|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a wuungku?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ceremonial headdress.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A type of weapon.
2. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
(a) He writes it down instead.
(b) He tries to use sign language.
(c) He draws pictures in the sand.
(d) He gets a translator.
3. What does Dora show the children how to make?
4. How are black servants paid?
(a) With warm blankets.
(b) With money.
(c) They are not paid with anything.
(d) With rice.
5. Who is Yellagonga?
(a) A peace-loving tribal leader.
(b) A powerful spirit ancestor.
(c) An Aboriginal god.
(d) A war-loving tribal leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weather is it always successful to hunt in?
2. What is established as an act of goodwill on Queen Victoria's birthday?
3. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
4. As Australia's farms became more successful, what policy did the government introduce?
5. Why did the Captain crash the ship?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)