|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Jigalong, 1907-1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
(a) Because they had received threatening letters from them.
(b) Because they were afraid of the strange colour of their skin.
(c) Because white pirates had already killed men and taken women as sex slaves.
(d) Because they had seen white men fighting from a distance.
2. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
(a) They are captured and used as slaves by the white men.
(b) They train as stockmen and domestic help.
(c) They trade animal skins for food and tobacco.
(d) They steal food from them.
3. What flag do the soldiers raise on the shore?
(a) The Stars and Stripes (the American flag).
(b) The Jolly Roger (a pirate flag).
(c) The Union Jack (the British flag).
(d) The Flag of Australia.
4. Why do the soldiers abandon the military outpost?
(a) Isolation and lack of weapons make them vulnerable.
(b) The Aboriginal men fight them off.
(c) They do not have enough food.
(d) There is a large storm coming.
5. When they discover the white men, what is the Aboriginal men's first fear?
(a) That they will try to kill all the Aboriginals in the camp.
(b) That they will take away the women.
(c) That they will take their land.
(d) That they will anger the spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Captain crash the ship?
2. How does Molly's father interact with his child?
3. What are the white men compared to?
4. What are Bidgup and Meedo worried about?
5. When Golda spears one of the cattle, what happens to him?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)