|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
2. How do the Mardudjara people feel about their work?
(a) They are angered by it, and plot revenge.
(b) They see it as exploitation.
(c) They do not understand it and often do a bad job.
(d) They see it as a form of kindness.
3. Why does Mr. Keeling advise the Department of Native Affairs that the half-caste children should be removed from Jigalong?
(a) They are an embarrassment.
(b) They are not getting a fair chance.
(c) It is degrading for them to run around with the darker skinned children.
(d) They eat too much food.
4. How do the settlers allocate land?
(a) The land is bought off the Aboriginals.
(b) They are allowed to choose land wherever they want.
(c) Each person is given a grant of land by the English government.
(d) The Aboriginals decide.
5. Who does Miss Campbell hand the girls over to when they reach the Moore River School?
(a) Polly Martin.
(b) Martha Jones.
(c) Miss Evans.
(d) The caretaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their walk around the grounds, what do they see a group of the children doing near the milking sheds?
2. How does the sight of the large river make Molly feel?
3. What do the group have to do in order to adapt to life with white people?
4. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
5. How do Maude's family feel about their new boss, the maintenance inspector?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)