|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the white men compared to?
(a) Flesh eating spirits.
(b) Bush fires out of control.
(c) A terrible storm.
(d) Stampeding herds.
2. How do the Aboriginals cut their meat?
(a) With sharp stones.
(b) With their teeth.
(c) With bears' teeth.
(d) With knives and forks.
3. What does Captain Fremantle name the area?
(a) Western Australia.
(b) Northern Australia.
(d) New England.
4. When did the first European settlers arrive in Western Australia?
5. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
(a) One hundred thousand acres.
(b) One million square miles.
(c) One hundred miles.
(d) Five acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the white construction workers doing?
2. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
3. By what name are the Mardudjara people referred to?
4. Why don't the Aboriginals understand what Captain Fremantle is saying?
5. What animal does Arthur Carberry bring to Australia with him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)