|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: What Happened to Them? Where Are They Now?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
(a) They make it illegal for them to have children.
(b) They enslave them.
(c) They force them to wear clothes.
(d) They prevent them from doing their sacred rituals and dances.
2. Why does Molly sometimes wish she didn't have light skin?
(a) She thinks darker skin is prettier.
(b) The other children insult her.
(c) She is afraid she will be taken away.
(d) She thinks the spirits will hate her.
3. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) The boys themselves.
(c) The tribal elders.
(d) Their mothers.
4. What punishment are Bidgup and Meedo given?
(a) Imprisonment in a Penal Colony.
(b) They are forced into slavery.
(c) They are whipped.
(d) They are hung.
5. What are the girls told they are not allowed to do at the school?
(a) Have lessons together.
(b) Speak their own language.
(c) Play games.
(d) Worship their own gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk around the grounds, what do they see a group of the children doing near the milking sheds?
2. When do Aboriginal girls marry?
3. Why did the first white invaders come in the first place?
4. Where do the girls spend their first night on the run?
5. How long is the military outpost there for?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)