|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Jigalong, 1907-1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
(a) He tries to use sign language.
(b) He writes it down instead.
(c) He draws pictures in the sand.
(d) He gets a translator.
2. How long had the red desert been the home of the Mardudjara people before they left?
(a) Over 40,000 years.
(b) Under 10 years.
(c) 100 years.
(d) Almost 2,000 years.
3. How do they justify this?
(a) The food should be shared.
(b) The white people are evil.
(c) They will die if they do not.
(d) The spirits of the ancestors told them to.
4. What are Bidgup and Meedo worried about?
(a) That the spirits of the ancestors will be angry.
(b) That the white people will declare war on them.
(c) That they will be driven from their lands.
(d) That they will have to work for the white people.
5. How do the Aboriginals cut their meat?
(a) With sharp stones.
(b) With their teeth.
(c) With knives and forks.
(d) With bears' teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dayup know that Captain Fremantle must be important?
2. Why don't the Aboriginals understand what Captain Fremantle is saying?
3. How does the Illustrated Melbourne Post say the Aboriginal people reacted to this act of goodwill?
4. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
5. What is the name of Captain Fremantle's gunboat?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)