|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the girls frightened when they get off the boat?
(a) The port is very crowded and noisy.
(b) They see men with guns.
(c) There are strange animals everywhere.
(d) They do not know where they are being taken.
2. What is a wuungku?
(a) A type of weapon.
(b) A ceremonial headdress.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A dress.
3. Where do the girls spend the night before moving on?
(a) In a nearby Aborigine settlement.
(b) Locked in the empty cells in the police station.
(c) On the floor at the constable's house.
(d) In the car.
4. What is the name of Captain Fremantle's gunboat?
5. What is the main reason why the Mardudjara people decide to leave their desert?
(a) They were forced to leave by the white men.
(b) They wanted the comforts of white society.
(c) Fear of reprisals from the white men.
(d) They were finding it hard to find water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kundilla conclude that the white soldiers mean them no harm?
2. The Aboriginals at first believed that the white men were 'gengas.' What are gengas?
3. Why are the Aboriginals upset that they are being tried under English law?
4. Who does the captain hand the girls over to, to be looked after during the voyage?
5. Where do the girls spend their first night on the run?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)