|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Canning Stock Route?
(a) A trade route.
(b) A long line of wells stretching across the desert.
(c) A railway.
(d) A trail used for transporting prisoners.
2. What did the Aboriginal people discover too late?
(a) That all their beliefs are false.
(b) That the white men are human beings and not spirits.
(c) A secret hiding place from the white men.
(d) How to use guns.
3. How long had the red desert been the home of the Mardudjara people before they left?
(a) Over 40,000 years.
(b) Under 10 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) Almost 2,000 years.
4. What did Captain Fremantle name the colony?
(c) Swan River Colony.
(d) Moore River Settlement.
5. Who set up a military base to get rid of the pirates?
(a) The Chief Protector of Aborigines.
(b) Captain Freeman.
(c) Captain Fremantle.
(d) Major Edmund Lockyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main reason why the Mardudjara people decide to leave their desert?
2. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
3. What do Yalbung and Beeboo hear when they are hunting near the river?
4. How do the settlers allocate land?
5. Why can't Bidgup and Meedo use their usual hunting trails?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Molly and the girls escape Moore River.
2. How are the girls feeling throughout their journey south to Moore River?
3. Why is Molly confident that they will be able to get home?
4. Describe life in an Aboriginal tribe.
5. Why did the first white men to encounter Aborigines in this area treat them so badly?
6. Why is Kundilla respected?
7. Why does Captain Stirling crash his ship?
8. Is it fair that Bidgup and Meedo are sent to a penal colony?
9. What is the girls' reaction to Perth?
10. Why do the white people give up the search for Molly and Daisy?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)