over again, this time to Constable Pollett. How do they travel to Port Headland?
3. What will actually happen to them?
4. When the girls hear footsteps they quickly hide. What do the girls think they see?
5. What does the author think the girls really saw?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)