|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Jigalong, 1907-1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does Kundilla have?
2. How is this carried out?
(a) Taking Aboriginals as servants.
(b) Building very grand houses.
(c) Sending out patrols into the bush.
(d) Picnics, fox-hunts and balls.
3. Why do the soldiers abandon the military outpost?
(a) Isolation and lack of weapons make them vulnerable.
(b) There is a large storm coming.
(c) They do not have enough food.
(d) The Aboriginal men fight them off.
4. Who is Yellagonga?
(a) A peace-loving tribal leader.
(b) A powerful spirit ancestor.
(c) A war-loving tribal leader.
(d) An Aboriginal god.
5. Why are the Aboriginals afraid of white men?
(a) Because they had received threatening letters from them.
(b) Because white pirates had already killed men and taken women as sex slaves.
(c) Because they had seen white men fighting from a distance.
(d) Because they were afraid of the strange colour of their skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What punishment are Bidgup and Meedo given?
2. What does Captain Fremantle want?
3. How does Captain Fremantle try to communicate when he realizes they don't understand him?
4. What is the main reason why the Mardudjara people decide to leave their desert?
5. How does the grandmother protect the new baby from any evil spirits nearby?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)