|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
(a) They are captured and used as slaves by the white men.
(b) They steal food from them.
(c) They train as stockmen and domestic help.
(d) They trade animal skins for food and tobacco.
2. How do they justify this?
(a) The food should be shared.
(b) The white people are evil.
(c) The spirits of the ancestors told them to.
(d) They will die if they do not.
3. What do the Aboriginals have to do to survive?
(a) Declare war on England.
(b) Become servants to white men and women.
(c) Become Christian.
(d) Run away into the desert.
4. How do the Aboriginal people sleep?
(a) In small mud huts.
(b) In widened-out rabbit burrows.
(c) In brick houses.
(d) In shelters made from branches and bark.
5. What is the Canning Stock Route?
(a) A long line of wells stretching across the desert.
(b) A railway.
(c) A trade route.
(d) A trail used for transporting prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Yalbung and Beeboo see when they investigate the noise?
2. What weapons do the Aboriginal men use to hunt with?
3. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
4. What happens when Udja complains to a white magistrate that his wife has been stolen by a white man?
5. How is this carried out?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)