|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Keeling, the Superintendent at Jigalong depot, write in a letter that was ignored?
(a) That the half-caste children tend more towards black culture than white.
(b) That the half-caste children would be very unhappy if taken away from their families.
(c) That the Aborigines would become violent if their children were taken away.
(d) That the half-caste children might be dangerous if placed into white society.
2. What does the crewman teach them?
(a) To speak better English, so they will get on better at the settlement.
(b) How to mend their clothes and shoes.
(c) How to sail a ship.
(d) How to find the Southern Cross, a star constellation that can guide them if they are lost.
3. Why do the girls want to speak up when Miss Campbell introduces them to the staff member?
(a) They want to tell her that they do not want to be separated.
(b) They want to tell her that she pronounced their names wrong.
(c) They want to tell her that they are from Jigalong, not Nullagine.
(d) They want to tell her that they are very hungry.
4. How do the Aboriginal people make Jigalong a permanent 'sitting down place'?
(a) They make it the gathering place for all the tribes.
(b) They chase out all the white people and claim it for themselves.
(c) They build permanent houses.
(d) Sacred objects are brought and buried there.
5. Where do they stop off to hand the sick Aboriginal women over to the hospital?
(a) Marble Bar.
(d) Port Headland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What precautions do the girls take when they think that their pursuers are close on their trail?
2. What is Molly's plan?
3. Who does the captain hand the girls over to, to be looked after during the voyage?
4. What becomes a regular weekend event?
5. How old is Daisy?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)