|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Decline of Aboriginal Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is established as an act of goodwill on Queen Victoria's birthday?
(a) Aboriginal servants are given a holiday.
(b) Money is given to the Aboriginals.
(c) Free blankets are given to the Aboriginals.
(d) All the land is given back to the Aboriginals.
2. How do the white men try to break the Aboriginal culture?
(a) They enslave them.
(b) They force them to wear clothes.
(c) They make it illegal for them to have children.
(d) They prevent them from doing their sacred rituals and dances.
3. What animal does Arthur Carberry bring to Australia with him?
4. Why are teenage boys sent out into the Law?
(a) To find a new clan to join.
(b) To gather firewood.
(c) To fight white men.
(d) To become men.
5. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
(a) A stranger arrives.
(b) One of the clan goes missing.
(c) A loud boom.
(d) A bad storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
2. Who was supposed to establish this first colony?
3. Why don't the Aboriginals understand what Captain Fremantle is saying?
4. What do Yalbung and Beeboo see when they investigate the noise?
5. What did the Aboriginal people discover too late?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)