|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: The Decline of Aboriginal Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Fremantle name the area?
(b) Northern Australia.
(c) Western Australia.
(d) New England.
2. How many wives does Kundilla have?
3. What did the Aboriginal people discover too late?
(a) A secret hiding place from the white men.
(b) That the white men are human beings and not spirits.
(c) That all their beliefs are false.
(d) How to use guns.
4. Why are the Aboriginal people forced to accept the white men's system of justice and punishment?
(a) They don't believe in violence.
(b) The white men have superior weapons.
(c) They believe that the white men are right.
(d) The Queen tells them to.
5. Why are the women settlers upset?
(a) Because they are afraid of the Aboriginals.
(b) Because the rain is destroying their possessions.
(c) Because the Aboriginals are not wearing clothes.
(d) Because they are hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Captain Fremantle want?
2. What weapons do the Aboriginal men use to hunt with?
3. What nationality is Captain Fremantle?
4. Why can't Bidgup and Meedo use their usual hunting trails?
5. What does Arthur Carberry hope to achieve in Australia?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)