|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: What Happened to Them? Where Are They Now?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) Their fathers.
(c) The boys themselves.
(d) The tribal elders.
2. What makes Molly think the dormitory looks like a jail?
(a) The doors are padlocked and there are bars at the windows.
(b) It is a black, imposing building with a high wall around it.
(c) There are no windows.
(d) There are guards and guard-dogs outside.
3. What happens to Gracie when she reaches Wiluna?
(a) Molly comes to meet her and helps her hide from the white men.
(b) She works as domestic help at the station.
(c) She is captured and taken back to Moore River.
(d) She is reunited with her mother.
4. When Molly grows up, what job does she get?
(a) She works as an inspector of the rabbit-proof fence.
(b) She does not get a job; she marries and has children instead.
(c) She becomes a teacher at the Moore River school.
(d) She works as domestic help on a station.
5. Where does Molly live now?
(c) Moore River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the first white invaders trick the Aboriginal men?
2. Where do they stop off to hand the sick Aboriginal women over to the hospital?
3. What is Molly's plan?
4. Why can't the girls eat the rabbit that Gracie catches?
5. What does Arthur Carberry hope to achieve in Australia?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)