|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9: What Happened to Them? Where Are They Now?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the girls meet at Station 594, near Jigalong?
(a) Their aunt and cousins.
(b) Molly's father.
(c) Molly's mother.
(d) Constable Riggs.
2. How do Molly and Gracie's family express their sorrow when the girls are taken?
(a) Refuse to eat.
(b) Cut themselves with sharp objects.
(c) Cut off all their hair.
(d) Take some of the white children in retaliation.
3. What does the author think the girls really saw?
(a) A horse.
(b) The black tracker, searching for them.
(c) An Aborigine man running to get away from the storm.
(d) The matron of the Moore River school.
4. When did the first European settlers arrive in Western Australia?
5. How do the white workers react to the violence?
(a) They take more of the Mardudjara land as compensation.
(b) They leave.
(c) They kill some of the Mardudjara people in their sleep.
(d) They report the Mardudjara people to the authorities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Gracie and Daisy react when Molly tells them of her plan to escape?
2. What are the white men compared to?
3. What does Arthur Carberry hope to achieve in Australia?
4. Who does Miss Campbell hand the girls over to when they reach the Moore River School?
5. Why are the Aboriginal laws important to them?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)