|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Decline of Aboriginal Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Fremantle name the area?
(a) New England.
(c) Northern Australia.
(d) Western Australia.
2. How long is the military outpost there for?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
3. What happens when Udja complains to a white magistrate that his wife has been stolen by a white man?
(a) He is whipped.
(b) He is given a bag of flour.
(c) He is given his wife back, but the white man is not punished.
(d) The white man is punished.
4. What do the Aboriginals have to do to survive?
(a) Run away into the desert.
(b) Become Christian.
(c) Become servants to white men and women.
(d) Declare war on England.
5. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
(a) The Jolly Roger (a pirate flag).
(b) The Flag of Australia.
(c) The Stars and Stripes (the American flag).
(d) The Union Jack (the British flag).
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment are Bidgup and Meedo given?
2. Why do the soldiers abandon the military outpost?
3. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
4. Who set up a military base to get rid of the pirates?
5. How do they justify this?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)