|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Swan River Colony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their mothers.
(b) The boys themselves.
(c) The tribal elders.
(d) Their fathers.
2. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
(a) A stranger arrives.
(b) One of the clan goes missing.
(c) A loud boom.
(d) A bad storm.
3. What does Arthur Carberry hope to achieve in Australia?
(a) He wants to find an Aboriginal to be his slave.
(b) He wants to send money home to his sick mother.
(c) He wants to find good land and become rich.
(d) He wants to join the army.
4. How long is the military outpost there for?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
5. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the first white invaders trick the Aboriginal men?
2. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
3. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
4. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
5. How many wives does Kundilla have?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)