|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: From the Deserts They Come.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the white men compared to?
(a) Bush fires out of control.
(b) Flesh eating spirits.
(c) Stampeding herds.
(d) A terrible storm.
2. When they discover the white men, what is the Aboriginal men's first fear?
(a) That they will try to kill all the Aboriginals in the camp.
(b) That they will take away the women.
(c) That they will anger the spirits.
(d) That they will take their land.
3. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
(a) The Union Jack (the British flag).
(b) The Jolly Roger (a pirate flag).
(c) The Flag of Australia.
(d) The Stars and Stripes (the American flag).
4. How many wives does Kundilla have?
5. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
(a) He draws pictures in the sand.
(b) He writes it down instead.
(c) He gets a translator.
(d) He tries to use sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Fremantle want?
2. What were the new settlers advised to do?
3. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
4. How did the first white invaders trick the Aboriginal men?
5. What were the white construction workers doing?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)