|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
2. Why do the clans gather to set fire to areas of the brush?
(a) To flush out animals, which are caught and eaten.
(b) To clear an area to build houses on.
(c) To drive off the white men.
(d) For a religious ritual.
3. Why do the soldiers abandon the military outpost?
(a) There is a large storm coming.
(b) The Aboriginal men fight them off.
(c) Isolation and lack of weapons make them vulnerable.
(d) They do not have enough food.
4. How do they justify this?
(a) The food should be shared.
(b) They will die if they do not.
(c) The spirits of the ancestors told them to.
(d) The white people are evil.
5. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
(a) One million square miles.
(b) One hundred thousand acres.
(c) Five acres.
(d) One hundred miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Aboriginals upset that they are being tried under English law?
2. How do the settlers allocate land?
3. What does Captain Fremantle name the area?
4. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
5. Who is Yellagonga?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)