|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Swan River Colony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter one, who is the first person mentioned in the book?
(c) Captain Fremantle.
2. When did the first European settlers arrive in Western Australia?
3. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
(a) A loud boom.
(b) One of the clan goes missing.
(c) A bad storm.
(d) A stranger arrives.
4. Why do the clans gather to set fire to areas of the brush?
(a) To flush out animals, which are caught and eaten.
(b) To clear an area to build houses on.
(c) For a religious ritual.
(d) To drive off the white men.
5. What kind of weather is it always successful to hunt in?
(a) Misty: the animals can't see the hunters coming.
(b) Sunny: it is easier to see and run in sunny weather.
(c) Rain: the tracks are easy to see, and the animals are less alert.
(d) Windy: the wind blows the hunters' scent away.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Aboriginals at first believed that the white men were 'gengas.' What are gengas?
2. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
3. Why did the Captain crash the ship?
4. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
5. Why are the women settlers upset?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)