|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: The Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Bidgup and Meedo use their usual hunting trails?
(a) The white people have made hunting illegal.
(b) There are houses built on them.
(c) All the animals have been frightened away.
(d) They are blocked by fences.
2. How do the Mardudjara people feel about their work?
(a) They do not understand it and often do a bad job.
(b) They are angered by it, and plot revenge.
(c) They see it as a form of kindness.
(d) They see it as exploitation.
3. Who makes the decision about when teenage boys are ready to go into the Law?
(a) Their fathers.
(b) The tribal elders.
(c) Their mothers.
(d) The boys themselves.
4. What do the girls at Moore River wear as shoes?
(a) Thin bark slippers.
(b) Big, heavy snow boots.
(c) They do not have shoes.
5. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
(a) They steal food from them.
(b) They trade animal skins for food and tobacco.
(c) They are captured and used as slaves by the white men.
(d) They train as stockmen and domestic help.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they spend the night before traveling on to Moore River?
2. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
3. What do the girls want to ask him, but do not dare?
4. Why do the girls want to speak up when Miss Campbell introduces them to the staff member?
5. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)