|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Jigalong, 1907-1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the grandmother protect the new baby from any evil spirits nearby?
(a) She places a protective amulet around the baby's neck.
(b) She covers the baby in a special salve.
(c) She sprinkles water on the baby.
(d) She insults the baby.
2. In chapter one, who is the first person mentioned in the book?
(a) Captain Fremantle.
3. How do the Aboriginal people make Jigalong a permanent 'sitting down place'?
(a) They chase out all the white people and claim it for themselves.
(b) Sacred objects are brought and buried there.
(c) They make it the gathering place for all the tribes.
(d) They build permanent houses.
4. Why are the women settlers upset?
(a) Because the rain is destroying their possessions.
(b) Because they are hungry.
(c) Because they are afraid of the Aboriginals.
(d) Because the Aboriginals are not wearing clothes.
5. What does Arthur Carberry hope to achieve in Australia?
(a) He wants to find good land and become rich.
(b) He wants to find an Aboriginal to be his slave.
(c) He wants to join the army.
(d) He wants to send money home to his sick mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
2. How much land had Captain Fremantle already claimed?
3. What is a wuungku?
4. Who is Yellagonga?
5. Why did some Mardudjara people react violently to white construction workers?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)