|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: The Journey South.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Fremantle's gunboat?
2. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) The tribal elders.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) The boys themselves.
3. Who names the baby Molly?
(a) The father.
(b) The baby's grandmother.
(c) Maude's father.
4. What happens at the big meeting held during the holidays at the end of the year?
(a) They celebrate Christmas.
(b) War is declared on the white people.
(c) Traditional ceremonies and rituals are performed.
(d) Marriages take place only at this time of year.
5. What do the group have to do in order to adapt to life with white people?
(b) Learn English.
(c) Become Christian.
(d) Put clothes on.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did some Mardudjara people react violently to white construction workers?
2. How do they justify this?
3. What weapons do the Aboriginal men use to hunt with?
4. Why does Molly sometimes wish she didn't have light skin?
5. Why are the women settlers upset?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)