|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Journey South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the white workers react to the violence?
(a) They kill some of the Mardudjara people in their sleep.
(b) They report the Mardudjara people to the authorities.
(c) They take more of the Mardudjara land as compensation.
(d) They leave.
2. Why did some Mardudjara people react violently to white construction workers?
(a) The workers dug up a sacred site.
(b) The workers burned down large areas of brush to build on.
(c) The workers killed a Mardudjara tribe on the site.
(d) The workers refused to share their food.
3. What punishment are Bidgup and Meedo given?
(a) Imprisonment in a Penal Colony.
(b) They are hung.
(c) They are whipped.
(d) They are forced into slavery.
4. How many wives does Kundilla have?
5. Where do they spend the night before traveling on to Moore River?
(a) A hotel in Perth.
(b) Inside the car.
(c) The East Perth Girl's Home.
(d) A settlement at Mogumber.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the new settlers advised to do?
2. What is a wuungku?
3. Who was supposed to establish this first colony?
4. What does Captain Fremantle want?
5. What does the crewman teach them?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)