|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Swan River Colony.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century was the military outpost established on the shores of Western Australia?
2. The Aboriginals at first believed that the white men were 'gengas.' What are gengas?
(a) Flesh eating monsters.
(b) Mighty kings.
(c) Spirits of the ancestors.
3. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) The tribal elders.
(b) The boys themselves.
(c) Their fathers.
(d) Their mothers.
4. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
(a) A loud boom.
(b) One of the clan goes missing.
(c) A stranger arrives.
(d) A bad storm.
5. What animal does Arthur Carberry bring to Australia with him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Fremantle name the area?
2. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
3. Why does Kundilla conclude that the white soldiers mean them no harm?
4. What kind of weather is it always successful to hunt in?
5. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)