|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Jigalong, 1907-1931.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange occurrence shatters the peace of the camp?
(a) A loud boom.
(b) A stranger arrives.
(c) A bad storm.
(d) One of the clan goes missing.
2. Who is the father of Maude's child?
(a) The Superintendent, Mr. Keeling.
(b) An inspector of the fence, Thomas Craig.
(c) Protector of Aborigines, Constable Riggs.
(d) Her 'bilgur' (her betrothed).
3. How does the grandmother protect the new baby from any evil spirits nearby?
(a) She places a protective amulet around the baby's neck.
(b) She sprinkles water on the baby.
(c) She covers the baby in a special salve.
(d) She insults the baby.
4. Where is Maude's baby born?
(a) In a hut in Jigalong.
(b) In the baby's father's house.
(c) In the hospital at Perth.
(d) At their camp south of Jigalong.
5. What do Bidgup and Meedo decide to do about the food problem?
(a) Kill all the white people.
(b) Take the white women hostage.
(c) Take one of the white people's sheep.
(d) Move the whole tribe away into the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Aboriginal laws important to them?
2. Who is Yellagonga?
3. How do they justify this?
4. How do the Mardudjara people interact with the white station owners?
5. How do the settlers allocate land?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)