|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
2. Why does Mr. Keeling advise the Department of Native Affairs that the half-caste children should be removed from Jigalong?
(a) They are an embarrassment.
(b) They are not getting a fair chance.
(c) They eat too much food.
(d) It is degrading for them to run around with the darker skinned children.
3. What will actually happen to them?
(a) They will be sent to work as servants in England.
(b) They will be imprisoned.
(c) They will be kept in a settlement for half-caste girls for the rest of their lives.
(d) They will be sent further away from their families to work on dairy farms.
4. Who do the girls meet at Station 594, near Jigalong?
(a) Their aunt and cousins.
(b) Constable Riggs.
(c) Molly's mother.
(d) Molly's father.
5. Why does Mrs. Flannigan call the Superintendent of the Moore River Settlement to tell him that the girls were at her house?
(a) She believes that they should be kept away from their black families.
(b) She is annoyed that they asked her for food.
(c) She is concerned for their safety.
(d) She is afraid of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Arthur Carberry bring to Australia with him?
2. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
3. How old is Daisy?
4. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
5. What is the Canning Stock Route?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)