|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Journey South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is established as an act of goodwill on Queen Victoria's birthday?
(a) Money is given to the Aboriginals.
(b) Aboriginal servants are given a holiday.
(c) Free blankets are given to the Aboriginals.
(d) All the land is given back to the Aboriginals.
2. The girls meet two other half-caste girls, called Eva and Nora. What do these two girls think will happen to them soon?
(a) They will marry rich white men.
(b) They will get a job on a station near their families.
(c) They will be given jobs at a school in the city.
(d) They will carry on with education and go to university.
3. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
(a) Five acres.
(b) One hundred miles.
(c) One million square miles.
(d) One hundred thousand acres.
4. How do they justify this?
(a) They will die if they do not.
(b) The spirits of the ancestors told them to.
(c) The food should be shared.
(d) The white people are evil.
5. What do Bidgup and Meedo decide to do about the food problem?
(a) Kill all the white people.
(b) Move the whole tribe away into the desert.
(c) Take one of the white people's sheep.
(d) Take the white women hostage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who names the baby Molly?
2. Who is Yellagonga?
3. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
4. What does the crewman teach them?
5. What do the girls see as they come into the harbor, that makes them homesick?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)