|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are teenage boys sent out into the Law?
(a) To become men.
(b) To fight white men.
(c) To find a new clan to join.
(d) To gather firewood.
2. What punishment are Bidgup and Meedo given?
(a) They are hung.
(b) They are whipped.
(c) Imprisonment in a Penal Colony.
(d) They are forced into slavery.
3. Who set up a military base to get rid of the pirates?
(a) Captain Freeman.
(b) Captain Fremantle.
(c) The Chief Protector of Aborigines.
(d) Major Edmund Lockyer.
4. Who was supposed to establish this first colony?
(a) Captain James Stirling.
(b) Arthur Carberry.
(c) Constable Riggs.
(d) Captain Freeman.
5. How do the Aboriginals cut their meat?
(a) With bears' teeth.
(b) With their teeth.
(c) With sharp stones.
(d) With knives and forks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Bidgup and Meedo use their usual hunting trails?
2. How long is the military outpost there for?
3. Why are the Aboriginal laws important to them?
4. What weapons do the Aboriginal men use to hunt with?
5. How is this carried out?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)