|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they discover the white men, what is the Aboriginal men's first fear?
(a) That they will try to kill all the Aboriginals in the camp.
(b) That they will take away the women.
(c) That they will anger the spirits.
(d) That they will take their land.
2. What does the author think the girls really saw?
(a) A horse.
(b) An Aborigine man running to get away from the storm.
(c) The black tracker, searching for them.
(d) The matron of the Moore River school.
3. Why don't the Aboriginals understand what Captain Fremantle is saying?
(a) He is speaking in his language.
(b) He is talking about things they have never seen or heard of.
(c) He is trying to talk in their language, but getting it wrong.
(d) He is speaking in verse.
4. What did Mr. Keeling, the Superintendent at Jigalong depot, write in a letter that was ignored?
(a) That the half-caste children tend more towards black culture than white.
(b) That the half-caste children would be very unhappy if taken away from their families.
(c) That the half-caste children might be dangerous if placed into white society.
(d) That the Aborigines would become violent if their children were taken away.
5. What is the Canning Stock Route?
(a) A long line of wells stretching across the desert.
(b) A railway.
(c) A trail used for transporting prisoners.
(d) A trade route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Arthur Carberry bring to Australia with him?
2. When the girls reach the heathlands, what do they see?
3. How is this carried out?
4. What happens when Udja complains to a white magistrate that his wife has been stolen by a white man?
5. Who is the father of Maude's child?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)