|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Swan River Colony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Captain Fremantle name the colony?
(b) Swan River Colony.
(c) Moore River Settlement.
2. What kind of weather is it always successful to hunt in?
(a) Misty: the animals can't see the hunters coming.
(b) Sunny: it is easier to see and run in sunny weather.
(c) Rain: the tracks are easy to see, and the animals are less alert.
(d) Windy: the wind blows the hunters' scent away.
3. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
(a) The Stars and Stripes (the American flag).
(b) The Jolly Roger (a pirate flag).
(c) The Flag of Australia.
(d) The Union Jack (the British flag).
4. What weapons do the Aboriginal men use to hunt with?
5. The Aboriginals at first believed that the white men were 'gengas.' What are gengas?
(a) Flesh eating monsters.
(b) Spirits of the ancestors.
(d) Mighty kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Captain crash the ship?
2. Why did the first white invaders come in the first place?
3. How did the first white invaders trick the Aboriginal men?
4. How do the Aboriginals cut their meat?
5. What do Yalbung and Beeboo hear when they are hunting near the river?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)