|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the women settlers upset?
(a) Because they are hungry.
(b) Because the rain is destroying their possessions.
(c) Because the Aboriginals are not wearing clothes.
(d) Because they are afraid of the Aboriginals.
2. How long is the military outpost there for?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Twenty years.
3. How is this carried out?
(a) Building very grand houses.
(b) Sending out patrols into the bush.
(c) Picnics, fox-hunts and balls.
(d) Taking Aboriginals as servants.
4. What does Dora show the children how to make?
5. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
(a) He is kicked and killed by the panicked animal.
(b) He is captured and taken away by the white men.
(c) He is shot dead by the white men.
(d) He is captured and whipped by the white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do a group of Aborigine men give the girls?
2. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
3. Why does Kundilla conclude that the white soldiers mean them no harm?
4. What is the punishment for running away?
5. Why can't the girls eat the rabbit that Gracie catches?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)